The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:57:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trouncing The Trawlermen

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouncing The Trawlermen  (Read 11755 times)
Sean_ntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2017, 11:39:32 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2017, 12:05:00 pm »

A few more games and more of you might realise that our club is only treading water under KT. His managerial appointments underline this, both very low risk dull 'safe' no thrills type of managers.

I saw enough games last season under Jed to know that this season will be no different, he is obviously the type of old school manager who cant or won't adapt to his players, and plays old fashion get it away from our defence and HOPE we nick a goal, boring, boring, boring.

We should sack Jed today IF KT suddenly decides to build our club up and develop it, in that we take a longer term view, we invest in exciting younger players and play an exciting modern brand of football with a young modern type of manager.  If not there is little point in sacking him, as the next one will be the same, safe and boring, like page and Jed.

Sure a few of you are delighted with our start, after all we need to play dull, losing footbal otherwise we might need more seats, which just won't do and we can slip quietly back to League 2 and can claim to be a true football fan as u follow a small, tin pot club.

Probably one of the most off the mark posts in this history of this site.
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2017, 12:09:23 pm »

Grin

I'm glad people are clinging to that particular peice of driftwood. Lets hope we lose our next two games as well because that means we will be even more certain of following Sheffield's championship winning season.  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2017, 12:21:40 pm »

Explain where I'm off the mark then AS?

So you are saying that JED's football is not boring and he has won more than we have lost Huh???

Rob Page was an exciting, forward thinking, creative manager with modern ideas and styles???

KT did not appoint either manager?

No one on this site as ever said we don't sell out so we don't need more seats?

KT has announced long terms plans and ambitions for NTFC?

KT is developing the East stand for Championship football?

KT is developing the South stand for League 1 football?

We have more than 1 Youth team player on the verge of getting into the 1st team?

We have players that we could sell tomorrow for at least 500k more than we paid for them?

There has been an overhaul of off-field staffing levels, procedures and training?

Our league position is not lower ever month since October?

Most of our fans really want Championship football like this town / catchment area should / can have and are pushing the Chairman to achieve this???

So really how far off the mark am I???

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2017, 13:33:14 pm »

We have more than 1 Youth team player on the verge of getting into the 1st team?
There has been an overhaul of off-field staffing levels, procedures and training?

McWilliams and Goff have both made the jump from youth team to first team squad (one last year and one this year), and Iaciofano has been around it also. I'm some of the others in the Youth could be in and around the squad, as they were in pre season.

I'm not quite sure how you would know about the second unless you worked in the club on a daily basis.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2017, 13:46:01 pm »

Mcwilliams is the only one, Goff no nor Iaciofano

I know that the same staff are still there from the last 2 years so there has hardly been much change there.

So you agree with me then on all the other points

Interesting to see know reply from AS as usual. Everyone ignores what they don't want to accept, just like before with DC at least he had a plan  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2017, 13:56:57 pm »

Mcwilliams is the only one, Goff no nor Iaciofano
I know that the same staff are still there from the last 2 years so there has hardly been much change there.
So you agree with me then on all the other points
Interesting to see know reply from AS as usual. Everyone ignores what they don't want to accept, just like before with DC at least he had a plan  Grin Grin

Goff is in the first team squad, and if Cornell gets injured then he will play. He has been our back up all pre season (even got some game time and did well), and in both the league and cup games.

Iaciofano has played for the first team already, and is in and around the squad. One of the other young lads played in defence in pre season and didn't look too out of place. Or is it only if you think they are ready for the first team? Do you watch the Youth team often enough to know there is nobody promising?

Which staff are you referring to? I'm sure there will have been changes during a two year period, but I don't work there so happy to be corrected if you can provide the info.

I couldn't be bothered to argue your other points, you've made it clear how you feel about JE, KT and the club situation and you are entitled to your opinion. Just because I choose not to argue every point you made, doesn't mean I share the same opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2017, 14:22:31 pm »

A few more games and more of you might realise that our club is only treading water under KT. His managerial appointments underline this, both very low risk dull 'safe' no thrills type of managers.

I saw enough games last season under Jed to know that this season will be no different, he is obviously the type of old school manager who cant or won't adapt to his players, and plays old fashion get it away from our defence and HOPE we nick a goal, boring, boring, boring.

We should sack Jed today IF KT suddenly decides to build our club up and develop it, in that we take a longer term view, we invest in exciting younger players and play an exciting modern brand of football with a young modern type of manager.  If not there is little point in sacking him, as the next one will be the same, safe and boring, like page and Jed.

Sure a few of you are delighted with our start, after all we need to play dull, losing footbal otherwise we might need more seats, which just won't do and we can slip quietly back to League 2 and can claim to be a true football fan as u follow a small, tin pot club.

The only thing you are right about is the managerial choices.

The last paragraph is frankly ridiculous.

Also if you'd noticed you will have seen we are investing in younger players with potential.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2017, 14:24:08 pm »

I think in this instance AS has called your bluff Grin . It does take too much brain power to dismiss your "theories". You did make a decent point about players and systems which actually made sense.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2017, 14:35:40 pm »

This is my concern, the squad seems very unbalanced. The budget spent on the 6th central midfielder should've been used on a Holmes / Adams type wide attacking player

Whilst Holmes type player would be nice our main problem at the moment is the absence of a decent striker; at least Shoemaker go that right! Had we such a player for both league games we most probably wouldn't be crying in the soup now. Address that issue and we will win a few!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2017, 14:48:21 pm »

Most fans on here are very happy to defend the lack of action over the East Stand and that the delay is caused by land issues again.

Most fans seem to be very happy that the ground will not be expanded

Most fans don't question or push that a town of this size can and should support Championship football and as such this should be a target.

The ones that do... myself, shoey, beds and a couple of others get shouted down or treated with contempt or asked to contact KT.

That is why that last paragraph might be rather confrontational but that is why this town and country is in a mess, too many sheep following, too frightened to say what should be said or questioned. Only in private does the truth out, hence brexit and Trump, in private voting booths. It was so f....ing obvious that DC has no interest in this club other than the land around, yet so many marched to the council etc etc as that was what they were told to do. Even towards the end, many many supported DC , even the Trust with we want answers avoided anything too awkward, like why did u take £2 million personally from the loan.

KT is not DC but he is here for his own benefit not ours. At least Brian Binley was here on a wet Tuesday night supporting his club, same goes for David Jackson and others. All of which wanted the club to survive and prosper because are Northampton people who support NTFC, you cannot say the same for KT.

Again why did he not pay back the Trust £10k and why have the  Trust not asked for it back ? What does that tell you about KT and the Trust Huh?    (This one line supports that whole paragraph)

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2017, 15:04:15 pm »

but we have 6 strikers. So are you saying the squad is good except the strikers

So surely the squad is not that good. !! LOL

Strikers are the hardest to get right especially with a small budget
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2017, 15:05:14 pm »

Again why did he not pay back the Trust £10k and why have the  Trust not asked for it back ? What does that tell you about KT and the Trust Huh?    (This one line supports that whole paragraph)

Did you go to the open forum and ask this, or ask someone to ask on your behalf?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2017, 15:06:18 pm »

There has been no new appointments in senior positions at the club everyone in senior positions were taken on by DC
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2017, 15:07:39 pm »

Yes
Did you go to the open forum and ask this, or ask someone to ask on your behalf?

Yes I asked the Trust to ask but like the other important question, ie: the exact land size info it wasn't mentioned. I wonder why?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #195 on: August 14, 2017, 15:16:54 pm »

Yes
Yes I asked the Trust to ask but like the other important question, ie: the exact land size info it wasn't mentioned. I wonder why?Huh?
Can you tell me when you asked the Trust and who did you ask ?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 14, 2017, 15:17:30 pm »

Yes

That is a little disappointing in that case, maybe one of the Trust representatives on here can answer for you?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #197 on: August 14, 2017, 15:21:34 pm »

Hi Barton

As posted on the forum thread as requested.
Was in London that evening so couldn't attend.

Re: Forum with Kelvin Thomas & Justin Edinburgh - Weds 2nd August (Date Changed)
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 15:36:42 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove
Can someone please ask the following

1. When can we expect to see something actually happening to East stand, either in revised planning permission application or start building?
2. What are the dimensions and location of the disputed piece of land behind East stand that has caused the delays?
3. Why did you not pay back the £10,000 loan to the Trust as per gentleman's agreement?
4. Are there still plans to build hotels / conference centre etc? If so how and why will NTFC benefit?  Will they become your assets or NTFC's to be transferred to new owners in the future as part of NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 14, 2017, 15:43:40 pm »

Whilst Holmes type player would be nice our main problem at the moment is the absence of a decent striker; at least Shoemaker go that right! Had we such a player for both league games we most probably wouldn't be crying in the soup now. Address that issue and we will win a few!

I honestly think you have this the wrong way round. We have created 1 chance* in each of our league games so far, even if we had the best finisher in world football we still would have only scored 1 goal in each game. We need to create more chances for our strikers, only then can they be judged IMO

* In case anyone tells me we had 4 shots on target against Fleetwood, all four came in the same incident, we could have only scored once from those shots - if that makes sense?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2017, 15:55:16 pm »

I honestly think you have this the wrong way round. We have created 1 chance* in each of our league games so far, even if we had the best finisher in world football we still would have only scored 1 goal in each game. We need to create more chances for our strikers, only then can they be judged IMO

* In case anyone tells me we had 4 shots on target against Fleetwood, all four came in the same incident, we could have only scored once from those shots - if that makes sense?

No, Billy Waters had a header straight at the keeper (should have scored). Then the incident with 3 shots/header within seconds, good goalkeeping but in fairness the keeper shouldn't have been given a sniff, firstly Pierre (twice) then Waters or Long with the third effort.     
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: