The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:48:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What do we need most ?

Poll
Question: If you were Sammo and bringing in ONE new player , what would it be ?  (Voting closed: February 02, 2011, 18:08:57 pm)
Centre back - 18 (43.9%)
Box to box midfielder - 5 (12.2%)
Attacking midfielder - 9 (22%)
Target man - 9 (22%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do we need most ?  (Read 2260 times)
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 15:11:27 pm »

You can't compare amounts as we got Harrad on the cheap because he was soon to be out of contract. I bet his wages easily make him more expensive than Kirk.

So it's ok to use him as an example to say how much backing Sammo has received, but when someone suggests another example from another manager there's a load of technicalities Grin
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 15:14:01 pm »

I'm not having a go at anyone here, but overall I think many of the comments are too bleak. The club has nailed its intentions to the mast and has backed those intentions with money, plus a lot of hard work to track down players who fit many of the spaces where weakness has been identified. Why is Sammo still getting a bad press? Cardoza has backed him where it matters, well done him, but in the end it hasn't been Cardoza tracking down players like Harrad, Laurent, Walker (Josh not Paul), Built, as well as re-signing Jacobs on a longer contract and getting Tozer to the end of the season (and don't forget the terrible luck with Purcell) - those players have been tracked and secured due to the efforts of Sampson, Crosby and others involved in assessing players. I think their intent and success needs to be recognised. When everyone was saying the Harrad deal was a dead duck, they really went for it. Fantastic work. Now, of course, we all hope it'll come together as we want, and in the end the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, nothing is certain. But for now, credit where it is due, let's get behind them.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 15:22:27 pm »

So it's ok to use him as an example to say how much backing Sammo has received, but when someone suggests another example from another manager there's a load of technicalities Grin

I have no idea as to what you are refering to?   Huh?

Your point?
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 15:25:09 pm »

I have no idea as to what you are refering to?   Huh?

Your point?

Moving the goalposts again.

You're claiming that only Wilkinson has had the same level of backing as Sampson. Calderwood had a s***load of money to spend and when this was pointed out by others, you're coming up with these excuses as to why they arent comparable.

Keep going though
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 15:32:31 pm »

Moving the goalposts again.

You're claiming that only Wilkinson has had the same level of backing as Sampson. Calderwood had a sh*tload of money to spend and when this was pointed out by others, you're coming up with these excuses as to why they arent comparable.

Keep going though

I'm going to. What you've said above is dross. Calderwood had a large budget but he never had backing like this in the January transfer window ON TOP of what he had spent in the summer. The best he got was loanees to fill in when injuries and suspensions took their toll.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 15:35:21 pm »

You can't compare amounts as we got Harrad on the cheap because he was soon to be out of contract. I bet his wages easily make him more expensive than Kirk.

But nevermind that, how's this for backing your manager. You allow him to sign Purcell and when he is injured you allow him to sign Mckenzie, a striker with real pedigree who certainly wouldn't be cheap. Now to top it all you give him more rope to bring in Harrad, not to mention Laurent and Walker. I don't think anybody could possibly claim that Sammo hasn't been backed by the Chairman!

McKensie was only brought in using finance's on the back of our league cup run, which was masterminded by one Ian Sampson.

Yes sammo is NOW being backed with some cash and it's about blooding time!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 15:38:23 pm »

McKensie was only brought in using finance's on the back of our league cup run, which was masterminded by one Ian Sampson.

Yes sammo is NOW being backed with some cash and it's about blooding time!

"Masterminded".  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're f***ing hilarious mate.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 15:39:37 pm »

I'm going to. What you've said above is dross. Calderwood had a large budget but he never had backing like this in the January transfer window ON TOP of what he had spent in the summer. The best he got was loanees to fill in when injuries and suspensions took their toll.

utter rubbish, what did sammo have to spend in the summer? oh yeah -250K wasn't it!?

it'd bet that colderwood playing budgets were a lot more than what sammo's was at the start of this season
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 15:44:27 pm »

utter rubbish, what did sammo have to spend in the summer? oh yeah -250K wasn't it!?

it'd bet that colderwood playing budgets were a lot more than what sammo's was at the start of this season

Of course they were, I think we all know that, the budget has been cut several times since those heady days.  Roll Eyes

I'm talking about a chairman backing his man MIDTERM and without doubt the Chairman has done this. If he had done the same with Stuart Gray two years ago we almost certainly wouldn't have been relegated!
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 15:45:43 pm »

"Masterminded".  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're f***ing hilarious mate.  Grin

So if we're s*** sammo takes the blame but when we have possible the greatest victory in our history he's not allowed to taken credit!!!!

Why do to dislike sammo the manager so much when we all know you loved sammo the player!?  did he blank you once when you asked him for an autograph   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 15:48:43 pm »

Of course they were, I think we all know that, the budget has been cut several times since those heady days.  Roll Eyes

I'm talking about a chairman backing his man MIDTERM and without doubt the Chairman has done this. If he had done the same with Stuart Gray two years ago we almost certainly wouldn't have been relegated!

You have finally said something sensible, completely agree.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:08:44 am by nathan r » Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 15:49:32 pm »

Some decent threads.......

No matter what the title is, every thread deteriorates into the same bulls***.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
Marvo

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 15:50:01 pm »

So if we're sh*t sammo takes the blame but when we have possible the greatest victory in our history he's not allowed to taken credit!!!!

Why do to dislike sammo the manager so much when we all know you loved sammo the player!?  did he blank you once when you asked him for an autograph   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Hey, I don't dislike Sammo, I dislike being 17th in f***ing League 2. That's his responsibilty. When we now go on a glorious run that takes us into the play-offs I'll be applauding just as loudly as anyone else.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011, 15:51:32 pm »

No matter what the title is, every thread deteriorates into the same bullsh*t.

and that post certainly raised the standard.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for your contribution.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 15:52:46 pm »

Hey, I don't dislike Sammo, I dislike being 17th in f***ing League 2. That's his responsibilty. When we now go on a glorious run that takes us into the play-offs I'll be applauding just as loudly as anyone else.

cool stop being such a grump old man then and start looking forward to the play off's  Grin
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 15:56:30 pm by nathan r » Report Spam   Logged
Son Of Geoff

Old T*ts

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 15:54:47 pm »

and that post certainly raised the standard.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for your contribution.

No problem. Sorry if it interrupted you arguing with children.
Report Spam   Logged

Don't. Talk. Sh*te. Twice.
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 15:55:17 pm »

So if we're sh*t sammo takes the blame but when we have possible the greatest victory in our history he's not allowed to taken credit!!!!

I totally agree the two goals in that match cam from assists from Kevin Thornton and Courtney Herbert two players who Sammo has signed
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
Marvo

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2011, 15:56:43 pm »

I totally agree the two goals in that match cam from assists from Kevin Thornton and Courtney Herbert two players who Sammo has signed

You're right. Whatever happened to them?
Report Spam   Logged
towcestercobbler

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2011, 16:00:31 pm »

You're right. Whatever happened to them?

Well KT is currently injured with a hamstring problem and Courtney Herbert in Sh*te
Report Spam   Logged

Okay, I give up. I don't want to be part of this anymore.
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 15:06:48 pm »

A Welder   Grin

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2280786,00.html
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: