The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 03:00:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Richards or Revell, WHY?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richards or Revell, WHY?  (Read 2875 times)
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 14:45:16 pm »

He needs to get shot of Revell and quick. We shouldn't be carring both.

Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 14:59:01 pm »

Both should go we need to look towards the future. We need to start Long and rotate Icao and Lobjoit
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest3063

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 15:12:37 pm »

Rico has been a great servant to the football club but I was very surprised when he was offered a new contract at the end of last season. If the investment had arrived in April I can bet he wouldn't still be here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 17:50:25 pm »

Richards and Revell are yesterdays people and even the way they play is yesterdays tactics.
Possesion is valuable NOT lumping up to a centre forward for knockdowns.
We have good players this year with the addition of a goalkeeper and new pacey striker.

PACE is king!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 18:14:09 pm »

Rico should never have been given a new contract and Revell should have been offloaded .
Neither should be starting a game .
Waters has played well in the hole and I would keep him there but he needs to get forward more and not play too deep .
Maybe Lobjoit should start alongside Long .
Our problem is width and midfield energy . Not sure where Powell and Bowditch fit in at all unless we play 442
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 18:34:41 pm »

Revell and Richards are past it. Simple.
I AGREE, SAD BUT TRUE.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 21:36:17 pm »

Anyone getting on Ricos back needs to do one! I made that mistake last season and wont be again!!

Man scored 13 goals in an awful team last year and he will get goals this year no doubt. Added to that he bring experience to the team for players like Long and Walters. If we got rid of him the crys wouls be 'we need experience to bring on the pitch' blar blar

Rev however i agree
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 21:49:13 pm »

Anyone getting on Ricos back needs to do one! I made that mistake last season and wont be again!!

Man scored 13 goals in an awful team last year and he will get goals this year no doubt. Added to that he bring experience to the team for players like Long and Walters. If we got rid of him the crys wouls be 'we need experience to bring on the pitch' blar blar

Rev however i agree

2016/17;
Rico 13 goals in 45 appearances (14 Sub)
Revs 10 goals in 39 appearances (4 sub)

Am I the only one who doesn't see a massive difference in those stats?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 21:49:36 pm »

Rico should never have been given a new contract and Revell should have been offloaded .
Neither should be starting a game .
Waters has played well in the hole and I would keep him there but he needs to get forward more and not play too deep .
Maybe Lobjoit should start alongside Long .
Our problem is width and midfield energy . Not sure where Powell and Bowditch fit in at all unless we play 442

Definitely true!!

Not one player in our team will get 12 goals a seaso, let alone the 20+ season striker a side needs to compete at the top end of the table. The question is two weeks into the season where does Jed get one from???

The truth of the matter is it should have been sorted weeks ago (as with the keeper). The only way I can see it happening is a panic buy, shelling out a safe of cash on someone like akinde or Bogle, which are prob neither the answer
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 21:51:04 pm »

2016/17;

Facts are there, neither are good enough
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 21:53:08 pm »

Facts are there, neither are good enough

I'm not fighting to have either in the team, just don't think the stick Revell gets in comparison to Rico is proportionate.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 22:03:08 pm »

I'm not fighting to have either in the team, just don't think the stick Revell gets in comparison to Rico is proportionate.

Agree mate for me nothing between them really.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 06:13:20 am »

2016/17;

Not just about stats. Ricos a leader , offers more bite and is more consistant. Reves goals came mainly at start if season a nd he tailed off big time.

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:06 am »

The problem is more so the set up of the team rather than these two old horses being the route 'issue'.

Put it this way. Rico's strength in the main (other than scoring goals) is his link up play. In this formation and set up he's got no one to link with. So that essentially neutralises his presence. Whilst Rev's strength is his worth ethic and arial ability.At Shrewsbury, we didn't get a single cross into the box from open play. On Saturday it took almost 30 minutes to get one in, which was a rubbish delivery. The first one we did get in that was decent, Waters nearly scored from it. In the Second half, a few 'lofted balls in from the likes Of DB', but zero quality.

People should be looking beyond the forwards if they are trying to work out what the issue is. Its very early days, but the two games I've seen (both league ones) we are playing the entire game with every player behind the ball, theres no width at all, no outlet, Waters is dropping back to help the defence and our advanced forward (Rev/Rico) is totally isolated and surrounded by several defenders.

Until we either make this system more fluent or its chucked in the scrap heap (my preference, we would have a great team with a flat back 4 in my opinion) we won't score many goals.

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 07:39:37 am »

Not just about stats. Ricos a leader , offers more bite and is more consistant. Reves goals came mainly at start if season a nd he tailed off big time.

Correct. Despite being the year younger, appears to have declined heavily since last autumn. Could still be recovering from injury much like Rico was at this point last season though...
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:14 am »

Not one player in our team will get 12 goals a seaso, let alone the 20+ season striker a side needs to compete at the top end of the table. The question is two weeks into the season where does Jed get one from???

Only two players last season scored 20+  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest170

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 08:20:33 am »

I think it was right to offer Richards a contact, but mainly so that he can coach, help and mentor the younger strikers but also give us an option when needed. The best way to use him is mainly as a sub, or if any team have big aggressive centrehalfs as he has the experience to deal with them that some of the younger players may not.
I have only seen Saturdays game so cant really say who should be playing but Long and Waters both look useful and the likes of Lobjoit as a quick impact sub.
I like Revell but agree its maybe time for him to go
Report Spam   Logged
ClaretCobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 08:41:11 am »

I'm curious as to when the last time Rico or Revs actually had a clear cut chance created for them... or when a ball with any sort of quality was given to them in the box... everything is launched to them in the air and they have no choice but to flick it on or try and bring it down on the chest.

I actually feel sorry for them both. I'd hate to play up front in a team that creates the amount of chances we do for the Strikers.

Wide men that can cross a ball would be a start, and central midfielders/attacking midfielders willing to run with the ball or split a defence with a pass would be a good start.

Give them the service and they will score.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 11:48:18 am »

Do you know that Revell is not a leader as well?

I'd say Revell end of last season/start of this is a good resemblance to Rico 12 months before. Revs was over used by Page the first half of last season, his Dad passed away and he got a pretty bad injury, there are strong mitigating factors to him tailing off. If he hadn't have had all that he may well of outscored Rico comfortably last year
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 12:02:51 pm »

Give them the service and they will score.

this is the crucial bit - you can be as quick as you want (waters) - but he missed 2 sitters from inside the 6 yard box on saturday, and that inevitably cost us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: