The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:26:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

QPR away

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QPR away  (Read 11292 times)
jamie-brett

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 12:24:55 pm »

The Brew Dog bar @ Shepherds Bush looks appealing to me
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 12:58:38 pm »

I hope the Trust find a better place to stop for refreshments, unlike Shifnal which was shut when we arrived Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 14:08:01 pm »

I hope the Trust find a better place to stop for refreshments, unlike Shifnal which was shut when we arrived Roll Eyes
Always open for suggestions
PS not everything in Shifnal was shut.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 14:09:07 pm »

Sounds great if you want to support a Homophobic and Sexist company.
Report Spam   Logged
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 15:08:25 pm »

Managed to get my group for tomorrow up to four, none of the other three actually support Town, and the group includes two who have never attended a competitive Cobblers fixture before!

The prospect of a day pub-crawling round London followed by the football appears to be very appealing to the neutral! Hopefully the team actually turn up in order to tempt them back!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 18:37:34 pm »

We always seem to do **** in the league to start with and then win the cup game.
Except the last time we played at Loftus Road...letting in a last minute goal to lose 3-2!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 18:39:24 pm »

What the whole of Shifnal? Beautiful little town!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 20:48:29 pm »

What the whole of Shifnal? Beautiful little town!

The place we ended up in, I was expecting Del Boy to be at the bar with a cocktail and umbrella and then the lap dancers to appear!
Not what you expect on a Saturday lunchtime... Grin
Chippy was good though...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 20:59:29 pm »

I think Phillips and Smith will play as wing backs with Kasim and Crooks in the middle .
Long will start  with either Rico or Revell .
I doubt Taylor will play and so all in all it will  be a better team than started on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2017, 21:15:37 pm »

I doubt Taylor will play and so all in all it will  be a better team than started on Saturday.
I have a funny feeling that Taylor will play. Just for his set pieces, as we are away from home. Negative football.
Just like Boothroyd persisted with Tozer, just for his set piece, chuck in. Negative football.
I do hope that I am wrong, but somehow, I just cant see it.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2017, 21:38:27 pm »

Always open for suggestions
PS not everything in Shifnal was shut.

Near Shepherds Bush

Brewdog First Choice !!
This branch of the ever-popular chain of bars by punky craft beer brewers,Brewdog is a great place to kick start your night, or simply have a few beers with friends. 15-19 Goldhawk Road, London W12 8QQ, United Kingdom, +44 20 8749 8094

Princess Victoria
The Princess Victoria pub on Uxbridge Road is a pretty impressive-looking place. Inside, the original features have been spectacularly preserved, with dome-shaped skylights and a grand . central bar. The food on offer, from full meals to bar snacks, has been widely praised.
217 Uxbridge Road, London W12 9DH, United Kingdom, +44 20 8749 5886

Queen Adelaide  A large, square central bar separates the pub and dining rooms at the Queen Adelaide. The food is typical pub grub with one or two bits of flare, and seasonal real ales are kept on rotation alongside global bottled beers and craft kegs. 412 Uxbridge Road, London W12 0NR, United Kingdom, +44 20 8746 2573

All in Shepherds Bush

OR

Battle Axes (Elstree) on the A5 nr MI about 50 mins from SBush
A no-nonsense chain pub with a menu of traditional British dishes and a family-friendly vibe.
Address: Butterfly Lane, Elstree WD6 3A

Never been to any of them!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 21:42:47 pm »

I have a funny feeling that Taylor will play. Just for his set pieces, as we are away from home. Negative football.
Just like Boothroyd persisted with Tozer, just for his set piece, chuck in. Negative football.
I do hope that I am wrong, but somehow, I just cant see it.

After Sat would have thought he would be lucky to be in the squad. I dont find playing Taylor negative , rather impractical. Unfortunately his set pieces might be vital on the night. Sounds you have been on Hemlock.
Report Spam   Logged

guest48

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 23:23:15 pm »

Near Shepherds Bush

Brewdog First Choice !!
This branch of the ever-popular chain of bars by punky craft beer brewers,Brewdog is a great place to kick start your night, or simply have a few beers with friends. 15-19 Goldhawk Road, London W12 8QQ, United Kingdom, +44 20 8749 8094

Princess Victoria
The Princess Victoria pub on Uxbridge Road is a pretty impressive-looking place. Inside, the original features have been spectacularly preserved, with dome-shaped skylights and a grand . central bar. The food on offer, from full meals to bar snacks, has been widely praised.
217 Uxbridge Road, London W12 9DH, United Kingdom, +44 20 8749 5886

Queen Adelaide  A large, square central bar separates the pub and dining rooms at the Queen Adelaide. The food is typical pub grub with one or two bits of flare, and seasonal real ales are kept on rotation alongside global bottled beers and craft kegs. 412 Uxbridge Road, London W12 0NR, United Kingdom, +44 20 8746 2573

All in Shepherds Bush

OR

Battle Axes (Elstree) on the A5 nr MI about 50 mins from SBush
A no-nonsense chain pub with a menu of traditional British dishes and a family-friendly vibe.
Address: Butterfly Lane, Elstree WD6 3A

Never been to any of them!

The only problem is that, according to footballgroundguide.com
"There are no pubs for away fans in the immediate vicinity around the stadium. In nearby Shepherds Bush Green there are a number of bars however most do not welcome visiting fans and employ doormen to enforce this".
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 03:46:48 am »

Not all shut - Cobblers' Independents had arranged a pub to open for us by 11.30am.
Report Spam   Logged
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 06:14:19 am »

The only problem is that, according to footballgroundguide.com
"There are no pubs for away fans in the immediate vicinity around the stadium. In nearby Shepherds Bush Green there are a number of bars however most do not welcome visiting fans and employ doormen to enforce this".
Game happens to be in the greatest city in the World any number of pubs within a twenty minute tube ride from QPR.
Hammersmith not too far away nice crafy pub there for the Brewdog type supporters.
http://www.drafthouse.co.uk
Of course if you want to get well and truly wobbly the GBBF starts today at Olympia, not too far from Loftus Road
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:17:37 am by pattcobb » Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:05 am »

Anyone any further info on the fitness of JJ/Moloney/McWilliams?

Pretty sure JJ won't be risked but would love for the other two to be involved. If they are not ready, I think the team tonight will be:

Cornell

Poole     A.Taylor     Pierre
                Phillps                                            Smith

Crooks    Kasim

Waters

Rico            Long
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 10:27:31 am »

From the Offy Site:
Brendan Moloney (hamstring), John-Joe O’Toole (pictured) (groin), Shaun McWilliams (ankle), Sam Hoskins (knee) and Sam Foley (ankle) all remain sidelined for the Carabao Cup first round tie at QPR.

“None of those will be back for Tuesday,” confirmed boss Justin Edinburgh.

“We are hopeful that we will have one or two back for Fleetwood but we will have to see how they progress this week.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 10:33:41 am »

Same lineup as Shrewsbury but kasim for bowditch and revell for Rico
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 16:14:23 pm »

The little cameo from Long on Saturday was enough for me to think he should be starting all of our games. He is much more mobile than Rico/Revell. I'd probably go for something like this...

Cornell

A.Taylor       Pierre       Barnett       
                                  Phillips                                                    Smith
                                                        Kasim Crooks

Waters   Rico   Long

That is of course if he insists with 532/523/541

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 17:49:49 pm »

Looks a better balance tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: