The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 17:25:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Derby County FC

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Derby County FC  (Read 9010 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2017, 20:11:37 pm »

Waters looks exactly like Sam Hoskins to me
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2017, 20:13:33 pm »

I like the look of Billy Waters, he looks lively. Not sure how many goals he has in him but his persistence may create a few for us
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2017, 20:15:45 pm »

Derby clearly need to work on their set pieces, and finishing. They should have scored loads by now.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2017, 20:15:55 pm »

The midfield three has been totally annonymous today. The centre back look solid enough, shame there's no finesse though and it goes long everytime (unlike say Diamond who was excellent with his distribution).
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2017, 20:17:11 pm »

And Nugent clears the South stand roof. Point proven.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
vietnamcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2017, 20:18:17 pm »

very disappointing midfield performance so far in this half, why can't we put our foot on the ball and put some passes together?!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2017, 20:19:42 pm »

Lobjoit looks like a little boy lost, doesn't he? I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I can't see that particular gamblè paying off. I'd rather see Iacofano given a chance.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2017, 20:24:56 pm »

Lobjoit looks like a little boy lost, doesn't he?
I was just thinking that. I was looking forward to see him play, but I dont think hes touched the ball yet.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2017, 20:28:25 pm »

Lobjoit looks like a little boy lost, doesn't he? I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I can't see that particular gamblè paying off. I'd rather see Iacofano given a chance.

Would like to see him play up front and see how he does, certainly not a midfielder.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2017, 20:32:37 pm »

Waters looks a real find
Report Spam   Logged

Razor

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2017, 20:35:05 pm »

Excellent coverage from Rams TV.

Very impressed with Ash Taylor and Billy Waters.

Not sure why Lobjoit was playing so deep.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2017, 20:37:14 pm »

I seriously haven't got a fcking clue who our players are
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2017, 20:37:41 pm »

Would like to see him play up front and see how he does, certainly not a midfielder.

Same. We signed him claiming he's been played out of position all his professional career... now he's been played left wing or no. 10  Huh?

Taylor looked real good tonight... definitely the big positive. Crooks also looked good considering it's his first friendly.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2017, 20:39:11 pm »

1-0 FT

Good first half little disjointed second half. One or 2 players need to step it up and less of the hoofball.

Midfield needs to be worked on and when Hoskins is fit he and Waters will be great I reckon.

Nice to get the W.

Report Spam   Logged

OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2017, 20:40:13 pm »

If Leon Lobjoit managed to score a staggering 62 goals last season for Buckingham Town, in my book that makes him a striker. So why is JED playing him in midfield? Why try and convert him? Surely it was his goals and front play that caught the eye of Ntfc. I'd like to see him play as a centre forward.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2017, 20:40:51 pm »

Generally a good run out.
Defence looks like its coming along nicely, more game time and better understanding will come but looks ok.
Waters impressive, a player who puts defenders under pressure in League 1 is a good thing, agree looks like Hoskins.

Midfield was lacking but a few out through injury or lack of fitness and against a good championship team.

Agree Lobjoit looked lost and caught a few times, possibly will come with experience but not sure we can afford that luxury, half season loan to a L2 club maybe would be a good option
Report Spam   Logged
vietnamcobbler

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2017, 20:43:12 pm »

A good test defensively for the lads today. With all due respect - Taylor, Pierre, Barnett & Poole look a definitive upgrade on last season.

Positives for me today was the obvious class of Waters & Crooks which will show more against league 1 opposition.

Really need that attacking flair player who can make things happen, let's hope we can get someone in before next Saturday.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2017, 20:44:20 pm »

LL ain't gonna make it looked way out of his depth, lumping the ball forward to the smallest player on the pitch is fcuking awful to watch, Waters looks excellent as does Ash Taylor.
We desperately need a decent number 10 and a goalkeeper then all we have to do is start to pass it to each other.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
just.reading

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2017, 20:45:44 pm »

Generally a good run out.
Defence looks like its coming along nicely, more game time and better understanding will come but looks ok.

Agree, except for the huge gaps between the centre backs and the wing backs. Far too many passes got threaded through the gap into acres of space for the opposition wingers to exploit. Either the two CMs need to cover the gaps or the wing backs need to drop back more when we don't have the ball.

Thought Barnett looked very good. Pierre looks like a calamity waiting to happen! Very rash, reminds me of Bailly for Man Utd.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2017, 20:49:03 pm »

Thought all the centre backs looked good. Buchanan & Matty Taylor looked fit and up for it. Waters impressive, Powell good at times. Still would like to see more width in the final third but don't think we're going to get that under Edinburgh
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: