The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 05:53:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207403 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #640 on: June 15, 2017, 21:15:34 pm »

Reeves is a proper player. One to really enjoy watching. So alas he is as unlikely as McAleny.
McGuire doesn't fit the young bill does he. Great player at this level, but can't see it being him either.
Williams is great, but forever injured.

Back to the drawing board...

I may be wrong, but did someone not tweet the target is mid age range?
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #641 on: June 15, 2017, 21:28:11 pm »

I can reveal that our target is in his early 20's, no league experience  and we have never heard of him before.. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #642 on: June 15, 2017, 21:59:07 pm »

I rarely post on here nowadays as I've got a lot going on but I can let you know that our target signing is Ben reeves from mk dons.

Hahahahahahaha
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #643 on: June 15, 2017, 22:24:09 pm »

I rarely post on here nowadays as I've got a lot going on but I can let you know that our target signing is Ben reeves from mk dons.

I can also let you know that this is utter bollocks.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #644 on: June 15, 2017, 22:33:17 pm »

No chance of Ben Reeves what so ever, let's face it we don't have a scooby.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #645 on: June 16, 2017, 05:32:24 am »

It might be an idea if you at least made your random transfer rumours vaguely realistic.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #646 on: June 16, 2017, 08:19:37 am »

According to the Chronic, JED has offers on the table for all six of the players he wants to complete the squad, three centre backs, a defensive midfielder and a versatile attacker. One or two of them are loans but the rest permanent signings. Sounds promising.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #647 on: June 16, 2017, 08:20:36 am »

According to the Chronic, JED has offers on the table for all six of the players he wants to complete the squad, three centre backs, a defensive midfielder and a versatile attacker. One or two of them are loans but the rest permanent signings. Sounds promising.

No GK?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #648 on: June 16, 2017, 08:32:05 am »

No GK?

Oh yeah, and a goalie makes 6. Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #649 on: June 16, 2017, 09:06:24 am »

That article must have been written earlier this week. The article states they are back in training in less than 2 weeks!? Previously it was reported that they were due back in on 23rd June. I think that is 1 week!
Report Spam   Logged
Hartke230

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:31 am »

Believe it is fitness assesment end of next week (1week) and then the following week is actual pre-season training (2weeks)
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #651 on: June 16, 2017, 09:46:06 am »

Here's the article in case anyone missed it:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-boss-edinburgh-targets-six-of-the-best-ahead-of-new-season-1-8011090

The quote that stands out is :

"But he also feels that there is so much quality on offer in the loan market that it would be unwise to ignore such options"

Given how poor the loan signings were last season (Keshi, Boateng, Wylde, Williams to a degree) they must but a few steps up in terms of quality. A young, upcoming Prem CB to work with Leon Barnett would be ideal.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #652 on: June 16, 2017, 09:49:34 am »

Believe it is fitness assesment end of next week (1week) and then the following week is actual pre-season training (2weeks)

Surely, the fitness assessment is just one day. Then the following week it's proper training. Hence, why they come back on the Friday.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #653 on: June 16, 2017, 10:18:51 am »

Here's the article in case anyone missed it:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-boss-edinburgh-targets-six-of-the-best-ahead-of-new-season-1-8011090

The quote that stands out is :

"But he also feels that there is so much quality on offer in the loan market that it would be unwise to ignore such options"

Given how poor the loan signings were last season (Keshi, Boateng, Wylde, Williams to a degree) they must but a few steps up in terms of quality. A young, upcoming Prem CB to work with Leon Barnett would be ideal.

I am hoping for Bailey Cargill. He would be an amazing loan as I can't see Bournemouth playing him too much next season
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:12 am »

Bailey Cargill would be great - but think Poole might be one of the loanees coming in.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-loan-poole-13108369
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
jamie-brett

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: June 16, 2017, 13:49:54 pm »

That article must have been written earlier this week. The article states they are back in training in less than 2 weeks!? Previously it was reported that they were due back in on 23rd June. I think that is 1 week!

1 week is less than 2 weeks  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2017, 21:55:33 pm »

Are we signing 2or3 more players then having the rest of the squad made up of loanees again ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2487

« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:16 am »

Think JE talks perfect sense about loan players.
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2017, 08:37:55 am »

Think JE talks perfect sense about loan players.
Completely agree, I think people get way too hung up about loan players. I think the problem is a lot of them come into an already struggling teams as a panic option half way through the season, with slim pickings at that stage. There's almost like this thought that players signed for a fee are automatically better than free transfers who are themselves better than loans. We have had plenty of good loans, Sampson and Warburton both started on loan before signing, plus the likes of Alex Pearce, Simon Cox and Kyle Walker just to name a few.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2017, 12:48:11 pm »

Are we signing 2or3 more players then having the rest of the squad made up of loanees again ?

That's not what JED said
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: