The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 02:05:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Josh Walker

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Josh Walker  (Read 4773 times)
Marvo

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 14:23:28 pm »

Fair play to cardoza for changing his cost cutting policy and putting his faith in the manager, 

Definately! But this wont be a regular occurence, Sampson must show in the remainder of this seasson that he is up to the task. He's been in charge for 79 matches, he can hardly still be regarded as a novice.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 14:49:08 pm »

Definately! But this wont be a regular occurence, Sampson must show in the remainder of this seasson that he is up to the task. He's been in charge for 79 matches, he can hardly still be regarded as a novice.

how many matches did fergie get at Man U before he was regarded as successful!?
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 14:59:47 pm »

how many matches did fergie get at Man U before he was regarded as successful!?

So you're comparing Alex Ferguson at money-bags Manchester United with Ian Sampson at Northampton Town?

Well okay, let's do that. Before he landed the United job, he was in charge for 8 seasons at Aberdeen and in that time won the title three times and came runners-up twice. He also got the unfashionable Scottish team as far as the quarter-finals of the European Cup. I don't like Ferguson but I think he earnt the time to prove his worth.

Over to you.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 15:24:29 pm »

So you're comparing Alex Ferguson at money-bags Manchester United with Ian Sampson at Northampton Town?

Well okay, let's do that. Before he landed the United job, he was in charge for 8 seasons at Aberdeen and in that time won the title three times and came runners-up twice. He also got the unfashionable Scottish team as far as the quarter-finals of the European Cup. I don't like Ferguson but I think he earnt the time to prove his worth.

Over to you.

exactly he was a very successful manager previous, who inherited a good side with money to spend and it took him 3 years to achieve what was being asked of him.

It's a shame that here isn't enough patience in football any more.  Managers are made scape goats now to distract the fans of mismanagement of football clubs and it's a testament to cardoza for not doing this and sticking with and now backing his appointment.

Lets hope that sammo will go on to become our most successful manager ever.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 15:28:17 pm »

Lets hope that sammo will go on to become our most successful manager ever.

Don't be daft, how on earth is he going to eclipse the likes of Dave Bowen and Herbert Chapman, nevermind Graham Carr. If he makes it up into the top ten he will have done well. Very well indeed.
Report Spam   Logged
nathan r

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 15:50:15 pm »

Don't be daft, how on earth is he going to eclipse the likes of Dave Bowen and Herbert Chapman, nevermind Graham Carr. If he makes it up into the top ten he will have done well. Very well indeed.

i don't know we might win the league trophy a record number of times  Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 23:10:01 pm »

I can't believe that you forgot that Aberdeen also won the European Cup Winners Cup, the last Scottish team to win a European Trophy, under his managership.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 23:11:47 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Marvo

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 07:13:27 am »

I can't believe that you forgot that Aberdeen also won the European Cup Winners Cup, the last Scottish team to win a European Trophy, under his managership.  Roll Eyes

Didn't forget, didn't look.
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 07:19:52 am »

To be fair Marvo....if he wins the league next season, adding in what he achieved in the cup this year - in my mind he'll have matched Graham Carr.
We couldn't even beat Newcastle under him  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 07:51:35 am »

I dunno, you can forget your stat book with Graham Carr in terms of overall record. That one off season was unique and will probably never be repeated in terms of footballing style, flair, goals etc in the context a div 4 side. It can't be as football has moved on and you don't get many fat centre halves to dribble around. I've still got a lot of the national press cuttings and it was big news back then. All enhanced by being in my football supporting prime and seeing every minute of it, sweet.

A good finish to this season, keep the spine of the current squad over the summer and I can see Sammo moving up the stats league, which are a great resource BTW Marvo.
Report Spam   Logged
Fred_NTFC

View Profile
Level 6 1000 Posts Search
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2011, 21:05:49 pm »

Very good signing going on reports, and if you look at the side now the majority of them are at least capable of a goal which is not something we've been able to say much recently. Johnson, Tozer, Beckwith, Davis, Laurent, Walker, Osman (this season), Jacobs, McKenzie and Harrad can all chip in. What the f*ck is Dunny playing at?!

He looked pretty good in his first home game for us, was annoying when he got injured. Someone who can pass the ball anyway.

How could I forget Holty and Billy!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Marvo

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 21:26:39 pm »

Superb tonight, especially first half. It's what we've been missing all season.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 21:31:46 pm »

Superb tonight, especially first half. It's what we've been missing all season.

spot on , he didnt do anything amazing. He just did the simple things that osman and wedders make look hard some times. His rnage of passing was great , spreading the play and had utter control at times
Report Spam   Logged

Whytewell

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 21:41:09 pm »

No way back for Gilly or Thornton while Walker is playing like that and staying injury-free
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2011, 21:50:23 pm »

We can't accept Gilligans in and out performances any more. He'll have to be at his best to get in the side which is how it should be
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2011, 21:57:07 pm »

Superb performances from both the debutants tonight, but Walker in particular was outstanding.
Report Spam   Logged

Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2011, 22:06:38 pm »

Based on tonight I'll go as far as saying that our chances of making the play-offs hinge largely on this player.

He can really make us tick and brings the best out of the players around him. If he stays injury free and maintains his form we have a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2011, 22:40:48 pm »

I don't know if it's going to be all about him, but he certainly helps. I do like the idea of Walker playmaking (like Thornton without the fat) and Osman mopping up everything behind him.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2011, 22:44:37 pm »

Is Walker really that much better than Thornton?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 22:45:11 pm »

Is Walker really that much better than Thornton?

On the evidence of tonight, yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: