The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:21:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Controversy

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversy  (Read 4560 times)
oop_north

Badges: (View All)
« on: August 26, 2017, 21:43:00 pm »

NTFC is rotten to the core.

It makes no difference who is the "Gaffer".  Any success will be short-lived, because as soon as the team/club has success, the team manager will know that NTFC does not have the football backing to go further.  They will either leave for pastures anew, else wither on the vine.

The club is doomed to be owned by short-termists looking to make a quick quid or two (from the land..... etc).  The team is doomed to be an also-ran.

What is happening on the field may not be due to the players or the manager.  There may be other factors at play which are acting as a disruptive factor, and preventing all from achieving their true potential.

This message board shows what kind of rotten-to-the-core club we have.  Argumentative bell-ends rule; odd views prevail by sheer arrogance and abusive contradiction of differing views; constructive comments are ignored or shouted down; alternative assessments are criticised for being alternative; the unwise, extreme and bigoted hold sway; the free-thinkers and agile of mind are painted as deranged; discussion is discouraged, despite the best efforts of the moderators; for some life-long supporters of NTFC, it is easier to take on Millwall Bushwackers single-handedly, than to try to put forward a view which the keyboard assassins on here object to.

The downward spiral the club is in (once again) befits our in-fighting and in-bred attitudes.

Congratulations, one and all!!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 21:49:23 pm »

I thought we were cr@p because we had a sh1t manager.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 21:56:34 pm »

Football* is rotten to its core.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 21:59:36 pm »

NTFC is rotten to the core.

It makes no difference who is the "Gaffer".  Any success will be short-lived, because as soon as the team/club has success, the team manager will know that NTFC does not have the football backing to go further.  They will either leave for pastures anew, else wither on the vine.

The club is doomed to be owned by short-termists looking to make a quick quid or two (from the land..... etc).  The team is doomed to be an also-ran.

What is happening on the field may not be due to the players or the manager.  There may be other factors at play which are acting as a disruptive factor, and preventing all from achieving their true potential.

This message board shows what kind of rotten-to-the-core club we have.  Argumentative bell-ends rule; odd views prevail by sheer arrogance and abusive contradiction of differing views; constructive comments are ignored or shouted down; alternative assessments are criticised for being alternative; the unwise, extreme and bigoted hold sway; the free-thinkers and agile of mind are painted as deranged; discussion is discouraged, despite the best efforts of the moderators; for some life-long supporters of NTFC, it is easier to take on Millwall Bushwackers single-handedly, than to try to put forward a view which the keyboard assassins on here object to.

The downward spiral the club is in (once again) befits our in-fighting and in-bred attitudes.

Congratulations, one and all!!!!!!

Yep, brilliant there...Beds Cobbs has been saying that for the last three seasons!
Anything new to add?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 22:02:44 pm »

I understand your pessimism but our championship winning year proved that if the right
management team is in place then the whole club can be galvanised and pull together, no matter the off-field circumstances.

The Chinese money has enabled us to outbid Sc***horpe on players and pick up some of the most coveted prospects from the league below. For me that doesn't smack of us being a 'tin pot' club. KT appears to have made significant progress in developing the business side of the club.

What we all need is a manager with a tactical brain and a degree of attacking intent. When we get one the mood will improve immeasurably.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 22:05:20 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 22:03:26 pm »

Posted a few months ago that NTFC is a tinpot club on and off the pitch, pretty much the same view as "oop north"
Shame really as the fans are a good bunch, proper people. Just the club is not going anywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
oop_north

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 22:07:18 pm »

Yep, brilliant there...Beds Cobbs has been saying that for the last three seasons!

Thank you.  Deference to previous posts from Beds Cobbs.  The difference is, I am not advocating any investment.  Just stating some points.  Thank you for your obtuse second paragraph.  You justified it all..... xxxxxxx
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 22:12:22 pm »

I understand your pessimism but our championship winning year proved that if the right
management team is in place then the whole club can be galvanised and pull together, no matter the off-field circumstances.

The Chinese money has enabled us to outbid Sc***horpe on players and pick up some of the most coveted prospects from the league below. For me that doesn't smack of us being a 'tin pot' club. KT appears to have made significant progress in developing the business side of the club.

What we all need is a manager with a tactical brain and a degree of attacking intent. When we get one the mood will improve immeasurably.

I understand your desire, and that is admirable.

My point is that, behind all of this, football is a business.  People put money in to it, to get more money out.  Those investors get more out by having a smart business plan.  That business plan is hidden from us fans.  So, we have a message board to vent our frustrations, while those with the money work out how to make their money.....
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 22:13:47 pm »

Posted a few months ago that NTFC is a tinpot club on and off the pitch, pretty much the same view as "oop north"
Shame really as the fans are a good bunch, proper people. Just the club is not going anywhere.

Kudos to you, and not trying to steal your thunder.

UTC!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 22:14:04 pm »

You lot going on Tuesday 29th August v Cambridge? Just asking as they say on here.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
oop_north

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 22:14:19 pm »

I thought we were cr@p because we had a sh1t manager.

LOL!
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 22:15:35 pm »

Football* is rotten to its core.

Exactly!

So long as us fans are fed morsels of comfort every now and then, the money will flow into the coffers of the owners.....
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 22:18:49 pm »

You lot going on Tuesday 29th August v Cambridge? Just asking as they say on here.

Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 22:22:43 pm »

I understand your desire, and that is admirable.

My point is that, behind all of this, football is a business.  People put money in to it, to get more money out.  Those investors get more out by having a smart business plan.  That business plan is hidden from us fans.  So, we have a message board to vent our frustrations, while those with the money work out how to make their money.....

I'm not sure I agree. The only people making money from football seem to be the top players and their agents.

I don't mind players earning 5  or even 10 grand a week, it's a short career compared to most. But 500 grand?

If KT makes much out of us I'll be amazed. Let's say we aspire  to have Chelseas success, how much do you think Abramovich has made? About minus 500 million
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 22:29:23 pm »

I'm not sure I agree. The only people making money from football seem to be the top players and their agents.

I don't mind players earning 5  or even 10 grand a week, it's a short career compared to most. But 500 grand?

If KT makes much out of us I'll be amazed. Let's say we aspire  to have Chelseas success, how much do you think Abramovich has made? About minus 500 million

There are differences between Abrabovich and his vanity projects, and those investors in lower league clubs.  Why would someone who has made their money from buying concerns at low prices and selling high invest in a Div2 club on its knees (as it was)?

Thank you for buying into a civilised debate.  Much appreciated, and happy to bash some thoughts about!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 22:33:57 pm »

Great music  Cool but I suppose travelling from up North to watch a nothing game on Tuesday is a little too much to ask.
May I ask please if you have watched any games this/or even last season(s)!
Report Spam   Logged

oop_north

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 22:36:19 pm »

Great music  Cool but I suppose travelling from up North to watch a nothing game on Tuesday is a little too much to ask.
May I ask please if you have watched any games this/or even last season(s)!

I probably watch more games than you can even dream of........
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 22:39:03 pm »

I agree with Rambo. An ambitious and successful businessman is not going to make his millions out of the Cobblers. That is unless they somehow catapult us to the Prem.
Of course they try but it's about egos, promoting other business or if they are lucky enough for the love of the club. Dozy Cardoza threw money at trying to buy the golden ticket before getting in over his head.
I don't begrudge the top players either and their millions. If 50,000 people paid £50 a pop to watch me at work every week (plus shirt sales, sponsorship etc) I'd take a big a cut as I could get. They are effectively the rock stars of sport and living the dream.
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 22:41:56 pm »

I agree with Rambo. An ambitious and successful businessman is not going to make his millions out of the Cobblers. That is unless they somehow catapult us to the Prem.
Of course they try but it's about egos, promoting other business or if they are lucky enough for the love of the club. Dozy Cardoza threw money at trying to buy the golden ticket before getting in over his head.
I don't begrudge the top players either and their millions. If 50,000 people paid £50 a pop to watch me at work every week (plus shirt sales, sponsorship etc) I'd take a big a cut as I could get. They are effectively the rock stars of sport and living the dream.

There are guys that are happy to invest $2M to get $2.5 back after 2 years.........
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 22:42:48 pm »

I probably watch more games than you can even dream of........

Can you not be a little more specific please? We are talking about NTFC?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: