The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:18:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Mail on Sunday

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mail on Sunday  (Read 3055 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2017, 17:37:05 pm »

That's a fine yardstick to use  - Noel Gallagher, wow pure genius Roll Eyes

Oh, I don't know. I've just found the exact quote and I think it's genuinely refreshing:

I see politicians on TV every night telling us that this is a **** momentous decision that could **** change Britain forever and blah, blah, blah. It’s like, okay, why don’t you **** do what we pay you to do which is run the **** country and make your **** mind up....What are you asking the people for? 99 percent of the people are thick as pig ****.

Sounds about right to me. Cameron made a huge mistake in promising a referendum just to prevent a few numpties jumping ship to UKIP during the general election.

Oh, and while we're putting the world to rights, I have to agree with the general concensus on Corbyn - I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and idealism is always nice in a politician but it needs to be backed up with a healthy dose of reality, something he seems to have a tenuous relationship with. I think a lot of his success was down to appealing to the younger voters who thought they'd be getting everything for nothing if he won.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 17:39:49 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest47

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2017, 17:37:39 pm »

Are you a Corbynite?
I love the cheeky little fellow promising the weak minded yoof of today free everything so they can vote for his social communist revolution.
Personally I think he's a rat only surpassed by the IRA loving Abbott and Mc Donnald, bless them.

There's a certain irony that Manwork04 accused defender of being a persona invented by a troublesome youth.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2017, 17:38:20 pm »

he struggles with examples

The point is that Parkie decided to use Brexit claiming that 52% of the population were thick or worse. That example you and a couple of others refer is not an legitimate example, not even an accurate description for a start. Of course you can read into it as much as you like to suit your argument. I think the problem you have is that if people don't follow your way of thinking you resort to some childish comments. Parkies comments would not be entertained in a normal debate.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2487

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2017, 17:42:09 pm »

The f*** has happened to this thread!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2017, 17:43:25 pm »

The **** has happened to this thread!

That's what happens when the Daily Mail get involved.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2017, 18:02:28 pm »

Oh, I don't know. I've just found the exact quote and I think it's genuinely refreshing:

I see politicians on TV every night telling us that this is a **** momentous decision that could **** change Britain forever and blah, blah, blah. It’s like, okay, why don’t you **** do what we pay you to do which is run the **** country and make your **** mind up....What are you asking the people for? 99 percent of the people are thick as pig ****.

Sounds about right to me. Cameron made a huge mistake in promising a referendum just to prevent a few numpties jumping ship to UKIP during the general election.

Oh, and while we're putting the world to rights, I have to agree with the general concensus on Corbyn - I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and idealism is always nice in a politician but it needs to be backed up with a healthy dose of reality, something he seems to have a tenuous relationship with. I think a lot of his success was down to appealing to the younger voters who thought they'd be getting everything for nothing if he won.

You wont get many votes if you believe that your fellow countrymen are thick. Personally I think your views on this are scandalous. Do you seriously believe Noel G is a reliable person to use as an example. As you said its your opinion!
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2017, 18:04:27 pm »

You've actually got no idea what you're talking about, have you? It's like you haven't even read the Gallagher quote, you've just seen the name and started typing away
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2017, 18:08:47 pm »

You've actually got no idea what you're talking about, have you? It's like you haven't even read the Gallagher quote, you've just seen the name and started typing away

He does that. It is good fun though. Although, as far as I'm aware, neither me nor Noel are trying to win any votes so thinking that the majority of people are thick won't have much of an impact on us...
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2017, 18:12:46 pm »

It's not nonsence. It's bang on - and you know it! Just hurts eh, that you fit the profile to a tee?  Grin

..............and that coming from a Tory member; your too keen on the practice of sophistry! Which profile Einstein , have read the DT and Times if only for the sport. Mind you the Times had an interesting article recently on a woman resorting to unusual activities with another.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2017, 18:14:11 pm »

That's what happens when the Daily Mail get involved.  Grin

Grin You ought to stick to one liners - more amusing.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2017, 18:21:44 pm »

Coming from you that's a bit rich. You would like to think that, but I think our learned BoN quoted it above - surprised you missed that!  As for Noel if you believe what he says/sings that's your issue. You do have a problem with the Referendum result don't you?
Report Spam   Logged

Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2017, 18:29:17 pm »

Coming from you that's a bit rich. You would like to think that, but I think our learned BoN quoted it above - surprised you missed that!  As for Noel if you believe what he says/sings that's your issue. You do have a problem with the Referendum result don't you?
Well, it's true. You kept calling it the Noel Gallagher example. Example of what? It was a quote. it wasn't an example of anything, so you either don't know what an example is (possible given your past history when the word crops up) or you just plain didn't read what it said.
As for the quote itself, yeah he has a point. The vast majority of people can't be bothered to research things for themselves, they are simply happy to vote the way they're told to by the newspapers.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2017, 19:09:58 pm »

Well, it's true. You kept calling it the Noel Gallagher example.
As for the quote itself, yeah he has a point. The vast majority of people can't be bothered to research things for themselves, they are simply happy to vote the way they're told to by the newspapers.

If you are saying that Noel Gallagher has a point on the Referendum (or any Referendum) then thankfully that is your opinion. You have (together with BoN & Parkie) have a pretty jaundiced view of the voting habits(or too thick) of the vast majority of people. Clearly the Referendum result has effected your judgement(s) that you resort to generalisations and unsubstantiated facts. By all means have the last word, but I am out of this er discussion.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 15:20:58 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2017, 19:24:53 pm »

Certain people are still very bitter about Brexit. Let it go, and move on.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2017, 19:29:10 pm »

If you are saying that Noel Gallagher has a point on the Referendum (or any Referendum) then thankfully that is your opinion. You have (together with BoN & Parkie) have a pretty jaundiced view of the voting habits(or to thick) of the vast majority of people. Clearly the Referendum result has effected your judgement(s) that you resort to generalisations and unsubstantiated facts. By all means have the last word, but I am out of this er discussion.
& you still haven't understood the point Gallagher was making. I would say I'm shocked but with you I'm not
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2017, 19:32:28 pm »

..............and that coming from a Tory member; your too keen on the practice of sophistry! Which profile Einstein , have read the DT and Times if only for the sport. Mind you the Times had an interesting article recently on a woman resorting to unusual activities with another.
I hope you're not referring to me as a Tory member???
#Confused.com.
 Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2017, 19:38:31 pm »

The Noel Cantwell Suite. Nice ground!  Wink
https://goo.gl/images/qEaGyD
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 20:15:39 pm »

I have to wonder where the DM got their £6m figure from and whether that is actually the figure they've injected into the club instead. 
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 20:21:29 pm »

They've imagined it. The Cobblers are not worth £10m.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 20:22:16 pm »

If they have stuck £6million in then that's a hefty investment. Huge if though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: