The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:44:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Labour manifesto football reforms

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Labour manifesto football reforms  (Read 5468 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 08:23:39 am »

The issue for us on this board is about the fair distribution throughout the EFL and beyond of football money, mainly earned by the sale of broadcasting rights.  That Labour are prepared to raise the issue is to its credit but whatever our politics may be no one really expects anything next month other than a substantial Tory victory. Therefore, nothing will change to alter football finances. 

My view is that this should not be a party political issue but a football issue.  The EFL seems weak and just happy to accept the crumbs offered by the Premier League & FA.  EFL clubs especially those in L1 & L2 will continue to struggle to be financially viable or be able to develop their grounds to modern standards of comfort and facilities. It's a sorry state of affairs.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 08:33:40 am »

Getting this back to football.

Several national teams have been banned by FIFA due to the 'government interference' with the national FA.
There have been several headlines over the past few years about the governement getting involved with reforming the FA if they dont do it themselves and now these proposals from labour.
Does any one know what level of interference is needed before FIFA get involved?

I would gladly accept a World Cup ban for a few years if it meant proper legislation and governance is brought in to our game.

It's not like England are going to win it is it?
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 08:46:20 am »

Corbyn's proposal is really nothing more than a soundbite.  Think about it, legislation is brought in to allow Trusts the opportunity to buy a club when it changes hands.  Implicit in this is that a Trust would have to match any other competing bid.  Just how many Trusts could raise the funds to this at any club in the 92?  I suspect just 2 or 3, if that.  And that just to buy the club.  Taking our own example, while the Trust was involved late on in the local consortium as a backup to KT's offer, it certainly did not have universal support primarily because fans were concerned about its ability to provide ongoing financial support beyond the act of rescue.   I also remember a good friend of mine and founder of Man Utd's first and still main fanzine, Red Issue, was involved in similar moves when JP Macmanus and Magnier tried to take control of United; the United fans couldn't mount a serious challenge because they couldn't agree amongst the different factions.    I'm sure Tom will cite Portsmouth and Wycombe, but the former will face bigger challenges and expectations in League One and I'm sure their fan wouldn't decline a bid from a wealthy bona fide backer, and Wycombe simply cannot find backers to drive them forward.  
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 08:49:59 am »

Corbyn's a breath of fresh air, his leadership is born out of a rejection of a new political class that now see's the Tories becoming the neo-liberal party post Blair. The so called Tory party which is meant to be the patriotic party wouldn't ever re-nationalise railways, which were invented in this country, they prefer to sell it all off.  The costs are nationalised through state subsidy's but the profits are privatised.  If you don't want to vote for Corbyn/Labour or their set of ideals, that's fine, but with policies like re-nationalising railways and energy the Labour party is regaining its purpose. 
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 08:54:11 am »

And of what relevance is this political statement of relevance to NTFC and its supporters?
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 08:58:30 am »

And of what relevance is this political statement of relevance to NTFC and its supporters?

An interjection of propaganda sponsored by Comrade Corbyn's party.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 09:04:07 am »

Corbyn  certainly is a breath of fresh air for the Conservatives.
With his outdated  thinking dating back to the 1940s.
The trains in this country are a lot better than that crap that was British Rail. Putting companies back into the Goverments hands ? Really ? How 20th century.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 09:15:55 am »

The trains in this country are a lot better than that crap that was British Rail. Putting companies back into the Goverments hands ? Really ? How 20th century.

It's massively union driven. They fund the Labour party, if the railways are renationalised they effectively end up negotiating with the Labour party over pay rises. You can hear that conversation now. "Oh, you don't want to pay that? Maybe we'll look at your funding. Oh, you WILL pay that? Jolly good."
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 09:22:58 am »

I reckon this discussion needs to go under "other footy/sport"....
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 09:25:25 am »

If British Rail was given the same subsidies that privatised operators had it would've been better in every sense. Instead it was ran at a loss for an excuse to privatise it. The current situation is that a lot of Britain's rail franchises are owned and operated by state owned companies in Europe (Germany, Holland), so we're subsequently funding the public transport of other countries. For example, Arriva Trains Wales is run by Arriva, part of Deutsche Bahn and owned by the German Federal Government. They made a profit of £13.6 million in 2012, and there are many more examples. I guess these are the benefits of the 21st Century. The profits from our railways go to make other railways in Europe cheaper, jolly good.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2017, 10:35:33 am »

If British Rail was given the same subsidies that privatised operators had it would've been better in every sense. Instead it was ran at a loss for an excuse to privatise it. The current situation is that a lot of Britain's rail franchises are owned and operated by state owned companies in Europe (Germany, Holland), so we're subsequently funding the public transport of other countries. For example, Arriva Trains Wales is run by Arriva, part of Deutsche Bahn and owned by the German Federal Government. They made a profit of £13.6 million in 2012, and there are many more examples. I guess these are the benefits of the 21st Century. The profits from our railways go to make other railways in Europe cheaper, jolly good.

I don't think this thread has a lot to do with NTFC ; by all means comment on Labours plan for Football. Unfortunately it merely gives those with political agendas to use it as a platform. Perhaps the Marquis can comment on the direction of this thread.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2017, 11:08:30 am »

It's massively union driven. They fund the Labour party, if the railways are renationalised they effectively end up negotiating with the Labour party over pay rises. You can hear that conversation now. "Oh, you don't want to pay that? Maybe we'll look at your funding. Oh, you WILL pay that? Jolly good."
So who do you think fund the Tories ? That might explain why lots of big business don't pay their fare share of tax, but don't get chased for it. If Corporate tax fraud was tackled we would have enough money to spend on Education and the NHS.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 12:22:37 pm »

So who do you think fund the Tories ? That might explain why lots of big business don't pay their fare share of tax, but don't get chased for it. If Corporate tax fraud was tackled we would have enough money to spend on Education and the NHS.
Now your talking Bollox, the NHS is a basket case over run by lazy good for nothing managers and trust directors earning a fortune compared to hard working doctors and nurses and who put them their Labour.
The sooner it's privatised the better, it's just not sustainable in its present form.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2017, 12:41:24 pm »

Now your talking Bollox, the NHS is a basket case over run by lazy good for nothing managers and trust directors earning a fortune compared to hard working doctors and nurses and who put them their Labour.
The sooner it's privatised the better, it's just not sustainable in its present form.

Completely agree. My wife works for the NHS and some of the waste and bureaucracy she describes is unbelievable, added to which the sheer volume of malingerers who are off on 6 months full pay, come back for a few days and then disappear off for another 6 months and HR can do nothing about it as they have no teeth whatsoever.

I've nothing but respect for the front line staff and the incredible work they do for little reward, the problem isn't with them, it's with the tiers of superfluous, overpaid and ineffectual management that guzzle up the funds that should be going towards the care of patients. It's critical that the NHS remains free at source to all, but it needs a good dose of privatisation to prune out all the deadwood that's dragging a great institution down.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 14:04:15 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2017, 13:22:06 pm »

Back of the Net,  my wife too works for the NHS.
Yes a lot of them are run incorrectly, the nurses ,doctors ere are excellent and I only have praise for them.
The NHS are not in a bad state considering the way it is run. It is state run and the state don't have the funds to run it, people don't want to pay more tax but the continue to want everything provided for them.
Biggest problem with the NHS is the people of this country who continuously abuse it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 13:45:48 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 13:42:30 pm »

I vote Labour because I'm working class, Conservative because I run a business, Green because I don't believe in nuclear weapons etc etc.  Good policies are good policies regardless of who provides them - don't knock them just because you don't like May, Corbyn, Farron etc. 

Genuine sit on the fence poster - good effort. Mind you anybody who votes green ....
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 14:01:24 pm »

I hope the photographer has got access to private care after what the Tory nobs are doing to the NHS.

That's  daft comment - you shud know better!
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 14:10:31 pm »

Back of the Net,  my wife too works for the NHS.
Yes a lot of them are run incorrectly, the nurses ,doctors ere are excellent and I only have praise for them.
The NHS are not in a bad state considering the way it is run. It is state run and the state don't have the funds to run it, people don't want to pay more tax but the continue to want everything provided for them.
Biggest problem with the NHS is the people of this country who continuously abuse it.

Again, I agree with all of that. For me, I think they need to franchise the running of services but cap any profits made as a percentage of budget, with any surplus reinvested in the service. Yes, some money would end up in people's pockets on this but the added corporate sensibilities that it would bring would get rid of many of the wasteful and inefficient practices currently in place and free up funds for where they are really needed, i.e. provision of front line services.
Report Spam   Logged

Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 19:56:46 pm »

Lock this thread ffs, we dont need politics on here
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 21:26:37 pm »

You're a classic big mouth, looking for a set of ears to listen to your shyte.  Grin

Just about the proper way to deal with this barrack room political genius
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: