The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:51:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Trouncing The Trawlermen

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouncing The Trawlermen  (Read 11716 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2017, 12:08:34 pm »

When is a chance not a chance?

BBC reports have us 5 shots, 1 on target v Shrews, 14 shots, 5 on target v QPR and 12 shots 4 on target v Fleetwood.

Surely those stats suggest more than one chance per game? I agree you have to create supply but I do also agree our strikers either aren't being deployed correctly or just aren't up to much. Only Long excites me in any way as a potential out and out striker.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2017, 12:31:04 pm »

When is a chance not a chance?

BBC reports have us 5 shots, 1 on target v Shrews, 14 shots, 5 on target v QPR and 12 shots 4 on target v Fleetwood.

Surely those stats suggest more than one chance per game? I agree you have to create supply but I do also agree our strikers either aren't being deployed correctly or just aren't up to much. Only Long excites me in any way as a potential out and out striker.

there were 4 on target v fleetwood in the space of a few seconds...............and long had one before that, which the keeper saved, so that's 5 anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2017, 14:47:20 pm »

Sorry not a dig at the Trust, I don't expect them to publicly ask KT about the 10k, just hoped someone else would have done.

Again no one had PM me or said in public to say that I am wrong about the 10k so have to assume that KT did agree to pay and went back on his word.

Anyway as Steve Riches just said, time will tell, unfortunately 15 years has already gone by and been wasted, heres to another 15

I said after losing to Grimsby in the play-off final that this will be our high point, how sadly right i was.

I know it's a few days since you raised this, but the thing is Derek...I've already answered your question about the £10k loan! I can't be held responsible if you can't remember the answer!! Grin

No you're not wrong, but Barton Cobbler is on holiday and I've been enjoying a few days away from the web myself which is why I hadn't responded yet. You're always more likely to get a quick answer by emailing ntfc_trust@outlook.com - as a few different people have access to that and I'll get a notification on my phone once we get an email.

The club still has the £10,000, but they have been in discussion with the Trust for a few months regarding ideas as to how it could be used for various projects i.e fan facilities, things like that.

Nothing has been agreed and discussions are ongoing. Once we're in a position to say if anything is being done with it we'll announce it .
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2017, 14:53:54 pm »

Hi Barton

As posted on the forum thread as requested.
Was in London that evening so couldn't attend.

Re: Forum with Kelvin Thomas & Justin Edinburgh - Weds 2nd August (Date Changed)
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 15:36:42 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote  Modify messageModify  Remove messageRemove
Can someone please ask the following

1. When can we expect to see something actually happening to East stand, either in revised planning permission application or start building?
2. What are the dimensions and location of the disputed piece of land behind East stand that has caused the delays?
3. Why did you not pay back the £10,000 loan to the Trust as per gentleman's agreement?
4. Are there still plans to build hotels / conference centre etc? If so how and why will NTFC benefit?  Will they become your assets or NTFC's to be transferred to new owners in the future as part of NTFC?
All of these questions have been answered with the exception of question number two, and the second part of question four. I would recommend emailing Kelvin directly on kelvin.thomas@ntfc.co.uk to get an answer.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2017, 15:00:25 pm »

Thanks James, I know you did LOL

Again I am just amazed that fans say how great KT is etc etc, yet he refuses to put £10k back into the hands of the group that more than helped him gain control our club,  a club that the Trust was absolutely instrumental in saving.

To me its another chairman who has contempt for the fans, using them for his own benefits, brings them in for hugs and photo ops and then outcasting them as outsiders when it suits him. All on the back of promising £3m + to build East stand but yet again land issues stop him progressing. Another example of someone want NBC to sign over assets Free of Charge just because he is the Chairman of NTFC???. Sound familiar?Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2017, 15:12:26 pm »

Burton, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Brentford, MK Dons, Fleetwood, Swansea, WBA

Good examples but I can also quote from riches to rags

........Coventry, Charlton, Wigan and Portsmouth

or from rags to oblivion

Boston, Tranmere, Orient, Halifax, Darlington, Stockport.

In the grand scheme of things we are treading water with a burst of excitement and genuine expectation every decade which of course is disappointing - but I still think it is grossly unfair to blame KT. It seems very likely that money has been directed to the playing budget via the Chinese input and the squad "on paper" look good with perhaps just the striker issue not yet being addressed. My main criticism of KT to date would be choice of managers - Rob Page clearly terrible and I regret to say I think longer term JED will be judged pretty much the same. Sure KT can't live on the reputation of "saving" the club for ever. Whoever took over, inherited a huge pigs ear with the East Stand and of course as supporters we want it all but I certainly would not have traded the season before last for a shiny (but empty) new build stand.
Our previous owners were dishonest about the future of the club and were finally found out - just in time before the damage was irreparable - I'm not aware of KT behaving in the same way and clearly your comments on the 10k from the trust, given Fez's answer are a cynical distortion of the truth.

I await with varying patience on (1) A little more information on the Chinese, (2) A little more information on the East stand. (3) Appointment of a manager who is capable of adapting a system to suit his players rather than the opposite.  
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2017, 15:53:34 pm »

sorry Cobblerwatch how is the £10k a distortion of the truth??

KT has not paid in back in 2 years, the Trust are trying to find other ways to get something back from him.

Put very simply he has not paid it back, so how the f**k am I being cynical. Absolutely f***ing unbelievable.

Another sheep fan or worse, your last paragraph sums up 95% of our fans, clueless as to what makes a successful long term football club. Ok so lets not try and better our club despite the fact that in terms of catchment area and competition / location of other league clubs we are about bottom of the 92.

Coventry & Charlton & Oxford, even Portsmouth and others all held back due to chairman lining their own pockets and putting the club into high rents etc, keep quiet and this might happen to us.

Also why would the new build stand be empty if we were top of div 2, again how much revenue and future revenue did we lose?(not KT fault) but again we never have the facilities to cash in when successful as everyone is too happy for us to stay tin pot and small.

Again a little reminder...  we took 44000 and 39000 to Wembley, we took 5000 to Liverpool on a wednesday night, 7000 to MK, 2500 to Newcastle at 2 days notice. Would Boston, Tranmere, Halifax, Darlington or Stockport do this???  Not a chance so they are bad examples to compare to us incase we have 10000 seats

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2017, 17:11:05 pm »

KT has not paid in back in 2 years, the Trust are trying to find other ways to get something back from him.

Distortion of the truth - the implication here is KT is trying to avoid paying it back - maybe he is maybe he is not, I certainly don't know but the wording from the trust representative is they are working together to find a suitable use of the monies - frankly if that's the case and both sides are happy with the arrangement I really don't care who's bank account it is in (and for the record there is a reasonable personal contribution from me in it) so yes you are cynically distorting the truth by making an implication on action and intent that is unsupported by fact but suits your argument to cast someone as the villain.

I love the way you pompously judge 95% of fans being sheep and not having a clue how to run a successful football club - actually you are nearly right because the real number is 99.9% and I guess you are the special one because you represent that magical 0.1% who know how it's done.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2017, 17:16:15 pm »

Got to agree with Random on the 10k.
Wouldn't it be easier and more appropriate if KT simply reimbursed the Trust?
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2017, 17:50:23 pm »

Got to agree with Random on the 10k.
Wouldn't it be easier and more appropriate if KT simply reimbursed the Trust?

It depends, do the trust want him to or would they rather it was out to good use?

Genuine question as I've no idea
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2017, 18:56:53 pm »

It depends, do the trust want him to or would they rather it was out to good use?

Genuine question as I've no idea
Nor have I, but those two ideas are not mutually exclusive.
You make it sound like without KT's help the Trust is incapable of putting 10k to good use.
As i understand it, we loaned the money unconditionally (for the club to pay the wages of whoever they saw as most deserving, something I assume the Trust had no say in whatsoever).
So shouldn't the money now be unconditionally paid back and used by the Trust solely as it sees fit? If KT wants to come back cap in hand so he can upgrade the fans village with another DJ or whatever, so be it, but first the money needs to be in possession of the Trust, so they and only they, can take that decision.
My take anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2017, 19:12:54 pm »

Nor have I, but those two ideas are not mutually exclusive.
You make it sound like without KT's help the Trust is incapable of putting 10k to good use.
As i understand it, we loaned the money unconditionally (for the club to pay the wages of whoever they saw as most deserving, something I assume the Trust had no say in whatsoever).
So shouldn't the money now be unconditionally paid back and used by the Trust solely as it sees fit? If KT wants to come back cap in hand so he can upgrade the fans village with another DJ or whatever, so be it, but first the money needs to be in possession of the Trust, so they and only they, can take that decision.
My take anyway.

Yep, fair point and my wording was wrong. My point was if the trust told the club / KT to keep the money and use it for "fan experience" or whatever then criticising KT for is more than harsh. If on the other hand the Trust asked for it and KT refused then pile in.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2017, 19:28:59 pm »

Yep, fair point and my wording was wrong. My point was if the trust told the club / KT to keep the money and use it for "fan experience" or whatever then criticising KT for is more than harsh. If on the other hand the Trust asked for it and KT refused then pile in.
Agreed on that one.
KT isn't going to give it back if that was the offer, and indeed if that was the offer then I don't think it should have been, but that's just my personal opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2017, 21:18:54 pm »

He's had two years, money from Ricky sale, promotion, investment from China and has not paid it back. You need to change your tag to cobblersblind

it is 10k not 1m so i am pretty sure if KT had intended to pay it back he would have a long time ago. Still lets ignore this and all pretend everything is hunky dory just as before.

KT is here for KT not NTFC when will you understand that. Be interesting to know where he fits in along side other Chairman re love and focus of the club v out for fame and fortune

Still we lap it up a chairman doing the minimum he can whilst he awaits for NBC and our land

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2017, 21:31:38 pm »

He's had two years, money from Ricky sale, promotion, investment from China and has not paid it back. You need to change your tag to cobblersblind

it is 10k not 1m so i am pretty sure if KT had intended to pay it back he would have a long time ago. Still lets ignore this and all pretend everything is hunky dory just as before.

KT is here for KT not NTFC when will you understand that. Be interesting to know where he fits in along side other Chairman re love and focus of the club v out for fame and fortune

Still we lap it up a chairman doing the minimum he can whilst he awaits for NBC and our land

Ok, I'll ask again then because as I said I have no idea. Do the trust want KT to pay the £10k back to them?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2017, 07:55:25 am »

So serious question oh insightful one as opposed to us dimmer sheep - whilst I fully accept the majority (including myself) were slow to react to DC but there is a fundamental difference to a crook and an individual who is motivated by self interest. So what are you, beds and those "leaders" rather than followers actually going to do?

You can carp on ad nauseum but I assume you haven't got the cash to do anything tangible, you cite local people who could have saved the club well sorry to point out the obvious but they didn't - KT did. Words are cheap, regrettably running a football club isn't.

I apologise for going off topic but your earlier comments on people only being brave in the privacy of the polling booth (i.e. voting for Trump or Brexit) is in my opinion the ultimate paradox to you calling other people sheep.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2017, 08:55:43 am »

Thing is that DC was always motivated by self interest, he only became an alleged crook towards the end. Some of us tried to highlight what his motives were but just like now 99% are only interested on what happens on the pitch and weren't bothered until our actually survival was threatened.
We are trying to make sure that as fans we demand a better football club. People spend a massive amount of time, money and energy supporting NTFC But just sit back and make no effort / don't care that it is underperforming as a football club. Oh but happy to comment about players, managers and formations every time the team loses LOL.
Again the main reason KT gained control was because he told NBC that he had £4 million to invest and would finish the East stand. This stopped local people / the Trust and we missed a great opportunity to shape the future of NTFC. Now we have very very little say in our football club and KT has still got his £4 million, great business if you can get it. It really makes me laugh when he says he wants to under promise and over deliver, so.... we are get a £10m East stand then Huh???

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:24 am »

So serious question oh insightful one as opposed to us dimmer sheep - whilst I fully accept the majority (including myself) were slow to react to DC but there is a fundamental difference to a crook and an individual who is motivated by self interest. So what are you, beds and those "leaders" rather than followers actually going to do?

You can carp on ad nauseum but I assume you haven't got the cash to do anything tangible, you cite local people who could have saved the club well sorry to point out the obvious but they didn't - KT did. Words are cheap, regrettably running a football club isn't.

I apologise for going off topic but your earlier comments on people only being brave in the privacy of the polling booth (i.e. voting for Trump or Brexit) is in my opinion the ultimate paradox to you calling other people sheep.

He has called yr bluff Random!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2017, 09:35:20 am »

why do you do one everbrite, you idiot. You for one can not come on here and make any comment following your utterly embarrassing support of DC and trying to undermine anyone who was trying to protect the club that you allegedly support

baa baa baa baa baa ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2017, 09:45:23 am »

I believe that the Trawlermen have been trounced.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: