The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:00:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207776 times)
Rach

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #360 on: May 25, 2017, 12:03:02 pm »

He's a right back though - we're sorted thanks.

We may be sorted at the moment. He's on the radar, if the need arises for another RB
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2017, 12:03:54 pm »

It also says he's of interest to championship clubs....and he's delaying on an Oxford contract.

'I know, I'll hold on and wait for the mighty Cobblers to offer me a contract, I don't want to play for oxalona or a championship club'

Srsly guys. What in you right minds makes you post this having read the article.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2017, 12:27:14 pm »

Oxford's budget was around £2m more than ours last season, I believe.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2017, 12:43:18 pm »

They have cut back this year so you never know - we have to sign better players so I hope the budget is reasonably competitive. I get the impression that the two OU players are delaying signing as perhaps the offers are not great! Would be lovely if we could poach two of their better players 😤
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2017, 12:50:57 pm »

They have cut back this year so you never know - we have to sign better players so I hope the budget is reasonably competitive. I get the impression that the two OU players are delaying signing as perhaps the offers are not great! Would be lovely if we could poach two of their better players 😤

According to their Chairman they had the 8th or 9th biggest budget in the division last year and they are aiming for a 'Top 6 budget' this time. On that basis if the terms they are offering aren't good enough then we are unlikely to better them. Unless we offer one of their squad players star billing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39846008

Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2017, 13:12:11 pm »

£2m is around £38k per week! If there budget was that much higher than ours they should've won the lg!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2017, 13:14:50 pm »

According to their Chairman they had the 8th or 9th biggest budget in the division last year and they are aiming for a 'Top 6 budget' this time. On that basis if the terms they are offering aren't good enough then we are unlikely to better them. Unless we offer one of their squad players star billing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39846008

Oxford Mail reported that Budget for next season will not match that of previous year(16/17). As you know the papers are a reliable source of info! Cool

Surely we could aim for two marque signings if only to boost hope for next season.Not necessarily Oxford players but Conor McAleny might be worth a shout.  No point being half hearted on signing one or two decent quality players.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 13:24:12 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2017, 13:53:52 pm »

£2m is around £38k per week! If there budget was that much higher than ours they should've won the lg!

Well when you consider what some players are on in this division it could be easily that much.

Morison & Gregory must be on £10k p/w between them, minimum.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #368 on: May 25, 2017, 13:56:19 pm »

For what its worth I was told in January their budget was £3M per year and our circa 1.8M
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2017, 14:12:12 pm »

Oxford Mail reported that Budget for next season will not match that of previous year(16/17). As you know the papers are a reliable source of info! Cool

Surely we could aim for two marque signings if only to boost hope for next season.Not necessarily Oxford players but Conor McAleny might be worth a shout.  No point being half hearted on signing one or two decent quality players.
Do you live in Oxford? All your posts seem to be about them
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2017, 14:44:29 pm »

Well worth a read.
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2017, 14:47:00 pm »

I'd prefer we didnt waste the majority of our wage budget on Conor McAleny and signed some central defenders
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2017, 15:10:06 pm »

Well worth a read.

Interesting insight that.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2017, 15:29:55 pm »

Not match could also mean exceed. I would hope the chairman has a better grasp of their budget than the local paper but you never know do you!

With regard to McAleny, it really depends on how Everton rate him, if they think he could be a future first teamer there then I would imagine they would want to test him in the Championship. If they aren't bothered and just seeing his contract down then you never know, although I'd imagine we'd be further back in the queue of League One clubs
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2017, 16:13:09 pm »

Well worth a read.

This is what happens when you create a virtually unregulated agents industry.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 25, 2017, 17:13:31 pm »

Do you live in Oxford? All your posts seem to be about them

Am in Bicester at the Akeman Inn if that helps - it's only the last couple of days tho' that I have themed on a couple of their players. MK next.
Report Spam   Logged

lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #376 on: May 25, 2017, 17:35:29 pm »

Well when you consider what some players are on in this division it could be easily that much.

Morison & Gregory must be on £10k p/w between them, minimum.

You are aware that Morison & Gregory play for Millwall, right?

Plus, you said £2m more than ours so if our budget was £2million theirs would be £4million equalling a whopping £76,000 per week. You could have 5 x 5k per week, 5 x 4k per week, 5 x 3k per week and 6 x 2.5k per week to make up a 21 man squad with that budget.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
defender

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 26, 2017, 05:50:33 am »

We need at least three centre backs, Just were are we going to find them?`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````/
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 26, 2017, 06:18:24 am »

You are aware that Morison & Gregory play for Millwall, right?

Plus, you said £2m more than ours so if our budget was £2million theirs would be £4million equalling a whopping £76,000 per week. You could have 5 x 5k per week, 5 x 4k per week, 5 x 3k per week and 6 x 2.5k per week to make up a 21 man squad with that budget.

I guess a lot also depends on the definition of transfer budget and whether it includes transfer fees too, obviously last year Oxford sold a couple of players for good money and invested a good chunk of that on some large fees.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #379 on: May 26, 2017, 06:46:10 am »

We need at least three centre backs, Just were are we going to find them?`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````/

Get yer ole boots and shin pads out, have they got your home number?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: