The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 07:39:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Will JED be given time?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will JED be given time?  (Read 2853 times)
wrigleys

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2017, 08:42:54 am »

The story of 2017/8 will not be JE but the abject failure and resulting post mortem of the Chinese 'investment.'

Call me negative but if 5usport came knocking on the door to invest in one of my businesses I would tell them to do one. Just too many weird aspects about them.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2017, 08:46:07 am »

You need to expand on your views Wrigley to gain any credibility.  I for one would rather have 5USport financial backing than money from the likes of the Cardozas.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2017, 08:52:39 am »

Vintage, where I am coming from is the fact that JED has always been a manager at small clubs with equally small budgets, we now have a very decent budget and all the things Gillingham fans said about his bizarre training methods and poor formations seem to be coming true hear, the fact that this thread even exists is testament that the performances are really not great!!
For the record I hope JED makes a great start and no I wouldn't give him a new three year contract if he did.
UTC

Agree with all of this.

Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2017, 09:03:40 am »

You need to expand on your views Wrigley to gain any credibility.  I for one would rather have 5USport financial backing than money from the likes of the Cardozas.

Agreed, and I hope it all works well. But I just have a nagging doubt that we are being slightly, almost imperceptibly, fcked. Some of us are enjoying it, even calling 5usport our boyfriend. Eventually though we will be fcked harder and harder until there is so much blood and spunk sloshing around we won't know what way round our backside is meant to be.
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2017, 09:10:35 am »

This season reminds me of Cardozas first season and Wilkinson didn't last too long into that one did he? Apart from his "yeah no" answesr to interviews I acyually think JED is a kind of cockney version of Wilder, seems to tell it like it is. However he has a lot of different pressure on him now with all these signings.
How trigger happy 5us are we will maybe find out between now and xmas
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2017, 09:11:12 am »

The simple reality, Wrigley, is that we don't know.  I have no grounds to think we will be taken to the cleaners and until there is evidence of problems then we need to remain open minded and welcoming.  I am cautious about the Chinese investment but that is because we know little or nothing about it. I hope that will change starting with this week's Open Forum.  I think it is important that Kelvin Thomas, having introduced 5USport to NTFC and in so doing has probably recovered all or a large part of his original investment, stays with the club for the period of this venture.  
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »

It took me a long time to warm to Wilder; the rest as they see is history!

Stourbridge was the point in time where I wanted Page out at all costs. I kept telling myself that following Wilder was a poisoned chalice, that Page needed to be trusted to get it right and that Wilder did many odd things during his first full season in charge. But that all changed after travelling to Stourbridge (twice!), Im still staggered that KT kept him on for another month after that game and that there were supporters who still wanted him to stay on.

With regards to JED, I think we all have to erase last season from our memory and start afresh. He helped drag the team to a few decent results early doors before injuries, disenchanted players (obvious) and loanees going back helped create a losing and hostile environment in the run in. Those of us who travelled to Bury saw a performance that only offered one positive…McWilliams. The season couldn't end quick enough.

Providing we can avoid a disastrous start, and providing he plays players in their correct positions, doesn't start a game with Rico and Revell up top together and doesn't play John Joe on the wing (!) then all will be fine. Im sure. But football managers have a strange habit of doing weird things that make absolutely zero sense to anybody else with working eyes. Graham Taylor built an England team around Carlton Palmer. I will never forget Page making a substitution in the 2nd minute of the 3 minutes added on at Stourbridge, wasting 30 seconds of the last 90 seconds when he should have been throwing the goalkeeper up top!

Personally, I like JED and wanted him to be our manager prior to Wilders appointment. Nothings changed since then. He had a ropey spell at Gillingham for 6 months but the previous 10 years or so of his management career was an upward trajectory. With the squad he's assembled Im quietly confident that we will do just fine.

The penultimate paragraph of my post on the eve of the season says it all.

Football managers eh?! They never fail to surprise us 'mere fans' do they!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: