The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 04:38:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NORTHAMPTON TOWN PART WITH 5USPORT

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NORTHAMPTON TOWN PART WITH 5USPORT  (Read 30307 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2017, 14:54:46 pm »

Well, whilst I would like to be positive and to be otherwise would by hypocritical by me since I have said larger investment is needed in the club I think a note of caution would be wise.  

We don't know anything of substance about the Chinese, how much is being invested in the club, how much was paid to KT & David Bower to acquire the reported 60% shareholding in the holding company (we will never know that figure but I assume KT & DB have made a handsome profit), what the plans are for the East Stand and the general infrastructure of the club, the playing side and so on. In fact, we know nothing.  Therefore, I hope the Trust directors have got their radar switched on and will be ready to ask the relevant questions.  
Report Spam   Logged
spqr

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2017, 15:00:20 pm »

Not much on the internet about them. 

One site says that they have about 7 employees.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 15:03:08 pm »

For what it is worth Vintage, I think they are the right sort of questions that need to be asked.

It is exciting and we should be cautiously optimistic, equally we shouldn't lose sight of the Cardoza era along with remembering the foreign owners that have come in and ruined numerous clubs.

The statement was well worded and sounds great - now we need some hard information.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 15:07:10 pm »

Is that 60% of the club overall or 60% of the holding company that owns most of the shares?  As I believe there are still a number of other shareholders outside of 'Northampton Town Ventures Limited' who own small percentages of the club.  If it's only 60% of NTVL then what does that equat to in terms of the otherall ownership of the club?
Its 60% of NTVL according to the interview with KT
I would guess that NTVL own 85% as 60% of that would give them 51% and the majority. Complete guess though. Further guess is they will buy out the other 15% before completely buying out NTVL within a few years.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 15:09:55 pm »

Its 60% of NTVL according to the interview with KT
I would guess that NTVL own 85% as 60% of that would give them 51% and the majority. Complete guess though. Further guess is they will buy out the other 15% before completely buying out NTVL within a few years.

Thanks, I've just watched KTs interview and wasn't about to write that it looks like 60% of NTVL.  Would be interesting to know if this does take them to the magic 51% number.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2017, 15:12:13 pm »

Probably the same person who brought Oxford United fc up in this thread for no reason at all.
Oh go on then. What are the Trust doing about this?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2017, 15:13:16 pm »

Agree Alistair Slowe. The right questions need to be asked and full answers obtained. All is very vague so far. I remain optimistic that KT has done a good deal for the club and not just himself and David Bower but the proof of the pudding etc. etc. Remember Leyton Orient and others such as Notts County.
Report Spam   Logged
Onetouch

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 15:20:54 pm »

I think the fact KT is staying as Chairman speaks volumes - If he was just after the money he would run wouldnt he?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2017, 15:22:31 pm »

I think the fact KT is staying as Chairman speaks volumes - If he was just after the money he would run wouldnt he?

Yes I think that is one definite huge plus.

I guess the concern could be if 5USport are the majority shareholder they can gradually flex their muscle and do what they want.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2017, 15:23:42 pm »

Thanks, I've just watched KTs interview and wasn't about to write that it looks like 60% of NTVL.  Would be interesting to know if this does take them to the magic 51% number.

I thought 3 was the magic number?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
teletext

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2017, 15:31:55 pm »

Just looking at companies house as at the last return, July 2016, there appears to be 2,779,807 voting shares in the club of which NTVL own 2,102,958 = 75.65% of NTFC.

If 5USport have purchased 60% of NTVL they would own 45.39% of NTFC voting shares.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 15:32:13 pm »

It is significant & good news that KT is staying on as Chairman. For how long may be another question to raise?   I think it is fair to comment that there is a worrying lack of detail behind today's announcement. We have, in effect, new owners and we know nothing abut them of importance and nothing about the plans for the club going forward.  We need this to make any assessment of the new situation.  
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 15:48:25 pm »

I think it is fair to say that we're all treading carefully with this one while being hopeful it brings a brighter future.

Words are cheap obviously but I like the fact it has all been fairly low key and they have talked about steady investment, steady progression. If you look back at a lot of these takeovers that have gone south quickly they often start with a bang and bold statements about Promotions and the Premier League etc.

As I said earlier, cautiously optimistic, time will tell I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 15:57:15 pm »

Just looking at companies house as at the last return, July 2016, there appears to be 2,779,807 voting shares in the club of which NTVL own 2,102,958 = 75.65% of NTFC.

If 5USport have purchased 60% of NTVL they would own 45.39% of NTFC voting shares.

Interesting, so nothing to worry about as long as KT and 5USport get along.
Report Spam   Logged
Rach

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2017, 15:59:18 pm »

Up to 7-1 for promotion now! Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2017, 16:00:10 pm »

I understand the caution when people say we know next to nothing about them, but isn't that just part of the negotiations necessarily being secret? For myself, for now I'm content with the little bit of hope this has given me that we will not spend the next few years bouncing between leagues 1 and 2. Glass half full!
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2017, 16:02:38 pm »

Re the breakdown of shares, I'm not sure it works like that.

They now own the majority of shares in NTVL who in turn own the majority of shares in NTFC, however you spin it they are the main player at the club now.

Unless I completely misunderstand it the shares that NTVL own in NTFC can only be attributed to NTVL not divided up amongst their shareholders. So they don't directly own any shares in NTFC but as stated they own the majority of shares in it's majority shareholder.

In essence is doesn't matter if that equates to 30% or 75% of NTFC they are in pole position to influence the decisions made.
Report Spam   Logged
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 16:04:43 pm »

I'm quite happy for us in the short term to establish ourselves as a L1 club, with an increased budget i'm sure this will be possible.

Our infrastructure isn't good enough to sustain the next level unless we are going to be bankrolled to the Premier League like a Bournemouth. Hopefully as the ground and infrastructure of the club improve we will have an increased playing budget to match.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 16:23:32 pm »

I'm quite happy for us in the short term to establish ourselves as a L1 club, with an increased budget i'm sure this will be possible.

Our infrastructure isn't good enough to sustain the next level unless we are going to be bankrolled to the Premier League like a Bournemouth. Hopefully as the ground and infrastructure of the club improve we will have an increased playing budget to match.

That opens up a whole new line.......say we were to "do a Bournemouth", would the majority be pleased with that? I know its one thing to be playing in the Prem, attracting high earners like Wilshere, paying big money for signings. The flip side is £32 cheapest admission tickets, £550 cheapest season tickets (for only 19 home games instead of our 23) and so on.

For a little club to make it that high it must be a shock to the system for the fans who've just been used to lower league struggles......or do those fans get left behind and priced out as a new batch of glory hunters come along to claim the rich pickings?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 16:37:06 pm »

A fair point, GPC.  We would need to know how Bournemouth fans feel to know the answer. Or maybe more clubs should follow the splendid example of Huddersfield in rewarding loyalty. 

Until today my take was that there was more danger over the coming 2-3 seasons of us being relegated back to League 2 than being promoted to the Championship.  Today's news may raise hopes for a better future but until we know more it is impossible to comment in any depth.  I would only add that a town with Northampton's population size and catchment area should be higher up the EFL ladder. We all know the underlying reasons we have have not done better.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: