The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:34:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

censorship/login problems

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: censorship/login problems  (Read 9431 times)
guest168

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 08:41:37 am »

It's not about being 'yes men' - I would have loved to have a face-to-face conversation with Constantine about his work rate and told him my view of it. I would also like to have a face-to-face conversation with DC about his interests in the club for football reasons and property development reasons and where the balance lies. It's really valuable to the club to know the fans' opinions and we're all entitled to our views. But we all know, really, where the line is and where opinion just becomes abuse - and sometimes it's fun to over-step that line but fun has a consequence sometimes.

What rubbish, you only had to wait 20 minutes or after a home game to speak with any player.

Can't comment on anything else I'm afraid only to say that I ALWAYS have the best interests of NTFC at heart

Please keep posting and keep this great messageboard alive
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 12:48:49 pm »

Can't comment on anything else I'm afraid only to say that I ALWAYS have the best interests of NTFC at heart
Stirring the s*** and pissing off the chairman is all part of your masterplan then I take it?
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2010, 21:07:59 pm »

The point is Random that any views/comments expressed by you maybe tainted by previous remarks. I doubt if many on here will view any of yr current/future comments favourably again. Your bad news Mate and the sooner you go the better. Frankly the board is better of without you  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 21:29:36 pm »

Well said Drilling and Alton, this board seems to be saturated with yes men.

NTFC's heavy handed, paranoid approach to this matter has made them look ridiculous in my eyes

If this is how NTFC respond to some comments on a messageboard I can only imagine how poorly they handle matters of any genuine seriousness. No wonder the club I love has gone so far downhill in the past few years. I never thought I would catch myself wishing for a return of the Stonhill.

Who on here really ever took Manwork seriously?

I generally agree with yr comments but surely the "Club" had had enough of offensive and/or abusive comments. TBH they were discourteous in the extreme - "postees"  are just as likely to be put off by these type of posts. There are standards to be observed even on a message board such as ours.
Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2010, 23:16:36 pm »

I generally agree with yr comments but surely the "Club" had had enough of offensive and/or abusive comments. TBH they were discourteous in the extreme - "postees"  are just as likely to be put off by these type of posts. There are standards to be observed even on a message board such as ours.

I always enjoy and respect your comments Everbrite but we just simply have differing opinions.

I'm guessing the fact that the board had to close down was due to pressure from the club being, in my opinion, precious about comments on an internet messageboard that is there for fans to offer their opinions wether they are in support of the club or not. If "postees" are offended then I am affraid I think they are being precious also.

I despise Manworks sick Sectarianism and his hatred of my family but it is just his opinion and if there is one thing I know I don't want it is for everybody on here to agree with each other and kowtow to David Cardoza because he doesn't like people being nasty to him, bless him.

I personally see David Cardozas time here as a failure. Last season we finished lower than any time since, well years before he arrived. On top of that we are said to be £8 million pounds in debt to him. If David Cardoza was manager and had a record like that he would have sacked himself a long time back. And don't forget, he is still in charge.

Successfully?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »

Ralap - we have differing opinions but you appear to be missing the point. The point is that some messages were offensive in the extreme and personal too and I personally did not find it at all pleasant to read them. I dont believe NTFC are stifling the message board but are merely warning postees to mind what they say. The plain fact is that this message board standards have nosedived since two particular ewarriors began to post salacious comments. Unfotrunately some/most barrack room lawyers fail to comprehend when they have crossed the line. Your drift on DC perceived success/non success and personal affronts to postees maybe be true but it is not the point.

For a balanced view of the situation see comments by Steve Riches.

Report Spam   Logged

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2010, 15:23:07 pm »

Ralap - we have differing opinions but you appear to be missing the point. The point is that some messages were offensive in the extreme and personal too and I personally did not find it at all pleasant to read them. I dont believe NTFC are stifling the message board but are merely warning postees to mind what they say. The plain fact is that this message board standards have nosedived since two particular ewarriors began to post salacious comments. Unfotrunately some/most barrack room lawyers fail to comprehend when they have crossed the line. Your drift on DC perceived success/non success and personal affronts to postees maybe be true but it is not the point.

For a balanced view of the situation see comments by Steve Riches.

Fair enough Everbrite, it wouldn't be right of me to debate the situation with you as I was having a break from the board and then my computer went pop about the time of the 'Sinking ship' thread. I saw maybe the first couple of pages of the thread and I can't remember anything he said that offended me but I have come to the conclusion that I am far less easy to offend than the majority on the board especially Steve who has come up with some ridculous rants on here. I seem to remember one where he didn't want people swearing at Sixfields, enough said.

I still would prefer to have the likes of Manwork and Random about offending people with their comments than have a shower of happy clappy precious do gooders who get offended at the slightest thing. That is obviously what the club want and they proved that to me with their ridiculous heavy handed approach.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2010, 15:40:15 pm »

Would that be the same Steve Riches as launched a highly vitriolic and totally unjustified attack on Cobblers' fans in his Chron column after a game at Chesetrfield a couple of seasons back?  That was a game when our away fans were crammed into the seating area that had way few too many seats for the numbers there, resulting in some instances 10 fans sitting on a bench row of seats designed for 6, and then he accused us of instigating trouble with their stewards.  And that was after I'd stuck up for him after Cobblers fans hurled abuse at hims and his kids in Frodsham (if my memory serves me correct) on an away trip to Tranmere, and then again at Swindon.  

I'm with you Ralph.  Manwork overstepped the mark by calling DC something that was inappropriate (ultimately leading to DC doing the Q&A), and that should have been moderated and wasn't, but the questions he raised in the shipping sink thread were not form my memory inappropriate and seem to have hit a raw nerve.  It would appear that Fortress Sixfields has taken on a whole new meaning.  What amazes me most in this whole episode is the deafening silence from the Trust.  Does it still exist?

Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2010, 15:59:52 pm »

Would that be the same Steve Riches as launched a highly vitriolic and totally unjustified attack on Cobblers' fans in his Chron column after a game at Chesetrfield a couple of seasons back?  That was a game when our away fans were crammed into the seating area that had way few too many seats for the numbers there, resulting in some instances 10 fans sitting on a bench row of seats designed for 6, and then he accused us of instigating trouble with their stewards.  And that was after I'd stuck up for him after Cobblers fans hurled abuse at hims and his kids in Frodsham (if my memory serves me correct) on an away trip to Tranmere, and then again at Swindon.  

I'm with you Ralph.  Manwork overstepped the mark by calling DC something that was inappropriate (ultimately leading to DC doing the Q&A), and that should have been moderated and wasn't, but the questions he raised in the shipping sink thread were not form my memory inappropriate and seem to have hit a raw nerve.  It would appear that Fortress Sixfields has taken on a whole new meaning.  What amazes me most in this whole episode is the deafening silence from the Trust.  Does it still exist?

Good point.I know Ant's skinny, but how on earth did he slip into DC's pocket.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2010, 17:59:11 pm »

but the questions he raised in the shipping sink thread were not form my memory inappropriate and seem to have hit a raw nerve.

The problem was the questions he raised in the shipping sink thread were backed up with "facts" that werent true. Football is a business and even at our level there are big sums of money involved, ive always found it amazing how even the most ridiculous posts on here seem to become accepted as fact sometimes. While the action taken may have been a bit over the top i can understand it.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2010, 19:42:42 pm »

The problem was the questions he raised in the shipping sink thread were backed up with "facts" that werent true. Football is a business and even at our level there are big sums of money involved, ive always found it amazing how even the most ridiculous posts on here seem to become accepted as fact sometimes. While the action taken may have been a bit over the top i can understand it.

well done mate - the essential point(s) made clear in a short message. Its amazing how many of us on here just cant manage to grasp this central point
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2010, 20:28:11 pm »

I agree with insider, the Sinking Ship thread was not really that personal, it was only criticisms of how David Cardoza ran the club, and It's ironic that posters on here were doing a great job in defending him. I suspect it was random's comments that caused the fuss. He/she seemed to know a bit too much for their liking, although this is only conjecture, not fact.
Everbrite, you should appreciate the central point is that remarks may or may not be fact, but just imagine saying to someone "It must be true I read it on an internet message board".
The problem now is everyone knows the club take the comments on this board seriously and it's an open invitation for anyone to wind them up. You've only got to take a quick look at other clubs' message boards to realise just how much garbage is written pretending to be fact. The Glazers could have a full time suite of courts to themselves if they chose to respond to the remarks posted about them.
The beauty of this and all message boards is that they are anonymous. Some people for professional or other reasons choose to reveal their identity, but it's only to people who know them and you are even advised to keep it your identity secret.
I don't have any problem with the current chairman, but what happens if in the future we get another McRitchie. Will he be allowed to enjoy the same control over the input here?
The vast majority of supporters don't care about the proposed development around Sixfields, we just want the club to progress. The Cardozas came here with a blaze of publicity and for whatever reason, seven years later we are stuck in the fourth tier. They still have the support of the fans but they need to be careful, we're a fickle bunch.
Take a look at Northampton Town F.C. on Wikipedia, the threat of suing fans is already on there. It's not the sort of publicity anyone would want.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2010, 21:11:05 pm »

Fair enough Everbrite, it wouldn't be right of me to debate the situation with you as I was having a break from the board and then my computer went pop about the time of the 'Sinking ship' thread. I saw maybe the first couple of pages of the thread and I can't remember anything he said that offended me but I have come to the conclusion that I am far less easy to offend than the majority on the board especially Steve who has come up with some ridculous rants on here. I seem to remember one where he didn't want people swearing at Sixfields, enough said.

I still would prefer to have the likes of Manwork and Random about offending people with their comments than have a shower of happy clappy precious do gooders who get offended at the slightest thing. That is obviously what the club want and they proved that to me with their ridiculous heavy handed approach.

Some good discussion between Everbrite and yourself...but think your 2nd paragraph hits the nail completely on the head. Really, nothing sums the site/NTFC and the situation better.
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2010, 21:34:08 pm »

I'm past caring now to be honest.

The thing which rankles with me most is its not longer fun supporting NTFC, always seems to be something wrong somewhere and its no longer just worrying about whether we will play 442 or 433 or whether so and so will be fit etc....supporting NTFC has become a chore and pisses me right off.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2010, 22:30:45 pm »

I'm past caring now to be honest.

The thing which rankles with me most is its not longer fun supporting NTFC, always seems to be something wrong somewhere and its no longer just worrying about whether we will play 442 or 433 or whether so and so will be fit etc....supporting NTFC has become a chore and pisses me right off.

You cared enough to post that though.
I reckon when we actually start playing games the formation will be relevant.
Note to GW and NTFC - watch this one - he's already annoyed and could be trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2010, 22:47:38 pm »

With regards to the way it was handled by NTFC, it'd be nice to know if they approached the Marquis beforehand informing him of their intentions. In my opinion, that would've been the right way to deal with it, to remove content and warn people without all the huffing and puffing that has taken place
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2010, 22:59:06 pm »

Note to GW and NTFC - watch this one - he's already annoyed and could be trouble.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2010, 23:13:48 pm »

Before the start of the season it should be made clear that 1/ employees of NTFC are not permitted to veiw these postings of NTFC supporters as they may not contain accurate and honest material, and all readers should not believe all thats written 2/ The owners of this forum can not be liable for untrue postings on here and ask NTFC employees not to veiw postings as this is likely to cause offence. .... now can we get on with it?
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2010, 09:14:10 am »

You cared enough to post that though.
I reckon when we actually start playing games the formation will be relevant.

It was either speak to the wife or post some random bollocks on here, easy decision of course!
Report Spam   Logged
dodger

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2010, 18:03:51 pm »

Whats aseems to be overlooked there are laws in this country and the internet is not immune from their enforcement, and it is mo defence to say that nobody took the remarks seriously.

Perhaps we should consider that we still have a board whilst others have been closed permanently in certain circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: