The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 18:43:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Adam smith

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adam smith  (Read 11150 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 18:24:45 pm »

Gutted to see another player leave from our title campaign. Provided he moves somewhere to be first choice, think he could go a long way in the game.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 18:49:29 pm »

Would go with all of JED's retain/release list...except regarding Adam Smith. Little or no chance imo, he'll improve on Smith...Page bringing in Cornell is par for the course in that department. Not happy, and unfortunately, much of my judgement of JED in the coming season will be based on this singular decision!
Report Spam   Logged
Starmer87

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 18:50:06 pm »

Gutted to see another player leave from our title campaign. Provided he moves somewhere to be first choice, think he could go a long way in the game.
got to agree. Doesn't even seem like we tried to keep hold of him
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2017, 19:11:24 pm »

We'll only be able to judge this decision when we see who JEd brings in as a replacement. If he brings
in someone experienced and genuinely reliable then his insistence that 'he's bringing in better' might ring true. On the other hand, if he brings in dross or starts with Cornell then his apparent dismissal of Smiths ability will be thrown back in his face.

I expected Smith to leave based on financial reasons but JED insistence that he's letting a goalie who was in the L2 team of the year last season go based on ability is a bit disconcerting.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2017, 19:25:29 pm »

Would go with all of JED's retain/release list...except regarding Adam Smith. Little or no chance imo, he'll improve on Smith...Page bringing in Cornell is par for the course in that department. Not happy, and unfortunately, much of my judgement of JED in the coming season will be based on this singular decision!

Been a bit inconsistent this season! Wanted more than he was worth - I have seen Goalies this season his equivalent or better! Cornell was and probably will still be second choice. For me his performances at BR, MK and Pboro etc (let alone his Manu gaffs) indicated an average player.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2017, 19:31:54 pm »

If he would have signed on the same wage as he is on now we would have kept him. No point paying near on £5k per week for a goalie if by doing that it detracts from the budget available for the rest of the team.
Report Spam   Logged
oliconad

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2017, 19:55:37 pm »

Joe Day out of contract at Newport friend of Justin.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2017, 20:08:25 pm »

Im not sure about Smith. A great shot stopper, but inconsistent in coming off his line, and kicking/distribution.
To be fair, he was released because of his "filming activities", and could have ended up at any lower league club, that was prepared to take a chance.
To his fortune, he ended up at the second best team in league two last season, and shone brightly, as did a lot of other players. However, when last seasons momentum slowed down, so did he.
I dont think that it helped his ego, being in the league two team of the year, and Carl Muggleton moaning that he didnt receive a medal, despite introducing Smith to the club.
Cheers Smudger, all the best for the future. But you are not quite as good as you think you are.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2017, 20:15:43 pm »

I remember at one of the early KT q&a evenings when asked about extending AS contract, KT stated they had initial discussions but that they were miles apart....I knew then he would not be extending his stay once his contract expired...

We only got him due to him being sacked by Leicester.

Was superb last season (esp early part - Orient home game was the best goalkeeping performance I've ever witnessed live)

Not at his best this season but improved when clown Kenny left...

Deffo thinks he's still premier league imo. We'll get a decent senior replacement soon enough  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Starmer87

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 20:21:09 pm »

Been a bit inconsistent this season! Wanted more than he was worth - I have seen Goalies this season his equivalent or better! Cornell was and probably will still be second choice. For me his performances at BR, MK and Pboro etc (let alone his Manu gaffs) indicated an average player.
but he was brilliant last year as was everyone else this year totally different set up, players and management so we pick up on the mistakes he made, whereas last year he might have done the same but we scored and probably went on and won the game, so we forget his mistakes and praise the goal scorer
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 20:28:59 pm »

Everyone blindly goes on about how good Smith was last year ....
Well he was excellent up until February  and then he went downhill badly .
He was  patchy after that  and  very lucky to get in the EFL team .
This year he has been better of late but managers all get frustrated with him .
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 20:33:16 pm »

JEd appears to say on the YouTube vid that another GK became available and that was when the decision was made. Sounds like a senior keeper is already on the way in to me. Not 100% sure I heard right, but sounded like a bit of a slip.

I did like Smith, but if we really were miles apart on wages, then he isn't worth it IMO as if anything he is getting worse, not better.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 20:38:46 pm »

To say gaffs against Man Utd is quite frankly ridiculous! Rashford bearing down on you at lightning pace is a tad different from Revell cantering in! You've seen one or at max two performances from other keepers, so hardly a base for judgement.
Agree entirely with Bungle's post above!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 20:42:01 pm »

If he would have signed on the same wage as he is on now we would have kept him. No point paying near on £5k per week for a goalie if by doing that it detracts from the budget available for the rest of the team.
Where on earth did you conjure up 5k per week from? Rhetorical...you don't know do you?
Also rhetorical!
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 20:45:02 pm »

To say gaffs against Man Utd is quite frankly ridiculous!

No it isn't. They were gaffs. A backpass is a backpass, no matter who you are playing.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 20:45:14 pm »

Plenty of scouts watched him ... but had too many flaws to his game so no bids came in for him .

That said 1 mans junk and all that .... Wish him well but we maybe need experience over potential at this point in time
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 20:49:21 pm »

JEd appears to say on the YouTube vid that another GK became available and that was when the decision was made.

JED definitely says something about another goalkeeper becoming available (about 2mins into the youtube clip, can't quite make out the exact wording) that made his mind up not to offer Smith a deal. So, I expect to see a new goalie signed soon and I expect it to be a good one. Is Bunn too much to ask for?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 20:50:56 pm »

To say gaffs against Man Utd is quite frankly ridiculous! Rashford bearing down on you at lightning pace is a tad different from Revell cantering in! You've seen one or at max two performances from other keepers, so hardly a base for judgement.
Agree entirely with Bungle's post above!
Smith was at fault for both goals .
They were serious gaffs full stop .
He was also at fault a number of times last year and this season .
He can be brilliant but quite often lacks a brain in his head
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 20:51:36 pm »

Where on earth did you conjure up 5k per week from? Rhetorical...you don't know do you?
Also rhetorical!

Its a guess, never claimed to know, but I bet you its close to the mark. I bet he wanted his wages more than doubling.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 20:52:57 pm »

JED definitely says something about another goalkeeper becoming available (about 2mins into the youtube clip, can't quite make out the exact wording) that made his mind up not to offer Smith a deal. So, I expect to see a new goalie signed soon and I expect it to be a good one. Is Bunn too much to ask for?
No more pensioners please . We already have half of world war 1 playing
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: