The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:26:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

QPR away

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QPR away  (Read 11324 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2017, 06:11:32 am »

The kneejerk boys are quiet!

As previously stated we have a great squad and it is up to JE find a great team.
AS previously stated only 4 of Saturdays starting XI should be our long term team.
I honestly believe Rico and M. Taylor are only squad players this year.

Yes a second experience keeper needed. Moloney and Smith should be our wing backs. Ash Taylor is Championship quality and Poole and Pierre would be a better central combination instead of THREE heads on sticks players, although Barnett has played well when on the pitch! Crooks and O'Toole central midfield and I prefer the mobility of Long and Waters up front.

Progress last night in front of another excellent Cobblers turnout.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2017, 07:43:31 am »

Its another loss though..Pressure starting to build on the Jedmiester
Idiot!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2017, 07:58:47 am »

The acid test will be what JED does on Saturday - surely he pretty much sticks with last nights team with the exception of Poole for Barnett and moloney for Phillips (if fit) - possibly o'toole on the bench if he has no reaction to his injection. Imagine the reaction if they read the team out and m Taylor is anchoring the midfield!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2017, 07:58:52 am »

Stevie boy - shock horror QPR played 5-3-2 tonight. Surely you noticed that!
On that subject , ex cobbler Furlong played very well for them .
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2017, 08:11:04 am »

I didn't go last night, but by all accounts a decent performance. HOWEVER. When you don't go to a game you always have a completely different take on proceedings. I went on Saturday; I thought then that we warranted a point. Even though we were awful. That was because Shrewsbury were no better in my opinion, and based on ref decisions not balancing themselves out over the 90 minutes we would have most likely scored.

My take on last nights game was that we were up against a 2nd string, average championship side. They made 9 changes from their weekend game. It was therefore no surprise that we passed the ball around a fair bit (teams in the higher levels will always allow you to do that), we were also playing a team of strangers who rarely play together. I would have expected a better performance with the ball for those reasons. So for me, its very difficult to take much from it. Either negative or positive.

These first four or five games, we've simply got to tough it out (as fans). Be prepared for some 'dodgy' performances. Think back to the Dagenham home game under Wilder which put us lower mid table after 6 games. We were truly awful that day, the title was the last thing anyone would have predicted. Think back to Sheffield UTD's start last season. They were bottom after 4 games and their performances were (apparently) inept.

The biggest issue we seem to all have is who we employ as wing backs. DB apparently played as one the season Preston got promoted…from league1. Lets not write him off in that position just yet, so much depends on how he links up with the players in front of him. As a 'fan' Id say Smith all day long in that role but for now we have to trust JED and get behind him/them. Personally Id still go with Smith at left wing back this Saturday though but Im seeing things in black and white, like I guess most of us are.

I've got my misgivings, as we all have. BUT. At least the team looks solid. VERY solid. If the creative stuff starts to come into our play, even on a sporadic basis we will be fine. If it doesn't and JED sticks to 5-3-2 then questions will be asked by a lot of us after 8-10 games. If not sooner. Thats football!
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2017, 08:19:37 am »

Seems the players struggling with the new system in general are the older ones, Rico, Revell, Buchanan, Taylor and Bowditch.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2017, 08:42:10 am »

I was there on Saturday and I was extremely negative about the performance, it wasnt knee jerk, it was just that bad. This however was much improved.

The balance of the team was far better, both wing backs did well, Phillips in particular although Buchs was far improved, although the benefit to having Smith there is that he can beat a man with his pace where Buchs dosnt have that in the locker. Ash Taylor playing in that role in a 3 does look like a great pick up, allows him to just attack the ball aerially whenever he wants, thought the second yellow for Barnett was harsh but then I guess it was needless.

Really liked the Crooks and Kasim partnership, both very good passers of the ball, both dropped really deep to take it from the defence and the keeper, having the full backs wider and further up the pitch meant they had more of an outball as well. Crooks is very much JJOT in his style of play, very languid, if he had a song everyone loved and long hair he would be a cult hero in no time. Crooks has more pace and I would argue better feet than JJOT IMO, but a midfield 3 with all of them would be ace, not sure it could be managed in this formation though.

I thought Waters was much better today, I have not been overly impressed in comparison to others thoughts on him but yesterday he covered a ton of the pitch, drove with the ball from midfield, his style of play is exactly the same as Hoskins. Really liked Long, direct, pacy, shoots whenever possible, think he will be our top scorer this year. I would think that a Waters/Long combo up front might be a little lightweight but then I could be way off with that.

We tried a lot of intricate stuff around the box second half which didnt quite come of but I thought Kasim was spot on in his interview that basically a lot of the players need to be calmer on the ball, not having to just get rid every time they get it.

Also a shout out to Cornell who was very good with his handling, made a good save to tip a drive onto the bar and was generally solid.

All in all despite a loss I am far more positive than I was at 5pm last saturday Saturday.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:45:33 am by lordjord » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:34 am »

On that subject , ex cobbler Furlong played very well for them .

Their forum said he was a weak link!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:48 am »

solid if not spectacular..............much improved, but still currently hard to see where the goals will come from.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2017, 08:54:14 am »

I didn't go last night, but by all accounts a decent performance. HOWEVER. When you don't go to a game you always have a completely different take on proceedings. I went on Saturday; I thought then that we warranted a point. Even though we were awful. That was because Shrewsbury were no better in my opinion, and based on ref decisions not balancing themselves out over the 90 minutes we would have most likely scored.

My take on last nights game was that we were up against a 2nd string, average championship side. They made 9 changes from their weekend game. It was therefore no surprise that we passed the ball around a fair bit (teams in the higher levels will always allow you to do that), we were also playing a team of strangers who rarely play together. I would have expected a better performance with the ball for those reasons. So for me, its very difficult to take much from it. Either negative or positive.

These first four or five games, we've simply got to tough it out (as fans). Be prepared for some 'dodgy' performances. Think back to the Dagenham home game under Wilder which put us lower mid table after 6 games. We were truly awful that day, the title was the last thing anyone would have predicted. Think back to Sheffield UTD's start last season. They were bottom after 4 games and their performances were (apparently) inept.

The biggest issue we seem to all have is who we employ as wing backs. DB apparently played as one the season Preston got promoted…from league1. Lets not write him off in that position just yet, so much depends on how he links up with the players in front of him. As a 'fan' Id say Smith all day long in that role but for now we have to trust JED and get behind him/them. Personally Id still go with Smith at left wing back this Saturday though but Im seeing things in black and white, like I guess most of us are.

I've got my misgivings, as we all have. BUT. At least the team looks solid. VERY solid. If the creative stuff starts to come into our play, even on a sporadic basis we will be fine. If it doesn't and JED sticks to 5-3-2 then questions will be asked by a lot of us after 8-10 games. If not sooner. Thats football!

Your opinion is not shared by QPR - have a look at their forums. They described their team as strong looking side. If you are going to belittle last nights team effort at least research your subject first.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:45 am »

solid if not spectacular..............much improved, but still currently hard to see where the goals will come from.

This is a very good summary of yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2017, 09:26:34 am »

Your opinion is not shared by QPR - have a look at their forums. They described their team as strong looking side. If you are going to belittle last nights team effort at least research your subject first.

They will have strong squad of 20-25 players like we have, so their 12-22 players will be of a good standard. But they wouldn't have played much together as a side.

Anyway, Im not belittling our performance as you suggest. Just brushing it off as 'work in progress'. If you think otherwise then thats your choice. I won't be getting too excited either way for a few games yet.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2017, 10:04:08 am »

Sorry mate - and I've defended you in the past but there is no widespread "JED out" campaign, no widespread overtly negative or belittling campaign just observations from a variety of view points some of which rightly expressed as less than positive view based on what in all fairness was an abject performance on Saturday.

The adjectives you use to fellow posters is both disrespectful and unnecessary and does you no credit
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2017, 10:50:46 am »

The adjectives you use to fellow posters is both disrespectful and unnecessary and does you no credit

If the cap fits........................

Never said theirthere is a widespread anti JED movement but after last Saturday quite a few ; including you took to their keyboards to express OTT anti JED comments, I fully support all criticism of JED/Tactics but it should be reasonably free from personal animosity; otherwise justifiable criticism gets lost.

We were all shocked and disappointed by Saturdays performance, but to use it as you have done recently as opportunistic anti JED rhetoric , is disrespectful to all fair minded and patient supporters.  It would have helped if you were at Salop and also QPR to form a more balanced view. I for one am a little more confident on the next fixture which until last night I wasn't.

PS I apologize unreservedly for calling you selfish.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 13:26:50 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2017, 11:01:31 am »

The kneejerk boys are quiet!

Almost right Wink
It was a good turn out particularly after Saturday. There were a lot of young supporters there too , always encouraging to see.
Report Spam   Logged

benmightsay

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2017, 12:31:09 pm »

Hope you don't mind me sharing this! Here's how the game looked from a neutral POV.

Northampton fans were outstanding throughout by the way. Was a decent performance too - Matt Crooks looked really handy.

Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2017, 13:18:49 pm »

Tw&t

There he is look, the real Everbrite. I'm sure Vietnam Cobbler read that comment with great pride

Hypocrite.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2017, 13:29:20 pm »

There he is look, the real Everbrite. I'm sure Vietnam Cobbler read that comment with great pride

Hypocrite.

Quote from: Dr Feelgood on Yesterday at 21:53:49

Its another loss though..Pressure starting to build on the Jedmiester

Idiot![/i]

Your one as well if it helps.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 13:50:41 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2017, 13:34:18 pm »

Your one as well if it helps.

Of course I am if that makes you feel better.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2017, 13:44:56 pm »

Of course I am if that makes you feel better.

Great - good news , have a nice day
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: