The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:05:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2017 Transfer Wishlist  (Read 207665 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #2460 on: August 30, 2017, 13:41:39 pm »

Fundamentally... to have anything like a properly balanced squad we need to sign a couple of wingers/wing backs with real pace/energy & a proper defensive midfielder.

Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #2461 on: August 30, 2017, 13:48:57 pm »

If KT lets JED bring more players in he's got more money than sense. I think if you offered the vast majority of fans a new big money high profile signing or sacking JED and giving him his payoff they'd go for the latter.
Offering neither is probably more in line with what KT can afford.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: August 30, 2017, 15:14:05 pm »

Fundamentally... to have anything like a properly balanced squad we need to sign a couple of wingers/wing backs with real pace/energy & a proper defensive midfielder.

He's had all Summer to get wingers in....he ain't gonna now is he....he doesn't play a system suitable for wingers...HE PLAYS CRAP NEGATIVE HOOOOFBALL

Cannot believe he's still our kin' manager!!!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #2463 on: August 30, 2017, 15:40:57 pm »

How many players has he signed so far? He still hasn't got it right. Get rid of him and use the money to pay off the contract he never deserved.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: August 30, 2017, 15:51:22 pm »

Still can't get my head round the fact that the 1st signing of the summer was a winger...Given that we didn't have any to start with common sense dictates that you get at least another one to balance the side...umpteen signings later and not a mention of one  Huh? Huh?

When Powell was signed I actually thought he'd realised what was missing...How wrong can you be  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #2465 on: August 30, 2017, 18:22:55 pm »

I personally can't see any new signings tomorrow. I believe JED thinks he's got what he needs otherwise he wouldn't have said the GK would be lithe last. Grimes was only brought in because Taylor wanted out!. Thing is he need 1x RW 1x Midfield General and another striker (experencied not over 30yrs old) l. Then you have to consider WIng backs and cover for the wings.... you'd think he have got it right over the summer, I mean wasn't that one of his Gillingham mistakes...they did tell us it would go this way!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2466 on: August 31, 2017, 07:40:17 am »

What's the chances of us doing any business today ?
Remote I would have thought , given that JED probably has very little support at board level and the budget could be blown with a compensation payment .
So , we are left as a side playing 442 without wingers or 532 without wing backs for the foreseeable .
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2467 on: August 31, 2017, 07:51:59 am »

What's the chances of us doing any business today ?
Remote I would have thought , given that JED probably has very little support at board level and the budget could be blown with a compensation payment .
So , we are left as a side playing 442 without wingers or 532 without wing backs for the foreseeable .

It's an absolute joke isn't it - add to that the fact that we've got two very inexperienced keepers neither of whom fill me with any confidence and it's fair to say the summer recruitment has been completely lopsided. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's sniffing around josh wright who has just been released by gillingham which would be ridiculous as he's yet another central midfielder.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: August 31, 2017, 07:56:39 am »

Still have one loanee space left in the squad.....

Wonder if there are any right wingers, who can also play left wing back and right wing back as well as be first choice goalkeeper available on loan somewhere?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #2469 on: August 31, 2017, 07:59:36 am »

We have so many central midfielders , we could play 3 different team sheets .
And yet , no wide players except Powell.
It looks like we will have another season of a striker playing wide , whether that's poor old Waters stuck out there or Hoskins .
How did he get himself into such a mess ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #2470 on: August 31, 2017, 08:41:03 am »

Still have one loanee space left in the squad.....

Wonder if there are any right wingers, who can also play left wing back and right wing back as well as be first choice goalkeeper available on loan somewhere?
Grin Grin
Maybe some players will go the other way before KT subsequently pulls the trigger.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #2471 on: August 31, 2017, 08:58:20 am »

It will be intresting to see who if any leave.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2472 on: August 31, 2017, 09:05:41 am »

It will be intresting to see who if any leave.

If it was an ideal world .....
I would do the following :
Swap Kasim for a wide left player
Swap Revell for a more mobile target man
Swap Bowditch for a wide right player

But it's not an ideal world
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #2473 on: August 31, 2017, 09:16:27 am »

Out of the two up top I wouldn't be too suprised if Rico went
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: August 31, 2017, 09:26:29 am »

Out of the two up top I wouldn't be too suprised if Rico went

Agree with this, I know he's not long signed his new deal but that we pre-investment. As with Taylor all parties might just conclude it is better he moves on.

It is interesting that a lot talk about moving Revell on in order to bring in a more mobile target man. It's a fair point but surely out of Revs and Rico, Revs is the more mobile, or have I lost it?

As for moving Bowditch and Kasim on I'd be hugely surprised if anyone we signed this summer were to leave in the same window.

I feel a bit for Bowditch in particular, he's clearly got good pedigree and has been able to hold down a place in teams placed much higher than us. He's played 1 competitive game for us where the whole team stunk the place out and he's been largely written off. Should we not be giving new signings more of a chance than that?
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: August 31, 2017, 10:15:54 am »

If it was an ideal world .....
I would do the following :
Swap Kasim for a wide left player
Swap Revell for a more mobile target man
Swap Bowditch for a wide right player

But it's not an ideal world

Agree with this. Would give us a much more balanced squad, and when JED gets sacked would give the new manager a lot more flexibility to play a system with more width
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2476 on: August 31, 2017, 10:16:39 am »

The thing is that Rico is/was a prolific goal scorer at this level - the problem is on the evidence of the last few games and particularly Peterborough his legs look like they've gone. Revs on the other hand has the legs and work rate but question marks over his scoring rate. Swings and roundabouts.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2477 on: August 31, 2017, 10:17:46 am »

Agree with this, I know he's not long signed his new deal but that we pre-investment. As with Taylor all parties might just conclude it is better he moves on.

It is interesting that a lot talk about moving Revell on in order to bring in a more mobile target man. It's a fair point but surely out of Revs and Rico, Revs is the more mobile, or have I lost it?

As for moving Bowditch and Kasim on I'd be hugely surprised if anyone we signed this summer were to leave in the same window.

I feel a bit for Bowditch in particular, he's clearly got good pedigree and has been able to hold down a place in teams placed much higher than us. He's played 1 competitive game for us where the whole team stunk the place out and he's been largely written off. Should we not be giving new signings more of a chance than that?

You slightly misunderstand my point here .
I am saying in an ideal world , you need a balanced squad with different attributes and these are the players I would swap to achieve that .
I'm not saying it will happen by any means .
Players do need to be given a chance , I agree .
There is not much to choose between Revell and Rico but I just think Rico is more likely to score . I think he should not have been offered a new contract though and said so at the time .
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 31, 2017, 10:24:57 am »

The thing is that Rico is/was a prolific goal scorer at this level - the problem is on the evidence of the last few games and particularly Peterborough his legs look like they've gone. Revs on the other hand has the legs and work rate but question marks over his scoring rate. Swings and roundabouts.

Understand this but I've said before there really wasn't much difference in their scoring rate last season

You slightly misunderstand my point here .
I am saying in an ideal world , you need a balanced squad with different attributes and these are the players I would swap to achieve that .
I'm not saying it will happen by any means .
Players do need to be given a chance , I agree .
There is not much to choose between Revell and Rico but I just think Rico is more likely to score . I think he should not have been offered a new contract though and said so at the time .

Sorry, my post was not clear enough, I know you were talking ideal world  but my point was that it pretty much can't happen. The Bowditch point was more a general point. He's been generally written off on here but, in my book, his pedigree means we should give him a fair crack of the whip before he is written off.

With Rico & Revs, I really don't think there is much in it and agree we could do with shifting one of them - at the very least they should only be utilised in a 'job share' and never be on the pitch together.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2479 on: August 31, 2017, 10:51:42 am »

Bowditch has played wide left in a 4-3-3 and MK and done reasonably well there. Same goes for Powell on both the right and left in a 4-4-2 and a 4-3-3.

Waters played a fair bit on the left of a 4-3-3 at Cheltenham, and Hoskins was probably our best player out wide last season until he got injured.

So we have players that can play wide, just not in a 5-3-2.

I can't see anyone else coming in, no chance KT will let any more money be spent after the start we have had unless someone leaves.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: