The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 00:27:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NORTHAMPTON TOWN PART WITH 5USPORT

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NORTHAMPTON TOWN PART WITH 5USPORT  (Read 30343 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #440 on: April 04, 2018, 12:33:15 pm »

The response or lack of it from many of our fan base in response to the "we want answers" protest should have told people all they needed to know.

Most fans are happy bimbling along in a bubble until the club bumps in to the next crisis. The 5USPORT scenario will have barely registered on the minds of the majority of our fans.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 04, 2018, 12:48:58 pm »

Some of the lack of response to that though was due to ignorance (not in an insulting way) not just indifference.

Not every Cobblers fan uses this site or social media. Combine that with the downfall of the Chron and there will be a fair few fans that get their Cobblers info from the club.

Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #442 on: April 04, 2018, 14:50:26 pm »

The response or lack of it from many of our fan base in response to the "we want answers" protest should have told people all they needed to know.

Most fans are happy bimbling along in a bubble until the club bumps in to the next crisis. The 5USPORT scenario will have barely registered on the minds of the majority of our fans.
Understand what you're saying Clarkey but lets be honest, what did 5USPORT actually do for the club, how much did they invest? Did they ever do a press conference? Like others posters have said most people who don't come on here it won't have registered with them. Not having a go at you mate but to me their time here was very strange to say least. As others have said smoke & mirrors!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #443 on: April 04, 2018, 14:54:19 pm »

...and where has it got them?

So because it hasn't worked for someone else it wouldn't work for us? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2018, 15:04:22 pm »

So because it hasn't worked for someone else it wouldn't work for us? Roll Eyes

Maybe / maybe not but when the discussion goes this way the other clubs cited as being examples we should follow are usually playing at the same level as us.

If it is all as clear cut as it is sometimes made out wouldn't it be better to provide example of clubs it has worked for?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2018, 15:50:24 pm »

It got two of them into the championship for a start.
For success see any number of 30 plus club in premiership and championship

Trouble is if I start using them you say u can’t compare us to Cardiff or Everton for  example

The point for NTFC is that we are starting from such as low base with Sixfields and as we don’t have any major big clubs on our doorstep, it really should not be any debate on if we should develop and improve

I don’t suppose much will change until we are threatened with non league or liquidation as most fans are really not bothered about off the pitch. For some reason they don’t care or don’t seem to understand how much off the pitch affects on the pitch.

Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2018, 21:23:03 pm »

Maybe / maybe not but when the discussion goes this way the other clubs cited as being examples we should follow are usually playing at the same level as us.

If it is all as clear cut as it is sometimes made out wouldn't it be better to provide example of clubs it has worked for?

This was exactly my point. Didn’t really think it needed spelling out!

As for getting two of them to the Champ, the consistent argument on here has been that better infrastructure would see us playing consistently at a higher level. It’s not been borne out for any of the examples given.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t help an awful lot, I think it would, just that it isn’t a magic wand.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2018, 21:42:52 pm »

Trouble is if I start using them you say u can’t compare us to Cardiff or Everton for  example

The point for NTFC is that we are starting from such as low base with Sixfields and as we don’t have any major big clubs on our doorstep, it really should not be any debate on if we should develop and improve

I don’t suppose much will change until we are threatened with non league or liquidation as most fans are really not bothered about off the pitch. For some reason they don’t care or don’t seem to understand how much off the pitch affects on the pitch.

And then relegated back to the same League as us, maybe even with their infrastructure championship was not sustainable?

Not at all, if there examples we should follow that succeeded I don’t see why you wouldn’t use them to support your argument. Yes using Everton as an example would be laughable, however Cardiff are probably a good example, I think they grew steadily before being sold to a single investor. Who else is there? How did they do it? What can we learn? I’m sure most people are open to that debate.

I said on another thread that I do believe that for a majority of our fan base they will judge the club in what happens on the pitch. That’s not to say they don’t care about the off-pitch stuff, anything that supports the team will be supported I’m sure. I don’t think there are any fans out there that actively want us to not develop and improve the ground/our facilities. However I do think a large % don’t see how that will happen without someone like KT putting the money up to do it, whatever their motives might be.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 05, 2018, 08:14:53 am »

I bet MK thought this. Even bigger catchment area and even further away from other sides. Built a better stadium with better facilities than we could ever want. What's going wrong there?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #449 on: April 05, 2018, 08:45:57 am »

I bet MK thought this. Even bigger catchment area and even further away from other sides. Built a better stadium with better facilities than we could ever want. What's going wrong there?
Totally different thing, they are a very new concept that have vast amount of london club supporters based there.
But in 20 odd years they have moved into one of the country's best stadiums, established themselves as a league club, won 2 promotions and the football league trophy. They always average more home gate than can be accomodated at the 120 year old Northampton towns little ground.. yes they HOPEFULLY  will be relegated this season but you wouldn't back against them bouncing back at first attempt..
We need to copy the positives from the likes of mk not use a
 progressive clubs set backs as a reason to stand still.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: