The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 06:32:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Who next????

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who next????  (Read 30027 times)
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 21:21:28 pm »

Problem with Knill is that he's a much better number 2 isn't he?
Terrible record as a manager
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 21:23:17 pm »

KT & the Sunshine Band

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 21:25:24 pm »

Alan Knill

Knill has previously said he never wants to manage again. Happy as a number 2

Him and our beloved CW are a package I'm afraid
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 21:29:00 pm »

Nigel Adkins?
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 21:36:38 pm »

Nigel Adkins?

No thanks. Massive failure at Sheffield United with a huge budget. A bit of a tactical dinosaur too by all accounts.

The conveyor belt of failed managers who get touted for every job (ala Danny Wilson) will no doubt be in the mix and I hope we don't go down that road. Although, JFH could be an interesting appointment. He wouldn't take any s***e...that "look" would keep the players on their toes!

Be nice to bring in an attack minded manager for once...

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 21:40:17 pm »

Nigel Adkins?

Things seem to be very much heading the wrong way with him. Did great at Sc***horpe and Southampton, pretty rancid with Reading and Sheffield Utd, also very prone to odd comments post match, not dissimilar to Boothroyd. Similar to McDermott for me in that there are question marks over them.

That said I doubt we'll get anyone who hasn't been sacked/below par in at least one of their jobs. Part of the reason I wanted Cowley is that he's improved every team he's been at and left them in better positions. Not sure if people would accept a gamble on an up and coming non league manager though.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 21:40:55 pm »

Can't quite believe this thread. Yes the football is crap and I have posted before about being bored out of my mind watching us but give the man a chance to change it. And before any of you say he has had it, just remember he has improved the team that finished last season, we are only THREE games in, we could still win the bloody league ( OK maybe not) but still!                                                         If he doesn't get fired this week are you going to pray for a win for Peterborough on Saturday? Some of our fans....  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 21:43:39 pm »

Be nice to bring in an attack minded manager for once...

Surely, if KT has learned anything from his previous 2 appointments this is the first criteria for any new manager. And I mean that looking at his track record not what is said in an interview. I seem to remember both Page and JED talked a lot about attacking football and being on the front foot early in their reigns. Both blatantly to scared to lose games to take the shackles off.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 21:45:06 pm »

Can't quite believe this thread. Yes the football is crap and I have posted before about being bored out of my mind watching us but give the man a chance to change it. And before any of you say he has had it, just remember he has improved the team that finished last season, we are only THREE games in, we could still win the bloody league ( OK maybe not) but still!                                                         If he doesn't get fired this week are you going to pray for a win for Peterborough on Saturday? Some of our fans....  Roll Eyes

But we've started this season worse than last, with a much improved squad and supposedly a superior manager / back room staff. That's ignoring how awful we were, under his stewardship, at the end of last season
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 21:49:47 pm »

Fair points regarding Adkins.

Ridiculous To say we shouldn't be discussing this, he's improved the squad but not the results.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2017, 21:57:46 pm »

I agree we need to give him time .
However , it's not just this season - it was last season and pre season as well .
We have been well below par for a while
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2017, 22:17:31 pm »

It doesn't have to be an established manager from the circuit. Fairly fashionable now to go with an assistant from higher up with a bit of tactical nous or from abroad. See Oxford and Huddersfield.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2017, 22:24:39 pm »

It doesn't have to be an established manager from the circuit. Fairly fashionable now to go with an assistant from higher up with a bit of tactical nous or from abroad. See Oxford and Huddersfield.

And it's down to the coaching quality .
JED is good with people but I think he needs a good coach .
Wilder owes a lot to Knill
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2017, 07:39:28 am »

Ryan Giggs

Before anyone says well out of reach, the man himself has stated he would take a league one job and gives the Chinese investors a BIG name to parade about

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-giggs-reveals-league-one-9288890

Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 07:51:13 am »

That is 10 months old and he still hasn't got a manager's job.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 08:09:49 am »

Let's not pretend that Giggs coming to Sixfields would be anything other than a massive coup. Lampard too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2017, 08:13:30 am »

Sadly at the moment we already have a manager.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2017, 08:15:00 am »

Offer Wilder/Knill huge amounts of money?
Report Spam   Logged
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2017, 08:51:25 am »

Ryan Giggs

Before anyone says well out of reach, the man himself has stated he would take a league one job and gives the Chinese investors a BIG name to parade about

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ryan-giggs-reveals-league-one-9288890

Its not out of the realms of possibility but my God that would be amazing....

Giggs would want to manage a club with some finances as he'll have plenty of contacts / friends in the game that would come do a job on loan.

He would command the utmost respect from the fans, players and shareholders that's for sure. Marketing input to the Club from around Northants would increase spectacularly.

I agree giving managers time but after witnessing that first game at Shrewsbury I knew it was the beginning of the end for the man.

My real concern about JED is not necessarily his lack of tactical awareness, but he comes across to me as unintelligent (an awful thing to say I know but just my observation).  I appreciate that shouldn't prevent someone being a successful manager but his inability to speak fluently with commanding presence and knowledge on camera will only translate to the players as "this guy is f****** clueless, why should we listen to him?" 

If we persist with him, the more senior players in the team will start seeing through him and it will create tension and division in the camp.  The sad reality is that I believe KT will give him as much time as possible to turn things around when he knows deep down now that he should pull the plug whilst there is still time.... instead of getting 10 games in and finding ourselves in the bottom 4 with 7 points and the season then becoming a write off and salvage mission.

Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
defender

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2017, 09:06:32 am »

I could not believe the lack of common sense, when we  appointed him straght after the gills sacked him. If he wassn't any good there what the hell made us think that we took him on!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: