The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:46:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Boro at home (Satdee)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boro at home (Satdee)  (Read 14311 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2017, 22:22:38 pm »

Abysmal performance and a miserable Nene derby. We were never in it and like many others knew what was coming when I saw the team sheet. 5 at the back, no width and the two old men up top AGAIN which hasn't worked before. There is some talent in this squad but it's not being utilised. JED is responsible for this and needs to go now. A poor crowd as well, over 1,000 empty seats. Pish recruit exciting talent and play them and get some success, often sell on the talent for millions and do it again. We recruit some talent and young prospects and leave them out and eventually get rid. Why not give Lobjoit, Icifano and the likes a chance. Sticking with R & R and a back 5 with two full backs is suicidal management. I sat there today almost in tears, so bloody p1ssed off. We've got two weeks to sort this out.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2017, 22:46:39 pm »

We weren't good.  But despite not really troubling the goal, I did actually think we played ok until the first goal and with grimes in the team we seemed to be adapting to the formation better (maybe because of p€sh playing the same).

The argument of R and R playing together has to go hand in hand with the way we play! If grimes is going to keep knocking balls in the box like that non stop then dropping both of them will make things worse. I'm not anti them playing together but it needs to be in a team with natural width with lots of crosses!

And.... as if the result wasn't bad enough, my lad picked his shirt up after the game that had been printed, and the printing isn't even ok properly! Got to go back on Tuesday and swap it for a better prepared one. Oh the irony!
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2017, 10:49:56 am »

Didn't really want to post on here as I'm still fuming about yesterday but here goes.

Got to the ground really early, then had to go back to my car as the stewards in the car park were not happy with me leaving my windows open an inch. I'm a big fat c***, so I was knackered by the time I sat down. The change of keeper surprised me, but those who were in the ground seemed pleased to get Cornell out of the team. Then came the announcement everyone was dreading, Rico and Revs together. I'm not sure how JE could work out that this would be our best chance of winning. Even if Long could not play a full game, we have Waters (a player we beat other teams to the signing of) and Iaciofano/Lobjoit who are scoring in reserve games and offer some pace/guile alongside and experienced pro like Rico/Revs.

This pretty much destroyed any hope that most had about how this game was going to end.

First thirty minutes:

Barring a couple of chances, we looked solid. Coddington had got up in the air and claimed some balls into the box and shown some good kicking, Crooks and Grimes were linking up well with McWilliams mopping up, Revs was winning everything in the air and Rico was holding it up where he could. The problem we had was that we never looked like scoring during this period as once Rico/Revs had the ball, there was never anyone running off of them or looking to get in behind. The ball simply went backwards and started again.

The rest of the game:

We allowed Edwards to run half the pitch and take a free pot shot at goal. Haven't seen the highlights yet, but the way we are set up this should not be happening. Lots of people blaming Coddington. The key thing for me here was that the crowd was fully behind the team up until this point. But when we look out onto the pitch expecting the players to be geeing each other up, trying to provoke a response and we see them all with heads down and hands on hips, I'm not surprised we got rolled over for the rest of the game. The support was pretty much gone as we struggled to string two or three passes together and continued to lump the ball up front. The switch to 4-4-2 was amusing, poor McWilliams ended up being dumped at right wing (although he did beat a man here and put a cross in) but for some reason we still had acres of space in the middle of the park for them to waltz through us repeatedly. They worked out they could get in behind Barnett when Moloney kept getting caught out high up the pitch and we had two or three lucky escapes before the third went in. 4-3-3 lead to much of the same and I think Pierre may have got some more plaudits if he hadn't given the pen away.

The most upsetting thing for me was that only two players came out and faced the music when applauding the supporters, Buchs and Revs. Buchs took some pretty hefty abuse without retaliation, I cannot understand why the manager is not out there as well as making ALL the players go and applaud the support, I for one wanted to tell McWilliams he had done well.

Player Ratings:

Coddington - 4 - A baptism of fire, caught a few balls into the box and his kicking was good. Looked jittery after conceding the first two, a few times went to come for the ball and then changed his mind and retreated.

Buchs - 6 - Still looked at sea in a 5-3-2 but was much, much better when we went to four at the back.

Moloney - 4 - Had an awful game, the worst I have seen him play in a Cobblers shirt.

Taylor - 5 - Won everything in the air but was caught out on the ground a few times. Sacrificed early to change to 4-4-2.

Pierre - 6 - Had as reasonable a game as you can in a 4-1 drubbing, tried to get people motivated, won in the air and on the ground and looks okay with the ball at his feet too.

Barnett - 5 - Another that won everything in the air but his passing was aimless and caught out numerous times in behind once we switched to four at the back.

McWilliams - 7 - My MoM. Ran his socks off, despite being outnumbered most of the time. Only one that when he lost the ball, actually made efforts to win it back. Hope he gets some more games with JJ being out, he will get better.

Crooks - 5- Looked great for the first 30 and then went AWOL after the goal. Left gaping holes in the midfield when we went 4-4-2 and didn't look to be putting the effort in.

Grimes - 6 - A brilliant half hour, his touch and class definitely shone at this level. However, like most, head dropped after the goals and too often just lumped the ball up front or got caught trying to do too much and wasn't quick enough getting back.

Rico - 5 - Did what he could but him and Revs just don't work together upfront as they are too similar.

Revs - 7 - Did exactly what was asked of him. Won plenty of flick ons, but nobody was there to run on to them. Scored our goal from a good Grimes corner, chased everything down as he normally does. Not sure why he gets so much stick.

Subs:

Powell - 6 - Tried to get things moving and made a difference. Wasn't a huge amount of end product but more suited to being a winger than a wing back for sure.

Waters - 5 - Didn't really manage to get involved, ran into trouble more often than not when he did.

Long - 6 - Didn't look fit or happy, was better at reading the flicks from Revell than anyone though, must wonder what he has let himself in for.

Excuse the massive post, just wanted to get this out of my system and go into hiding.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2017, 20:52:06 pm »

^^^ really good post. I agree with the vast majority.

I give grimes a bit more credit than you do, just for always wanting the ball for the full 90 mins.

I agree about the players applauding fans and fair play to Revs and Buchs for doing just that.

I was at first annoyed that JED went straight down the tunnel but then on reflection, the bloke had just watched his team lose 4-1 and had 60 mins of the crowd calling him a useless youknowwhat and singing that he should be sacked. I probably wouldn't applaud those people either.

Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
guest2995

« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2017, 20:59:19 pm »

Didn't really want to post on here as I'm still fuming about yesterday but here goes.

Got to the ground really early, then had to go back to my car as the stewards in the car park were not happy with me leaving my windows open an inch. I'm a big fat ****, so I was knackered by the time I sat down. The change of keeper surprised me, but those who were in the ground seemed pleased to get Cornell out of the team. Then came the announcement everyone was dreading, Rico and Revs together. I'm not sure how JE could work out that this would be our best chance of winning. Even if Long could not play a full game, we have Waters (a player we beat other teams to the signing of) and Iaciofano/Lobjoit who are scoring in reserve games and offer some pace/guile alongside and experienced pro like Rico/Revs.

This pretty much destroyed any hope that most had about how this game was going to end.

First thirty minutes:

Barring a couple of chances, we looked solid. Coddington had got up in the air and claimed some balls into the box and shown some good kicking, Crooks and Grimes were linking up well with McWilliams mopping up, Revs was winning everything in the air and Rico was holding it up where he could. The problem we had was that we never looked like scoring during this period as once Rico/Revs had the ball, there was never anyone running off of them or looking to get in behind. The ball simply went backwards and started again.

The rest of the game:

We allowed Edwards to run half the pitch and take a free pot shot at goal. Haven't seen the highlights yet, but the way we are set up this should not be happening. Lots of people blaming Coddington. The key thing for me here was that the crowd was fully behind the team up until this point. But when we look out onto the pitch expecting the players to be geeing each other up, trying to provoke a response and we see them all with heads down and hands on hips, I'm not surprised we got rolled over for the rest of the game. The support was pretty much gone as we struggled to string two or three passes together and continued to lump the ball up front. The switch to 4-4-2 was amusing, poor McWilliams ended up being dumped at right wing (although he did beat a man here and put a cross in) but for some reason we still had acres of space in the middle of the park for them to waltz through us repeatedly. They worked out they could get in behind Barnett when Moloney kept getting caught out high up the pitch and we had two or three lucky escapes before the third went in. 4-3-3 lead to much of the same and I think Pierre may have got some more plaudits if he hadn't given the pen away.

The most upsetting thing for me was that only two players came out and faced the music when applauding the supporters, Buchs and Revs. Buchs took some pretty hefty abuse without retaliation, I cannot understand why the manager is not out there as well as making ALL the players go and applaud the support, I for one wanted to tell McWilliams he had done well.

Player Ratings:

Coddington - 4 - A baptism of fire, caught a few balls into the box and his kicking was good. Looked jittery after conceding the first two, a few times went to come for the ball and then changed his mind and retreated.

Buchs - 6 - Still looked at sea in a 5-3-2 but was much, much better when we went to four at the back.

Moloney - 4 - Had an awful game, the worst I have seen him play in a Cobblers shirt.

Taylor - 5 - Won everything in the air but was caught out on the ground a few times. Sacrificed early to change to 4-4-2.

Pierre - 6 - Had as reasonable a game as you can in a 4-1 drubbing, tried to get people motivated, won in the air and on the ground and looks okay with the ball at his feet too.

Barnett - 5 - Another that won everything in the air but his passing was aimless and caught out numerous times in behind once we switched to four at the back.

McWilliams - 7 - My MoM. Ran his socks off, despite being outnumbered most of the time. Only one that when he lost the ball, actually made efforts to win it back. Hope he gets some more games with JJ being out, he will get better.

Crooks - 5- Looked great for the first 30 and then went AWOL after the goal. Left gaping holes in the midfield when we went 4-4-2 and didn't look to be putting the effort in.

Grimes - 6 - A brilliant half hour, his touch and class definitely shone at this level. However, like most, head dropped after the goals and too often just lumped the ball up front or got caught trying to do too much and wasn't quick enough getting back.

Rico - 5 - Did what he could but him and Revs just don't work together upfront as they are too similar.

Revs - 7 - Did exactly what was asked of him. Won plenty of flick ons, but nobody was there to run on to them. Scored our goal from a good Grimes corner, chased everything down as he normally does. Not sure why he gets so much stick.

Subs:

Powell - 6 - Tried to get things moving and made a difference. Wasn't a huge amount of end product but more suited to being a winger than a wing back for sure.

Waters - 5 - Didn't really manage to get involved, ran into trouble more often than not when he did.

Long - 6 - Didn't look fit or happy, was better at reading the flicks from Revell than anyone though, must wonder what he has let himself in for.

Excuse the massive post, just wanted to get this out of my system and go into hiding.  Grin
Revell 7 ? Are you sure ? Absolutely useless .
As for applauding the crowd - I wouldn't bother . I would rather see a performance on the pitch .
Our attendance was appalling for that game .
Peterborough out performed us , out supported us and embarrassed us as a club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2017, 21:21:16 pm »

As for applauding the crowd - I wouldn't bother . I would rather see a performance on the pitch .

You don't like Revell much, do you?
Report Spam   Logged
fwalden

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2017, 21:24:16 pm »

Check these odds out for the game.  Posh to win by 3 goals or more.....14/1!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/event/21136841

Did anyone take this up? Had a fiver on it pre game and then as soon as the lineups were announced I immediately stuck a further £10 on Boro to win btts at 7/2! It so bad 3-1 / 4-1 written all over it.
Most sickening win ever but completely and undeniably predictable. Can't believe we need to probably endure another couple of games with this Buffoon until he's finally sacked but at least we can make some money on the games he's got left to "manage".
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
guest2995

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2017, 21:26:28 pm »

You don't like Revell much, do you?
I have nothing against him - I think he tries hard but I just don't see where people get the idea either he or Rico played well yesterday . They were awful .
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2017, 21:38:00 pm »

Yep.

His job yesterday seemed to be have the ball lumped up to you and win it as much as you can. He won pretty much every flick on from what I saw, and very rarely had the ball played into his chest or feet to be able to hold it. He was mobile enough to chase the ball down at every opportunity, gave his all and did the main job of a striker which is scoring a goal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm interested to hear what else you thought he should of done or if you just think it is a bit high as most were woeful yesterday?

I agree attendance for our big derby was awful, some people will still be on holiday but I put it down the boring football we are playing.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: