The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:07:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Controversy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controversy  (Read 4558 times)
oop_north

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 22:44:24 pm »

Can you not be a little more specific please? We are talking about NTFC?

At 5:12ish, you can see something worthwhile..... follow it up and you see the rest....

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 22:51:25 pm »

There are guys that are happy to invest $2M to get $2.5 back after 2 years.........

It'd be far easier just to put a few quid on us getting spanked by 3 goals against the P*sh.....
There are far less risky strategies to make 500k with 2mil in the bank than buying a league two football club. In fact, it's one of the last places you'd look. I can imagine the pitch on Dragons Den.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 22:56:23 pm »

At 5:12ish, you can see something worthwhile..... follow it up and you see the rest....

Very good video , but please answer if you have watched any NTFC games this season? Just a simple yes or no.

regards
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
oop_north

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 22:56:55 pm »

Very good video , but please answer if you have watched any NTFC games this season? Just a simple yes or no.

regards

Regards
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 23:08:48 pm »

It'd be far easier just to put a few quid on us getting spanked by 3 goals against the P*sh.....
There are far less risky strategies to make 500k with 2mil in the bank than buying a league two football club. In fact, it's one of the last places you'd look. I can imagine the pitch on Dragons Den.  Grin

Good point....  but, many of these guys that gamble a few $M are doing it because they think they are onto a winner and are picking up something that is already bust.  Ignore the emotion of football for a sec, and think of other businesses.  So, picture....  NTFC tried to pull a fast one under a previous owner, legal &position unknown. The debt is possibly/probably toxic; new owner takes over NTFC & council agrees to wipe off debt to new owner with some previsos; Bingo.......  2 years later, owner can sell 60% for the equivalent of 50% of what they paid......  that is mega profit + profit.  We are not talking Prem League Super-Zillions & Oligarcs, we're talking sharks who can skin you for a few quid.......
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 23:19:24 pm »

For those of you that contributed to that little debate, I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope that you found something interesting to ponder.

My heart is always with NTFC, wherever I may be.

As Janet Webb used to say:  "I love you all".
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 23:19:43 pm »

Regards

Well, one thing is for certain you are not going to advise when you last watched NTFC!
In 2016 Sept 24th is the date you last posted then suddenly reappeared Feb 02 2017; even then there was a time lapse of some months before your current post.I am happy to buy into your current theory but a gut feeling suggests to me that something is not quite as it should be. No doubt "Tel" or the "Marquis" will enlighten some of us on yr theories. Good luck all the same.
Report Spam   Logged

oop_north

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 23:25:18 pm »

Well, one thing is for certain you are not going to advise when you last watched NTFC!
In 2016 Sept 24th is the date you last posted then suddenly reappeared Feb 02 2017; even then there was a time lapse of some months before your current post.I am happy to buy into your current theory but a gut feeling suggests to me that something is not quite as it should be. No doubt "Tel" or the "Marquis" will enlighten some of us on yr theories. Good luck all the same.

Oh, gosh.  If only I had realised that super-spy was on my tail......  Whoooooo is me..... 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 00:04:37 am »

Oh, gosh.  If only I had realised that super-spy was on my tail......  Whoooooo is me..... 

You flatter yourself just made a couple of observations that's all!

Report Spam   Logged

oop_north

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2017, 00:12:19 am »

You flatter yourself just made a couple of observations that's all!

My biggest respects......   xxxxx
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 06:34:47 am »

NTFC is rotten to the core.

It makes no difference who is the "Gaffer".  Any success will be short-lived, because as soon as the team/club has success, the team manager will know that NTFC does not have the football backing to go further.  They will either leave for pastures anew, else wither on the vine.

The club is doomed to be owned by short-termists looking to make a quick quid or two (from the land..... etc).  The team is doomed to be an also-ran.

What is happening on the field may not be due to the players or the manager.  There may be other factors at play which are acting as a disruptive factor, and preventing all from achieving their true potential.

This message board shows what kind of rotten-to-the-core club we have.  Argumentative bell-ends rule; odd views prevail by sheer arrogance and abusive contradiction of differing views; constructive comments are ignored or shouted down; alternative assessments are criticised for being alternative; the unwise, extreme and bigoted hold sway; the free-thinkers and agile of mind are painted as deranged; discussion is discouraged, despite the best efforts of the moderators; for some life-long supporters of NTFC, it is easier to take on Millwall Bushwackers single-handedly, than to try to put forward a view which the keyboard assassins on here object to.

The downward spiral the club is in (once again) befits our in-fighting and in-bred attitudes.

Congratulations, one and all!!!!!!

At the risk of being accused of being "an argumentative bell end" for disagreeing with you, this really is a huge pile of bollocks.

We have a wonderful, family-oriented club to support that conducts itself in a respectable manner off the pitch and plays an active role in the wider community. We also have good people running the show in the shape of KT & partners and James Whiting, who not only saved the club from oblivion but have steadied the ship and, beyond that, have gone out and found the external investment that we'very been crying out for for years. No, it's not working on the pitch at the moment but that shouldn't be allowed to colour anyone's view of the club itself

The club is something the town in general and we in particular as fans should be proud of, and for you to dismiss it as "rotten to the core" is disgraceful and quite frankly insulting.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 07:46:12 am »

I understand your desire, and that is admirable.

My point is that, behind all of this, football is a business.  People put money in to it, to get more money out.  Those investors get more out by having a smart business plan.  That business plan is hidden from us fans.  So, we have a message board to vent our frustrations, while those with the money work out how to make their money.....

I'm not sure I agree. The only people making money from football seem to be the top players and their agents.

I don't mind players earning 5  or even 10 grand a week, it's a short career compared to most. But 500 grand?

If KT makes much out of us I'll be amazed. Let's say we aspire  to have Chelseas success, how much do you think Abramovich has made? About minus 500 million
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2017, 08:43:34 am »

At the risk of being accused of being "an argumentative bell end" for disagreeing with you, this really is a huge pile of bollocks.

We have a wonderful, family-oriented club to support that conducts itself in a respectable manner off the pitch and plays an active role in the wider community. We also have good people running the show in the shape of KT & partners and James Whiting, who not only saved the club from oblivion but have steadied the ship and, beyond that, have gone out and found the external investment that we'very been crying out for for years. No, it's not working on the pitch at the moment but that shouldn't be allowed to colour anyone's view of the club itself

The club is something the town in general and we in particular as fans should be proud of, and for you to dismiss it as "rotten to the core" is disgraceful and quite frankly insulting.

Not sure if I can laud the club as you do but there is nothing argumentative about yr post. Plain speaking always helps! If we had won yesterday then would have lauded everything NTFC!
Report Spam   Logged

Pep

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:45 am »

Been watching them since 1964 and Im afraid its the same old story time and time again and will be until the day they put me to bed. Every time we start to get somewhere we have the rug pulled, we sometimes get lucky (Richard Hill/Morley combo etc) or with the likes of Wilder then we cannot keep them, I thought at last on the terrific away day at Portsmouth that this is a club finally going somewhere, then Wilder goes and its the same old story, such a pity as I must say we have a fantastic set of support and always have had, do not agree with all those who moan at us moaning, its in the Northampton blood, get over it. Better than boring southerners or hyped up Northerners. Keep dreaming..
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2017, 15:37:51 pm »

Been watching them since 1964 and Im afraid its the same old story time and time again and will be until the day they put me to bed. Every time we start to get somewhere we have the rug pulled, we sometimes get lucky (Richard Hill/Morley combo etc) or with the likes of Wilder then we cannot keep them, I thought at last on the terrific away day at Portsmouth that this is a club finally going somewhere, then Wilder goes and its the same old story, such a pity as I must say we have a fantastic set of support and always have had, do not agree with all those who moan at us moaning, its in the Northampton blood, get over it. Better than boring southerners or hyped up Northerners. Keep dreaming..

Thks Pep , decent appraisal. Your right losing Wilder was a hammer 🔨 blow.  Then Holmes left ; even at Charlton we managed to applaud him and he reciprocated. If only!
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 09:03:03 am »

you do realise this could be said of every single other club bar none? Its sound bites like these are strangling our club from real growth.
Not one man of our many previous saviours have done so  without hoping to make a killing from a little out lay.
Wearing sack cloth and ashes will not get us off the bones of our arses anytime soon.
They should be grateful to us not the other way.
Time to demand what all other clubs take for granted.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »

Please stop with the ..... these people saved our club rubbish, they were there when DC was obviously acting not in the best interests of the club yet NONE of them said anything, it was only the Trust that finally woke up and starting asking questions. Yes they were in a difficult position but they all put their own job security first. Maybe they were right to do that, I couldn't but then I had the luxury of not needing a monthly wage from DC to pay my bills.
Of course most of them are decent people and there have been improvements but ultimately we still find ourselves underperforming as a club as a whole. Who take what responsibility and how much of it is open to debate.
Very few Football clubs make money and most chairman put a lot in but most also take an awful lot out, both directly and indirectly. KT is obviously here to make money, which I would think he already has, the final piece of the pie is the land back from NBC, which I hope he doesn't get.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 16:55:30 pm »

If he doesn't agree to redevelop the ground there is no way he should get any land.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 19:54:35 pm »

You'd think the council have learnt their lesson with the land. Having said that, if they can't find the missing millions after spending just shy of another million then nothing would surprise me. I wouldn't blame them if the club never get near that land again without some tangible action, i.e. self funding the building of the East stand to begin with. I don't know about kicking the gift horse, we shot it.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2017, 16:36:33 pm »

Please stop with the ..... these people saved our club rubbish, they were there when DC was obviously acting not in the best interests of the club yet NONE of them said anything, it was only the Trust that finally woke up and starting asking questions. Yes they were in a difficult position but they all put their own job security first. Maybe they were right to do that, I couldn't but then I had the luxury of not needing a monthly wage from DC to pay my bills.
Of course most of them are decent people and there have been improvements but ultimately we still find ourselves underperforming as a club as a whole. Who take what responsibility and how much of it is open to debate.
Very few Football clubs make money and most chairman put a lot in but most also take an awful lot out, both directly and indirectly. KT is obviously here to make money, which I would think he already has, the final piece of the pie is the land back from NBC, which I hope he doesn't get.

Why would you hope WE don't get the land?
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: