The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 19:43:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JED, How long?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JED, How long?  (Read 4223 times)
EssTeeFree

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 09:39:01 am »

I think he was erong not to keep Smith.

Did Smith want to stay then?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2017, 14:39:02 pm »

Did Smith want to stay then?

OF that I don't know but he is a very good 'keeper
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2017, 14:45:27 pm »

OF that I don't know but he is a very good 'keeper

Agree with you there but I'm not sure he would have stayed. I'm sure I'd read the club had talked to him a few times about contracts but were never close to his demands.

I hope it doesn't become a stick to beat JED with when in reality it was probably out of his hands
Report Spam   Logged
Rach

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 15:02:53 pm »

I thought smith was an average league 1 keeper. I'm not fussed whether he stayed or went. Good shot stopper and one on ones, but does not command his box well enough for my liking. How many times did you see him claim the ball from a corner with authority like some of his predecessors have done. I think a premier league gk on season long loan is on his way to us. Although I hear Chris Dunn doesn't have a club at the moment!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2017, 15:15:31 pm »

I thought smith was an average league 1 keeper. I'm not fussed whether he stayed or went. Good shot stopper and one on ones, but does not command his box well enough for my liking. How many times did you see him claim the ball from a corner with authority like some of his predecessors have done. I think a premier league gk on season long loan is on his way to us. Although I hear Chris Dunn doesn't have a club at the moment!

Once again that is not the impression JED has given. He said an experienced goalkeeper had become available, or words to that effect. This may have fallen through, but he suggested experience above rookie.     
Report Spam   Logged
Rach

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2017, 15:27:06 pm »

I'm not saying we're about to sign him, but Luke McGee has league one experience and is a premier league player. For example
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2017, 16:32:13 pm »

I'm not saying we're about to sign him, but Luke McGee has league one experience and is a premier league player. For example

You actually said "I think a Premier League GK on season long loan is on his way to us"

That does sounds like you are saying we're about to sign one. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rach

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2017, 19:37:19 pm »

You actually said "I think a Premier League GK on season long loan is on his way to us"

That does sounds like you are saying we're about to sign one. 

*for example*
I was merely pointing out that there are 'rookie' keepers with experience in the prem.
Report Spam   Logged
bwills

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2017, 20:06:49 pm »

I think a premier league gk on season long loan is on his way to us.

While you are talking about young premiership gks , can anyone remember the name of the young lad we had from West Ham ? think it was the 1999-2000 season .
Whatever happened to him?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2017, 20:14:58 pm »

I think a premier league gk on season long loan is on his way to us.

While you are talking about young premiership gks , can anyone remember the name of the young lad we had from West Ham ? think it was the 1999-2000 season .
Whatever happened to him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_O%27Reilly
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
bwills

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2017, 20:55:49 pm »

Thank you
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2017, 09:10:28 am »

Justin Edinburgh has to prove himself with this fresh start - his team and his ideas. He's not a manager with great attacking intentions, he hasn't yet got what I'd call a balanced squad, he hasn't so far communicated effectively to his players how to play to his system - either that or they don't like it or understand it so they don't respond - it seems to me to leave big holes in midfield and also reduces good bye-line crosses that create goals. BUT best of luck to him, we need to back him and then if he screws up, well, there is a certain Jon Brady at the club who has a great footballing brain and a lot of decent lower-league contacts.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2017, 08:25:03 am »

Justin Edinburgh has to prove himself with this fresh start - his team and his ideas. He's not a manager with great attacking intentions, he hasn't yet got what I'd call a balanced squad, he hasn't so far communicated effectively to his players how to play to his system - either that or they don't like it or understand it so they don't respond - it seems to me to leave big holes in midfield and also reduces good bye-line crosses that create goals. BUT best of luck to him, we need to back him and then if he screws up, well, there is a certain Jon Brady at the club who has a great footballing brain and a lot of decent lower-league contacts.

Good post, blunt and to the point.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

I sometimes struggle with the relentless negativity from some posters on here. To be brutally honest, when JED was appointed I wasn't impressed. Of the names being bandied about at the time, he wouldn't even have been in my top 4 or 5 but it wasn't my choice, I could do nothing about it, once appointed the bloke needed to be given a chance so I decided to keep my own council on the matter. He's done ok so far, but it's still unfair to judge him as what we've seen on the pitch during his reign has been constrained by transfer limitations and the dross he inherited from Page.

It's a similar thing now. Until we've seen a few games we have no idea what formation JED is planning on, how he's going to use players, what inside information he has on their attributes or characters or indeed any way of knowing if he's building a good squad or if an individual player is a good signing or not. Some players are brilliant at some clubs but useless at others, either due to form, geography, personal problems, fitness, squad dynamics.... I remember being pleased we signed Leon Constantine and look how that turned out!

We all need to relax and enjoy some footballing downtime. Some signings might make us feel optimistic and some might raise an eyebrow, wondering what the hell is going on. But until we see how the squad works as a unit, there's no point getting wound up about the state of the team because they could be a very different proposition on the pitch to they are on paper, either for good or for bad.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2017, 10:00:02 am »

I sometimes struggle with the relentless negativity from some posters on here. To be brutally honest, when JED was appointed I wasn't impressed. Of the names being bandied about at the time, he wouldn't even have been in my top 4 or 5 but it wasn't my choice, I could do nothing about it, once appointed the bloke needed to be given a chance so I decided to keep my own council on the matter. He's done ok so far, but it's still unfair to judge him as what we've seen on the pitch during his reign has been constrained by transfer limitations and the dross he inherited from Page.

It's a similar thing now. Until we've seen a few games we have no idea what formation JED is planning on, how he's going to use players, what inside information he has on their attributes or characters or indeed any way of knowing if he's building a good squad or if an individual player is a good signing or not. Some players are brilliant at some clubs but useless at others, either due to form, geography, personal problems, fitness, squad dynamics.... I remember being pleased we signed Leon Constantine and look how that turned out!

We all need to relax and enjoy some footballing downtime. Some signings might make us feel optimistic and some might raise an eyebrow, wondering what the hell is going on. But until we see how the squad works as a unit, there's no point getting wound up about the state of the team because they could be a very different proposition on the pitch to they are on paper, either for good or for bad.

One of the best posts I've read in a long time. Well done BackOfTheNet very sensible view point and one I share.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2017, 11:02:24 am »

It was an excellent post until you said you were "....pleased we had signed Leon Constantine" then you lost it for me.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:58 pm »

It was an excellent post until you said you were "....pleased we had signed Leon Constantine" then you lost it for me.  Grin

What can I say? I was remembering how he was in that one good season he had for Southend!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: