The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 16:02:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Doom & Gloom Supporters

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom & Gloom Supporters  (Read 4694 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 06:25:35 am »

Now I get it, you have mistakenly arrived at the opinion that you are asking serious questions of the club.  Grin Grin Grin

This is a message board. You've gone and got it mixed up with walking 50 yards along the West stand concourse to chat to the bloke in charge, or simply emailing him.

Strangely enough, I believe with so many openly questioning and guessing as to what we can expect with all the important and unknown 'who, how,  and  what's  involved in the 'finishing off the East stand ' could in fact stopped any imminent  announcements.
Maybe their initial plans have been shown to be somewhat short of the minimum requirements of our club so, a possible rethink before showing plans?
As for marching down the centre of the West stand on matchdays to join a long queue of others being told individually  some positive news on our clubs much needed  development doesn't make much sense.. there are easier ways to communicate  any proposed plans..and plans is all they will be until they get built, which the clubs supporters  can appreciate,  may even be able to help push things along?
I suspect at this time nothing much is happening and will continue to do so.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 06:48:37 am »

I suspect at this time nothing much is happening and will continue to do so.

Wow. Really? Have you bothered to read any of this: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/cobblers-chairman-thomas-confident-of-moving-ahead-with-clarity-as-east-stand-development-agreement-is-made-1-7868344?
If so, can you grasp the complexity of the situation?
Do you really expect any meaningful update only two months after that was published?
And finally, do you really, honestly think that after the months and months of effort and expense that has clearly gone into unpicking this mess that Kelvin Thomas and partners are just going to be sitting back, putting their feet up and saying "Nah, sod it, I can't be arsed anymore"Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 07:46:15 am »

Wow. Really? Have you bothered to read any of this: http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/cobblers-chairman-thomas-confident-of-moving-ahead-with-clarity-as-east-stand-development-agreement-is-made-1-7868344?
Do you really expect any meaningful update only two months after that was published?
And finally, do you really, honestly think that after the months and months of effort and expense that has clearly gone into unpicking this mess that Kelvin Thomas and partners are just going to be sitting back, putting their feet up and saying "Nah, sod it, I can't be arsed anymore"Huh?
Lets for one moment forget THEIR legal wranglings etc... What is going to be built? what will the debt be to the club and will whats being done benefit the Cobblers to the maximum for the monies being loaned in its name?
For example if the cost is a £3.5m loan for 10 boxes only.. Im sure that'll go down badly when we continue losing money hand over fist and unable to grow stuck in a tiny ground NFFP..
I didn't read anything from that 2 month old statement that is of any interest to our club going forward.
Just some proposed ideas for discussion with the end users  would be nice after these last 12 years ...
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 08:31:24 am »

We don't know how the East Stand monies (said to be about £4 million if I recall correctly) available from the owners are going to be recorded. I accept that it is likely but not necessarily going to be by way of directors's loans but the chances are such loans would only ever be repaid on the successful sale of the club.

I sense from comments that there is a growing frustration at the lack of progress concerning the East Stand with it looking increasingly likely that nothing will have visibly happened at the start of next season.  The frustration is perhaps intensified by a very barren looking squad but it is early in the close season and, difficult as it may be, I suggest we exercise some patience on all fronts until we know the situation.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

Lets for one moment forget THEIR legal wranglings etc... What is going to be built? what will the debt be to the club and will whats being done benefit the Cobblers to the maximum for the monies being loaned in its name?
For example if the cost is a £3.5m loan for 10 boxes only.. Im sure that'll go down badly when we continue losing money hand over fist and unable to grow stuck in a tiny ground NFFP..
I didn't read anything from that 2 month old statement that is of any interest to our club going forward.
Just some proposed ideas for discussion with the end users  would be nice after these last 12 years ...

You don't think that perhaps the outcome and eventual overall cost of the protracted legal wranglings might have an impact on what size and shape the development actually takes? Better to under promise and over deliver than to promise the earth and then turn around and say, oh, sorry we can't afford that now so you'll be getting something smaller instead.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 09:34:56 am »

I don't doubt your intentions for one second. Although I do think you overstep the mark sometimes. Whether or not it is a wind up or not is totally irrelevant.

I just wish you would get the message. You are not keeping KT or anybody else at the club in check. You are sounding off on social media. You haven't asked one salient question yet, because they are not questions. In fact, I have asked more questions than you, and nobody on facebook or the Hotel end as seen my thoughts on it once.

KT is not responsible for the 12 years you and a few others have been indelibly marked by. He has virtually none of the advantages that DC had to hand. Unlike DC he does not conduct business in the limelight. He hasn't got that luxury. Put yourself in his shoes for one moment. Any sympathy that our club enjoyed from the authorities and people of Northampton has gone. Unlike DC, he hasn't got the luxury of building a vision, because with the exception of about 0.3 of the population of this county, we are seen has entitled @rseholes. KT is on a totally different playing field to the one DC had. He can't move an inch without significant reassurances to all and sundry.

He has worked minor miracles to get the sponsorship and endorsements he has at this club. All things that DC could just take for advantage, because they all thought we was going somewhere with DC's pie in the sky plans. Just imagine the uphill struggle it has been to attract anybody to the basket case that was NTFC.

He would never deny that the challenge we face is probably more daunting than he thought. But he was put in a position where due diligence was virtually bypassed to save us going into oblivion. Equally he would never (unlike DC) pretend that he loves us all and has suddenly fell in love with the town and NTFC. For him and the other investors this is purely a business transaction. Now... It will take longer than you me (and I do this everyday) and anybody likes. But we are safe. We have a reasonable league one club, looking at doing things with in the existing constraints, but hoping for a fair crack at the whip by the good grace of the powers that be. You and a few others owe him at least the courtesy of not judging him by what happened prior to his arrival. The main reason I say to meet him, is because I know it will surprise you. He won't try to make you like him, or feel sorry for him like DC used to with people. He will tell you how feasible yours and others thought are. Several times now, you have said you will cut him some slack. But up to now, you have reverted to type the moment you get uptight about a perceived lack of progress. I know what DC was like. I fought him tooth and nail. But KT is not DC.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:38:35 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 13:15:30 pm »

In short: You're too scared to send an email so stop being a f/cking helmet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 13:33:14 pm »

Beds would have thought that the Redev thread is more like it for you! Doesn't the thread title give a hint!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 14:27:28 pm »

Wasn't a lot of the title winning season done against the backdrop of the skeleton of an east stand and the imminent threat of liquidation, maybe financial stability and a four sided ground isn't congruent to a successful cobblers side, maybe beds has got it backwards ands it's time to rip out the seats in the east stand leaving it empty and lose another load of cash!.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 14:47:25 pm »

In short: You're too scared to send an email so stop being a f/cking helmet.

He might think that it jeopardise the possibility of gaining a contract in the rebuilding if he does?
I would have thought that it could have increased it?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 15:06:37 pm »

Yeah I heard the only thing stopping work recommencing was that they couldn't find a plasterer within 35 miles
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 15:52:00 pm »

Yeah I heard the only thing stopping work recommencing was that they couldn't find a plasterer within 35 miles

'decent plasterer'?
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 19:00:09 pm »

Not entirely sure that SEC post is a moan at the moaners. The real moaners are those who adapt a negative stance on players, the Manager and even the Chairman. Most of it is unjustified criticism, but once you get to know who they are then it is easy to ignore them.

Like calling Zak 'slow and cumbersome'?  Grin

I live near Bicester btw!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 19:46:52 pm »

Like calling Zak 'slow and cumbersome'?  Grin

I live near Bicester btw!

He is slow and cumbersome as in clumsy. Plus he was part time. Just a non sympathetic opinion. Don't let it get to you. He did score with a good header if that helps. What's with Bicester?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 19:48:34 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 20:15:16 pm »

Whats all this  mess and complexity you talk about? Could it be an over  exaggeration ? .. Cardoza and friends were up s*** creek and were chased out of town and then Kelvin and consortium saw an oppertunity and moved voluntarily into the void and had the good fortune to pick up the club on the cheap and are now working to get maximum profits for themselves... Its how it works .. And the way I see things, we remain a football club being kept just ticking over because there's some money to be made from it and the land it stands on... or is that too simplistic?

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 20:18:50 pm »

Shouldn't be a problem finding trades as they pay fully up front at Sixfields😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 20:31:56 pm »

Whats all this  mess and complexity you talk about? Could it be an over  exaggeration ? .. Cardoza and friends were up **** creek and were chased out of town and then Kelvin and consortium saw an oppertunity and moved voluntarily into the void and had the good fortune to pick up the club on the cheap and are now working to get maximum profits for themselves... Its how it works .. And the way I see things, we remain a football club being kept just ticking over because there's some money to be made from it and the land it stands on... or is that too simplistic?

you speak like we're still in mid table league 2. This ", standing still" you speak of... You are aware that we won the league last season and finished mid table in the league above this? I'll take that sort of standing still I reckon.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 22:32:58 pm »

you speak like we're still in mid table league 2. This ", standing still" you speak of... You are aware that we won the league last season and finished mid table in the league above this? I'll take that sort of standing still I reckon.
Fast forward 10 years.. Will we be left behind by our 6 nearest rivals?
 Leicester might be over the horizon but cov luton mk posh and oxford we need to compete with as equals and to do that will take more than reminiscing about our golden season last year and mid table ( pushing it a bit with that😉) finishes.
Maybe some more hot dog wagons in the fans village  will help?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 07:32:32 am »

Leicester might be over the horizon but cov luton mk posh and oxford we need to compete with as equals and to do that will take more than reminiscing about our golden season last year and mid table ( pushing it a bit with that😉) finishes.

The majority of us agree with your continual table banging about where we would like to be.
Your problem is that you are criticising the method(s) and the speed with which we are achieving it, without confirming the method(s) and the reasons for that delay.  
You are criticising what are your assumptions. If you were criticising facts you would have a lot more support to your campaign with that factual substance.
Go find the facts, you may find that you will either be satisfied with the progress in the circumstances or gain the support that you obviously crave.
Report Spam   Logged

guest170

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 07:37:24 am »

Coventry - horrendous few years of going backwards including various boycotts and having to move out of their stadium
Luton - Until the last couple of years have been playing in non league. Awful away end and tin pot hospitality. I quite like the stadium though weirdly
MK - Nice stadium, only finished because of the Rugby World Cup. Had a couple of good years but going backwards
Posh - Dont own their own stadium, had a good few years in the Championship but going backwards and losing money
Oxford - We have had the better of them over the last few seasons, although things do seem to be looking bright for them with a new buyer interested.
NTFC - Awful couple of seasons with previous owner but won the league by 13 points and consolidated in League 1 after being the only promoted team to lose their management team

We do need to improve and grow as a club, every club does, but I wouldnt swap positions with any of the teams you have listed.
Things aren't all bad at NTFC, although could be better
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: