The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:19:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Taming The Shrews

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taming The Shrews  (Read 17503 times)
Blackadder

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #200 on: August 05, 2017, 16:27:52 pm »

Out of interest what was the tweak when Kasim came on? All changes seemed like for like looking from afar

Absolutely this, well done all

It was like for like but Kasim far fitter and stronger than Taylor who could have been subbed off after 10 minutes without complaint.

Tactics all wrong, they did us time and time down the wings, we barely had a chance against the relegation favourites.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2017, 16:30:36 pm »

That was shocking, inept, clueless, unambitious, naive, boring, shapeless tosh. I have been ambivalent about Edinburgh, but now believe he won't last 10 games.
Report Spam   Logged
guest143

« Reply #202 on: August 05, 2017, 16:32:26 pm »

I am disappointed as anyone. JED's utterly ridiculous.
I concur. In all seriousness, the problem arises when what you expect to happens does so. Not losing, but fielding two lightweights and playing the first half with what looks like defence and attack, but no midfield. He can have more time, but there's enough quality to make more logical decisions on his behalf.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #203 on: August 05, 2017, 16:32:34 pm »

JED thought we were value for a point.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 05, 2017, 16:39:03 pm »

Proof that he must be a sandwich short of a picnic.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2017, 16:42:08 pm »

It was like for like but Kasim far fitter and stronger than Taylor who could have been subbed off after 10 minutes without complaint

I see, cheers.

I concur. In all seriousness, the problem arises when what you expect to happens does so.

This has been my problem with JED from the start to be honest. If us humble fans can foresee the problems he surely can. He seems to play systems and somehow manage to negate their strength and amplify the weaknesses. For example the diamond should, at the very lest dominate the centre of the park but so many times last season teams had loads of space against us.

Damn, I was going to try and be optimistic....it's early days right?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 05, 2017, 16:52:12 pm »

What he actually said was defensively we were value for a point
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 05, 2017, 16:59:28 pm »

You misheard him - he said "We were value for a pint".
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2017, 17:02:32 pm »

Neither side really merited 3 points but Salop were slightly more enterprising. Defence played well but ball out of defence was poor . The real problem was the 3 midfielders with Taylor and Bowditch pretty awful. Crooks showed some class but was heavily tackled. Would say we have problems in Midfield based on this performance. Luckily we have JJOT and McW to return. On this basis our two wing backs are not good enough with Buch out paced and out thought also too small.
Richards was useless and played as if it was a friendly. Needs replacing PDQ. Waters ran around and was surprised heas subbed. Should have been Rico. Cornell ok. Powell was he playing second half?
Nothing wrong with the system, just the players who simply did not perform. The sooner we get the injured back the better.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2017, 17:05:02 pm »

What he actually said was defensively we were value for a point

Which is correct
Where you there Irchy? If not please get at least yr comments correct!
Report Spam   Logged

corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #210 on: August 05, 2017, 17:12:15 pm »

Must have watched a different game.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 05, 2017, 17:12:24 pm »

I get it - we were crap but the knee-jerk reaction of some posters who are seasoned supporters and should know better is crazy.  I am not an apologist for JED, far from it, but let's see how things go over, say, 10 or so games before calling the taxi.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2017, 17:14:56 pm »

Which is correct
Where you there Irchy? If not please get at least yr comments correct!

I wasn't there for the interview sir, I'd left the ground by then sir - alright with you sir?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2017, 17:18:05 pm »

I wasn't there for the interview sir, I'd left the ground by then sir - alright with you sir?

Plus it's a direct quote from the official twitter feed if you can be bothered to take a look, not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2017, 17:20:44 pm »

So how do you know what JE said?
Glad you were there!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3063

« Reply #215 on: August 05, 2017, 17:20:54 pm »

I get it - we were crap but the knee-jerk reaction of some posters who are seasoned supporters and should know better is crazy.  I am not an apologist for JED, far from it, but let's see how things go over, say, 10 or so games before calling the taxi.

Spot on.

We have this every season. Lose a game and its panic stations, win and how long before we win the league. Sheffield united struggled for 5 games last season, but could someone remind me where they finished at the end of the season.

We will lose games, get over it people.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 05, 2017, 17:23:59 pm »

Spot on.

We have this every season. Lose a game and its panic stations, win and how long before we win the league. Sheffield united struggled for 5 games last season, but could someone remind me where they finished at the end of the season.

We will lose games, get over it people.
Blkburn calling for Mowbrays head!
Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 05, 2017, 17:24:59 pm »

So how do you know what JE said?
Glad you were there!

A magical invention called the internet and access to the official twitter feed.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #218 on: August 05, 2017, 17:45:26 pm »

OMG that was truly awful......Matty Taylor that performance was truly embarrassing, legs have completely gone now, made a massive difference when Kassim came on.
All in all we couldn't put 2 passes together, hoofing the ball forward to Rico is not a strategy that is going to win football matches.
Fleetwood next week can't see anything there, it's going to crank the pressure on JED big time.
As I have foreseen he will be gone before Xmas
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2017, 17:48:15 pm »

Love it......people slag off people for giving their opinion every game!

Same every season....manager should be sacked, give them more time to gel, give him 5/10/15 games. give him till the end of the window, till the end of the next window and so on and so on!!

I wasn't there today but 0-1 against the Shrews is a disappointing result whichever way you look at it. 0 shots on target either despite starting with 3 strikers on the pitch and another 3 on the bench.

Comments such as we bypassed the midfield....yet still had 0 shots on target?

Too many changes too quickly?

Oh well, onwards and upwards!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: