The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:40:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207637 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1700 on: July 20, 2017, 08:01:49 am »

If you google it there's a pretty convincing article on the bury local paper that says he's had a medical, big shame as we could have done with him as a link between midfield and attack - hopefully we've got alternative targets.
I'm sure they'll be another player out there somewhere that we can sign before the end of August who'll do a job.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1701 on: July 20, 2017, 08:02:03 am »

Does anyone even know that NTFC were interested in Maguire???
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: July 20, 2017, 08:02:07 am »

Some of the names on here are actually amusing. All it does is raise people's expectations followed by disappointment by these believers when the realistic signings are made. I know we have extra investment but Jacobs, bunn and the best 1 for me had to be rob green. Really?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: July 20, 2017, 08:36:33 am »

This is a big blow is he signs for Bury, he just what we have been looking for that 20 goal a season striker with pace.

A 28 year old who hasn't scored 20 goals in one season to date?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: July 20, 2017, 08:43:46 am »

Yes
Justin Edinburgh,kelvin Thomas,Andy Melville and James whiting would know.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1705 on: July 20, 2017, 08:44:48 am »

A 28 year old who hasn't scored 20 goals in one season to date?

Oh dear Man04 oh dear!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: July 20, 2017, 09:02:35 am »

Some of the names on here are actually amusing. All it does is raise people's expectations followed by disappointment by these believers when the realistic signings are made. I know we have extra investment but Jacobs, bunn and the best 1 for me had to be rob green. Really?

Yr piece is based on realisim which is not always replicated in football. Eyebrows were raised that Matt Taylor had joined NTFC! A club with funds available will generally attract higher profile players it's happened to us , Notts County, Fleetwood, Crawley etc. When a 'famous' club get relegated then the same principle can apply.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:47:35 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: July 20, 2017, 09:10:58 am »

Exactly... Only people on here assumed.. No one at the club has actually said we were to my knowledge anyway
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1708 on: July 20, 2017, 09:13:42 am »

After tonight I would say that is essential.

Why? Because we lost a pre-season friendly? The second in two days, following training sessions in the morning and travelling to Frome and back. Get real.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:28 am »

Yr piece is based on realisin which is not always replicated in football. Eyebrows were raised that Matt Taylor had joined NTFC! A club with funds available will generally attract higher profile players it's happened to us , Notts County, Fleetwood, Crawley etc. When a 'famous' club get relegated then the same principle can apply.

Don't really understand your point. Matt Taylor would never of been attracting championship clubs when we signed him. He has a great left foot but is a liability in open play. Players that have been mentioned on here are genuinely attracting top end championship clubs. Even with our investment I don't think we are able to compete yet.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: July 20, 2017, 09:53:28 am »

Don't really understand your point. Matt Taylor would never of been attracting championship clubs when we signed him. He has a great left foot but is a liability in open play. Players that have been mentioned on here are genuinely attracting top end championship clubs. Even with our investment I don't think we are able to compete yet.

The point being that if a club has funds it will attract players. That's pretty easy to grasp. Your opinion on Taylor is just that. No facts at all. The one fact I do know that Taylor coming here raised eyebrows.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 20, 2017, 10:05:06 am »

Why? Because we lost a pre-season friendly? The second in two days, following training sessions in the morning and travelling to Frome and back. Get real.

I would say the majority of supporters there last night would have been disappointed
with that showing! Certainly JE was. If you were there your opinion would be very different.
As it is it's full of excuses!
If it wasn't for Goff we would have been 3 nil down by half time! 
Report Spam   Logged

vietnamcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 20, 2017, 10:08:25 am »

The point being that if a club has funds it will attract players. That's pretty easy to grasp. Your opinion on Taylor is just that. No facts at all. The one fact I do know that Taylor coming here raised eyebrows.

It does seem to happen frequently on this forum - people conveying opinion as fact..
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:12:03 am by vietnamcobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 20, 2017, 10:08:40 am »

That's not how you worded it. Would say it's pretty obvious that if a club has funds it will attract players. All I am saying is I don't think we have the funds to attract some of the players mentioned on here. I would say it was a fact that Taylor was a liability in open play. I saw it enough last season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1714 on: July 20, 2017, 10:15:36 am »

I would say the majority of supporters there last night would have been disappointed
with that showing! Certainly JE was. If you were there your opinion would be very different.

Not excuses, facts! Another fact is 3 or 4 players didn't play. And of course the 2 or 3 we still may sign.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1715 on: July 20, 2017, 10:20:53 am »

have you got a link for the league table after last nights game..............the one i have shows us yet to kick a ball.............and on level points with everyone. Thought we might be in relegation trouble after last night?! doesn't look that way at the minute.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 20, 2017, 10:35:36 am »

have you got a link for the league table after last nights game..............the one i have shows us yet to kick a ball.............and on level points with everyone. Thought we might be in relegation trouble after last night?! doesn't look that way at the minute.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 20, 2017, 11:05:39 am »

Bury Football Club‏

CONFIRMED: Chris Maguire has signed a two year deal with the Shakers, full details online soon
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 20, 2017, 11:28:18 am »

Bury Football Club‏

CONFIRMED: Chris Maguire has signed a two year deal with the Shakers, full details online soon
Shame
You can't blame him though,a front three of ajose beckford and maguire shows some proper ambition not to be in the relegation scrap after last season!!

I'm sure we have targets we are working on to make us a more potent attacking threat.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #1719 on: July 20, 2017, 11:49:35 am »

Has JE said he is after another striker?

I feel like we have a lot on the books including some who can play as a striker if needed.

Richards, Revell, Waters, Lobjoit, Joe I (assume will go on loan), Hoskins, Bowditch and Powell at a push

Opinions may say some of them are not good enough, but I cant see any of the above leaving, given 4 have just signed and two have been given new deals.

Unless Lobjoit is going out on loan too?
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: