The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:53:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207396 times)
rebelspawn

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #700 on: June 20, 2017, 11:33:20 am »

I don't think so - your comments were politically opportunistic comments. I did not think that the poster needed to point out the player was black!

The poster narrowed down from 11 players by saying the player was a winger.

In general there would have been 2 wingers on the pitch. in order to distinguish between the two wingers, would it have been okay if:

One had hair and one was bald and the poster used the bald descriptor to indicate the individual they were talking about?
What if one winger was blonde and the other had brown hair can the poster describe the individual by saying the blonde one?

I quite liked the look of the Coventry winger with the pony tail when he played against us, don't know his name so i will use a descriptor that separates him from the other winger/s on the pitch. is that okay with you?

Having said all of that... i don't know the skin Colour of the other Bradford winger that was on the pitch at the time. If he was also black then there was no purpose to describing him using skin Colour. Its all about context and intent, but i explained all of this to you when you were crying SEXISM in the Caroline thread the other month.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:39:30 am by rebelspawn » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #701 on: June 20, 2017, 11:45:38 am »

So what you are saying is that you don't agree with me making the comment but you agree with the comment?

Politically opportunistic? On a football forum? OK fella

.......but you agree with the comment! No I don't ! And yes you do get some political comments on here; not many but they do happen 'fella'!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #702 on: June 20, 2017, 11:57:47 am »

The poster narrowed down from 11 players by saying the player was a winger.

In general there would have been 2 wingers on the pitch. in order to distinguish between the two wingers, would it have been okay if:

One had hair and one was bald and the poster used the bald descriptor to indicate the individual they were talking about?
What if one winger was blonde and the other had brown hair can the poster describe the individual by saying the blonde one?

I quite liked the look of the Coventry winger with the pony tail when he played against us, don't know his name so i will use a descriptor that separates him from the other winger/s on the pitch. is that okay with you?

Having said all of that... i don't know the skin Colour of the other Bradford winger that was on the pitch at the time. If he was also black then there was no purpose to describing him using skin Colour. Its all about context and intent, but i explained all of this to you when you were crying SEXISM in the Caroline thread the other month.

Generally it is safer to use names - if you don't know it that's yr problem. What's sexism got to do with this thread?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 20, 2017, 12:10:36 pm »

.......but you agree with the comment! No I don't ! And yes you do get some political comments on here; not many but they do happen 'fella'!

Right, I know it's not hard but you've confused me now. You said

I did not think that the poster needed to point out the player was black!

which is basically what I said and you don't agree with that?

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #704 on: June 20, 2017, 13:45:25 pm »

I've noticed you can call someone black as long as you say "guy" after it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #705 on: June 20, 2017, 14:13:25 pm »

The club are pretty good at keeping their cards close to their chest over transfers at the moment aren't they? Usually there is a few leaks around about players they are in talks with.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 20, 2017, 14:31:29 pm »

The club are pretty good at keeping their cards close to their chest over transfers at the moment aren't they? Usually there is a few leaks around about players they are in talks with.

A good sign of a more professional outfit in my opinion. As fun as it is to speculate the club should by doing their best to keep it all in house
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #707 on: June 20, 2017, 14:35:05 pm »

A good sign of a more professional outfit in my opinion. As fun as it is to speculate the club should by doing their best to keep it all in house

Totally agree. Always a bad sign when there are leaks. I remember under Gary Johnson, everyone knew everything!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 20, 2017, 15:00:52 pm »

I've noticed you can call someone black as long as you say "guy" after it.

You racist, sexist pig....  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #709 on: June 20, 2017, 17:53:54 pm »

Here he is Mr doom and gloom... That's right JED is lying through his back teeth about the budget.

Every other club has all there player in except us. We are the only club ever to have missed out on a target, not saying that we have BTW. Every season the managers say would like to get the players in before pre season starts and it never happens.

Oh and it's a fitness assessment not fitness training, there is a whole world of difference
WTF are you whittering on about, where did I say training???
Try reading the post before commenting I said testing!
It's obvious that we've missed our targets and are now struggling to get the second choice in.
Prepare yourselves for McCourt Mkll.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #710 on: June 20, 2017, 18:15:41 pm »

Twitter polls the other day had us linked with Freddie Woodman, would think this was just the link with his Dad though.

He has a little experience via loans, last one being Kilmarnock. Not sure if his exploits with the U20's will put him on the radar of clubs higher up the leagues though.

Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 20, 2017, 19:38:40 pm »

Twitter polls the other day had us linked with Freddie Woodman, would think this was just the link with his Dad though.

He has a little experience via loans, last one being Kilmarnock. Not sure if his exploits with the U20's will put him on the radar of clubs higher up the leagues though.

Genuine question - how could a poll possibly link us with somebody? Unless the 'electorate' are pre-screened to only include members of the Woodman family and/or certain football agents then surely the result is totally baseless?

Perhaps the same poll that had Shoemaker convinced we were on the brink of signing Hal Robson-Kanu last summer...
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #712 on: June 20, 2017, 19:40:22 pm »

Why do some believe or assume that we have missed targets?
They may still be under contract at their former clubs until 30 June, which is preventing the publicity?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 20, 2017, 20:03:31 pm »

WTF are you whittering on about, where did I say training???
Try reading the post before commenting I said testing!
It's obvious that we've missed our targets and are now struggling to get the second choice in.
Prepare yourselves for McCourt Mkll.

I did read it and you said training until you changed it to testing...yes we MAY have missed out on a couple of targets but you don't know that for sure. Your just assuming. Why would a manager say he has a mid table budget if he hasn't and put undue pressure on himself.. That's Wtf I'm going on about you complete moron
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #714 on: June 20, 2017, 20:03:59 pm »

Why would a manager put himself under undue pressure by saying we have a mid table budget when we haven't. Yes maybe we have missed a couple of targets but it isn't like we are the only club to have ever missed out on a player or two is it. That fact your a miseable old sod who like nothing more than to whinge whinge whinge whinge when you don't know any of the facts at all. Its like your opinion is the only one that counts and quite frankly you know Jack about anything
Haha you'll be an old git one day and moan like fcuk as well, as for not knowing jack about anything  I know that I'm considerably richer than you'll ever be  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 20, 2017, 20:05:33 pm »

Why do some believe or assume that we have missed targets?
They may still be under contract at their former clubs until 30 June, which is preventing the publicity?

Because we have not signed anyone for a while even though it's still the middle of June and they have nothing better to do with there time
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #716 on: June 20, 2017, 20:25:32 pm »

We haven't played a game yet and everyone is SOO touchy. Wait until we start the season with 3 points out of the first 12, posters might start saying slightly impolite things to each other!
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 20, 2017, 20:47:39 pm »

Genuine question - how could a poll possibly link us with somebody? Unless the 'electorate' are pre-screened to only include members of the Woodman family and/or certain football agents then surely the result is totally baseless?
Perhaps the same poll that had Shoemaker convinced we were on the brink of signing Hal Robson-Kanu last summer...

My bad, the name of the account is Northampton Polls!

https://twitter.com/PollsFL92NTFC/status/875681633369718784
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #718 on: June 21, 2017, 09:06:07 am »

Jake Buxton has left Wigan saying that he wants to be closer to family in Nottinghamshire. If they live in South Notts, we would be pretty close...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40349497

I cant seem to find confirmation, but he is a centre back right? i can only find 'defender' listed as his position
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #719 on: June 21, 2017, 09:16:47 am »

Jake Buxton has left Wigan saying that he wants to be closer to family in Nottinghamshire. If they live in South Notts, we would be pretty close...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40349497

I cant seem to find confirmation, but he is a centre back right? i can only find 'defender' listed as his position

Odds on to go back to Burton I reckon!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: