The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:45:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Labour manifesto football reforms

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Labour manifesto football reforms  (Read 5471 times)
meccanostand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 11, 2017, 15:50:24 pm »

Labour's leaked manifesto has several cracking football reform policies.

Football supporters' trusts would be offered the chance to purchase shares when clubs change hands and to put two directors on the board.

Labour will also pledge to make sure the Premier League invests 5% of its TV income into grassroots and youth football, including improving coaching, facilities and pitches.

This would have made the Sixfields missing millions much more unlikely if implemented in the past. Would be great news for the grassroots game too.

Bravo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/labours-manifesto-pledges-football-fans-10401526
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 15:52:18 pm »

Thank God they wont get in. What a load of crap.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 16:29:36 pm »

Thank God they wont get in. What a load of crap.

Huh?

Looks like a series of excellent ideas to me. Certainly would have a positive impact upon football at the grassroots level, and indeed throughout the lower leagues. Getting fans involved in decision making and the running of clubs where possible is an excellent idea.

No doubt though it's the latest in a series of Labour policies which would benefit the vast majority of those affected but which will be rejected by a stubborn electorate who've already made up their minds on Corbyn and his party based on biased media reporting and the electorate's total failure to grasp Keynesian economics.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 16:42:43 pm »

Exactly how many supporters want fans on the board ? its a fancy idea with no benefit to the fans at all. More likely to put off potential backers if supporters are trying to block every move.
 The Premier League already give the 72 Football League Clubs over £129,120,000 Million, more would be nice but its a start. Keep Politics out of the running of Sport.
Its just the Labour Party starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 16:44:50 pm »

Oh no!

Arguing about football is one thing, but politics.....definite no no for me.

I do get the impression though that Labour try to appeal to people with policies that will 'excite' without always thinking through how they will achieve it in monetary terms.    

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 16:46:53 pm »

I think they put Dianne Abbot in charge of the calculater  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 16:50:51 pm »

I think they put Dianne Abbot in charge of the calculater  Grin Grin

Yes, that was so funny to watch. The radio presenters face was a picture  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 16:51:33 pm »

Oh no!

I do get the impression though that Labour try to appeal to people with policies that will 'excite' without always thinking through how they will achieve it in monetary terms.    

If you didn't want to debate politics, why did you comment? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 17:05:10 pm »

You can say anything if it's got no chance of ever happening. The Labour manifesto is a bit like a lot of the comments on here. Ridiculous and nobody to pay for it.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 17:12:59 pm »

Exactly this. Everything sounds great. But we don't live in an ideal world, and there is a reason we haven't had a left wing government since the 70's. Labour is even more dead now than when Blair realised it. Increased automation hasn't helped and thats only going one way.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 17:37:59 pm »

You can say anything if it's got no chance of ever happening. The Labour manifesto is a bit like a lot of the comments on here. Ridiculous and nobody to pay for it.

Let's hear some a proper critique of the football policies mentioned but save us the sub Daily Mail spiel, it's boring and also bollocks. Tories are no safe hands on the and economy never have been. They are nowhere near eliminating the deficit their pet project.

What they have delivered:

NHS Cuts
Social care crisis
Longest fall in value of wages since records began
NHS recruitment crisis
Huge rise in child poverty
Housing crisis
Public transport crisis
Biggest education cuts in decades
Huge leap in food bank dependency
Homelessness crisis
Local government defunding and council cuts
Police and fire cuts
Sweetheart tax deals
Election fraud
Rising inequality
The threat of the breakup of the UK following brexit.

And before you say the other classic Mail line of  'look what they inherited from Labour', the 2008 financial crisis was caused largely by the US sub prime fraud.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 17:41:24 pm »

Oh no!

Actually, been in long term development and fully costed but, again, carry on with the Mail/Express waffle.

I guess the Tories fully costed driving nearly every public service into crisis Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 17:53:24 pm »

I wouldn't let corbyn run a raffle never mind the country.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 17:57:52 pm »

Yeah, fully costed and backed by "leading economists", none of whom are named and none of which is explained. Utter garbage, it's just a list of spend, spend, spend with nothing but a tax hoik for those earning over 80k mentioned in their plans to balance it out. Oh, and they'll set their own bank up to fund it. Of course they will. Idealist, interventionist claptrap that flies in the face of everything a free market economy stands for.

And back on topic, they should keep their noses out of the running of football clubs as well as other businesses.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 18:10:19 pm »

Yeah, fully costed and backed by "leading economists", none of whom are named and none of which is explained. Utter garbage, it's just a list of spend, spend, spend with nothing but a tax hoik for those earning over 80k mentioned in their plans to balance it out. Oh, and they'll set their own bank up to fund it. Of course they will. Idealist, interventionist claptrap that flies in the face of everything a free market economy stands for.

And back on topic, they should keep their noses out of the running of football clubs as well as other businesses.

Yes cos the market is serving football so well.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 18:16:13 pm »

Yes cos the market is serving football so well.

Actually, it is. There's an enormous amount of money flowing into the game, it just isn't shared out evenly. However, you won't see a cleaner cut example of a meritocracy in any walk of life. It's in the hands of the club's themselves; do better, get a bigger share.
Report Spam   Logged

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 18:19:50 pm »

Actually, it is. There's an enormous amount of money flowing into the game, it just isn't shared out evenly. However, you won't see a cleaner cut example of a meritocracy in any walk of life. It's in the hands of the club's themselves; do better, get a bigger share.

That may sound fine in your head but nothing is that clear cut. Enormous amount flowing into the game from our Sky bills you mean. I'd have hoped with our own club's history or rank bad ownership you'd take a slightly more nuanced look at the effects of free market football.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 18:29:22 pm »

Let's hear some a proper critique of the football policies mentioned but save us the sub Daily Mail spiel, it's boring and also bollocks. Tories are no safe hands on the and economy never have been. They are nowhere near eliminating the deficit their pet project.

What they have delivered:

NHS Cuts
Social care crisis
Longest fall in value of wages since records began
NHS recruitment crisis
Huge rise in child poverty
Housing crisis
Public transport crisis
Biggest education cuts in decades
Huge leap in food bank dependency
Homelessness crisis
Local government defunding and council cuts
Police and fire cuts
Sweetheart tax deals
Election fraud
Rising inequality
The threat of the breakup of the UK following brexit.

And before you say the other classic Mail line of  'look what they inherited from Labour', the 2008 financial crisis was caused largely by the US sub prime fraud.

What proper little coiled spring you are...  Grin Grin

How on the earth did your myopic view arrive at the fact that I read the Daily mail, or that I am a Tory.

You're a classic big mouth, looking for a set of ears to listen to your shyte.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 18:35:14 pm »

That may sound fine in your head but nothing is that clear cut. Enormous amount flowing into the game from our Sky bills you mean. I'd have hoped with our own club's history or rank bad ownership you'd take a slightly more nuanced look at the effects of free market football.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean about where it's coming from. Money is money. And what on earth has the fact we've had a couple of crap chairmen got to do with Labour's proposed football policies? Unless I've missed something and they are also planning on nationalising all of our football clubs too..?
Report Spam   Logged

meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 18:35:54 pm »

Yes, that's exactly what I mean about where it's coming from. Money is money. And what on earth has the fact we've had a couple of crap chairmen got to do with Labour's proposed football policies? Unless I've missed something and they are also planning on nationalising all of our football clubs too..?

Now you're talking.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: