The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:22:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Stats - Easier Games to come

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stats - Easier Games to come  (Read 64455 times)
guest170

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2017, 10:17:01 am »

And yet the facts say otherwise.
Last season Sheff Utd had a bad start to the season and lost games. They went on to win the league with 100 points.

The first 4-5 games they were poor that is a fact as proven by the fact they were near the bottom of the league
After the first 4-5 games they were the best team in the division that is a fact proven by the fact the finished top.

The second fact does not mean the first fact is no longer a fact. Fact
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2017, 12:28:12 pm »

And yet the facts say otherwise.

The thing is, your "theory" my hold some water if you were either brave enough, or could be bothered to apply it properly. To do this you'd need to apply it in real time and not let it wander like you do.

the very fact we previously had an average of 0.5 and you've now reset it to zero proves this point. It's mathematically impossible once you've had a positive average for it to then sink to zero.

That is a fact. All you are doing is stating the obvious and trying to wrap some formula around it.

Anyway, I've given you and this this thread way more time than it actually deserves. If you're too obtuse to see the obvious i'll just leave you to it
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2017, 11:16:28 am »

Tough game tonight, yet another top half team, would be happy to nick a point.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2017, 22:15:41 pm »

Update.
Vs top half 1 point in 7 (0.143PPG, Projection 3.42)
Vs bottom half 7 points from 3 (2.333PPG, Projection 51.33)

Total 55pts. As I said, this will rise over the next month due to the upcoming easier (bottom half) teams.

I'm still hopeful of 60+ points.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2017, 22:28:17 pm »

If only football and life was predictable. You might be onto something.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2017, 22:34:21 pm »

If only football and life was predictable. You might be onto something.

Seems pretty predicable to me, we tend to lose to better teams and beat worse team.......who'd have thought it.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2017, 05:39:06 am »

Seems pretty predicable to me, we tend to lose to better teams and beat worse team.......who'd have thought it.

Except that’s not true as proven in a previous post.
Report Spam   Logged
thebof

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2017, 15:21:06 pm »

Update.
Vs top half 1 point in 7 (0.143PPG, Projection 3.42)
Vs bottom half 7 points from 3 (2.333PPG, Projection 51.33)

Call me thick if you want, but we've played 8 of the top 12 teams, not 7.

And 2 of the bottom 12 teams, not 3.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2017, 15:35:45 pm »

Have I/we lost it?
I thought that the stats were founded on those above us and those below us not top half bottom half?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2017, 15:42:07 pm »

Have I/we lost it?
I thought that the stats were founded on those above us and those below us not top half bottom half?

i think the rule is "make it up as you go along"...............at one point it was top half were harder games and bottom half were easier, then it was those above us are harder games, even if they are in the bottom half and those below us were easier.

but of course, none of this matters until the end of the season when under this ludicrous system we know for definite who were the easier games and who were the harder games.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2017, 15:42:58 pm »

Have I/we lost it?

No idea - he can't even stick to the facts it seems! I make it 5 points vs top half and 3 points vs bottom half.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2017, 16:02:16 pm »

Have I/we lost it?
You havent lost it, no 78 has.
And it strikes me that the sole reason, that this pointless thread was not locked a long time ago, is in order to keep up the post counts on this forum. This is my last contribution to this thread. I am sure that no 78 will keep bumping it though. With a smile on his face.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2017, 17:36:26 pm »

No idea - he can't even stick to the facts it seems! I make it 5 points vs top half and 3 points vs bottom half.

Apologies, I was abroad. Correction.

4pts in 8 games vs top half (0.5ppg)
4pts in 2 games vs bottom half (2ppg)
Projection 12pts vs top half, 44pts vs bottom half, total 56pts
Added stat 0pts in 6 games vs top 10.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2017, 17:55:50 pm »

That jigsaw of yours is coming along nicely Cobbler78.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2017, 18:57:14 pm »

That jigsaw of yours is coming along nicely Cobbler78.
He keeps cutting his own pieces out and moving the jigsaw around..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2017, 19:00:21 pm »

Just educating you all on the facts, you're welcome X
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2017, 16:07:51 pm »

Update after Rotherham

The below are facts, not opinions:
Vs Top Half, 2 points in 9 games (Ave 0.22 points per game) Projection 4.89points
Vs Bottom Half, 6 points in 2 games (Ave 3 points per game)  Projection 72 points
Projection 77 points (PlayOffs)

The below is an educated opinion:
Between now and the end of 2017 we have 14 league games, I expect us to pick up over 20 points from these games, as many of them are very winnable, particularly at home. Come the turn of the year we should be on around 30 points from 25 games and on our way to beating last season final position.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2017, 16:11:24 pm »

Update after Rotherham

The below are facts, not opinions:
Vs Top Half, 2 points in 9 games (Ave 0.22 points per game) Projection 4.89points
Vs Bottom Half, 6 points in 2 games (Ave 3 points per game)  Projection 72 points
Projection 77 points (PlayOffs)

The below is an educated opinion:
Between now and the end of 2017 we have 14 league games, I expect us to pick up over 20 points from these games, as many of them are very winnable, particularly at home. Come the turn of the year we should be on around 30 points from 25 games and on our way to beating last season final position.

On what basis are they winnable, we haven't scored in 4 1/2 games?!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2017, 16:18:12 pm »

On what basis are they winnable, we haven't scored in 4 1/2 games?!

Because they are easier games. I thought that was obvious?

You can take the negatives out of us not scoring, but how does that help? Facts are, we've not scored in 4 games, yes, that's awful. But, 3 tough away games and a home game against Bradford, all 4 of these teams are better than us and will be looking for promotion, how many points did we realistically expect from these games? 2 or 3 I guess. These are not that games that will define our season, the next two home games will. I'm expecting 4 or 6 points from those two and 10 points in the next 5 games.

The easier games start right now.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2017, 16:22:11 pm »

Apologies, I was abroad. Correction.

4pts in 8 games vs top half (0.5ppg)
4pts in 2 games vs bottom half (2ppg)
Projection 12pts vs top half, 44pts vs bottom half, total 56pts
Added stat 0pts in 6 games vs top 10.

Are you even more of a boring tw@t when you are abroad?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: