The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:03:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Stats - Easier Games to come

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stats - Easier Games to come  (Read 64609 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2017, 20:33:00 pm »

It's a shame that insults destroy what could be a good conversation about factors that indicate likelihood of results.

Agree with this comment - '78 takes a lot of abuse, some of it shameful. Personally I think his views are shaky ; one minute we are play off hopefuls and in the next relegation candidates! Would have thought that it might be safer to predict our future about Christmas time. Its a pity some on here go out of their way to offer virulent and profane abuse.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2017, 20:41:03 pm »

I've not abused him, okay called him an idiot for persisting and ignoring the obvious maybe
But haven't name called. He's dished out as much as he's took and actually, his arrogant, patronising and ignorant manner is just as insulting as someone calling him a p-richard. He's effectively calling everyone who disagrees just that....
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2017, 20:47:16 pm »

I've not abused him, okay called him an idiot for persisting and ignoring the obvious maybe
But haven't name called. He's dished out as much as he's took and actually, his arrogant, patronising and ignorant manner is just as insulting as someone calling him a p-richard. He's effectively calling everyone who disagrees just that....

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2017, 20:49:44 pm »

Agree with this comment - '78 takes a lot of abuse, some of it shameful. Personally I think his views are shaky ; one minute we are play off hopefuls and in the next relegation candidates! Would have thought that it might be safer to predict our future about Christmas time. Its a pity some on here go out of their way to offer virulent and profane abuse.

Shaky!!!! It's bordering on maronic!

I too have only called the ideas idiotic and have been called far worse!
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2017, 21:17:06 pm »

Update after Blackpool win. Still 0pts Vs top 10 teams

Vs top half 4 from 8 (proj 12)
Vs bottom half 11 from 8 (proj 30)

A little reminder regarding my ”MARONIC” facts. Honestly, if you think I worry about the abuse I receive from these buffoons please think again.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2017, 21:31:02 pm »

I’ve never said we are playoff hopefuls or relegation candidates. I said at the start of the season 12th and 60pts, that is looking tricky (but not impossible) Id be happy with an improvement in points and position compared to last year.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 30, 2017, 21:37:30 pm »

My dear Cobbler78 - Stop trying to deflect from your abject failure by referring to me suggesting that on current form, Oldham are a harder game than Sc***horpe just because the latter beat the former on Saturday....

Why? Because based on your very own formula, if the season were 5 games old and those 5 games were the 5 I referred to, then Oldham would be sitting high on 11pts and Scunny low on 4. So your very own "formula" would have Oldham as the hard game and Scunny as the easy.

Mate, are you not a little bit embarrassed that you actually posted this? Read it back to yourself again, you’re a joke.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2017, 21:46:57 pm »

This. Calling him a throw away word like t*** is no way near as bad. You're really not helping yourself C78.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 21:48:39 pm by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2017, 21:52:51 pm »

This. Calling him a throw away word like t*** is no way near as bad. You're really not helping yourself C78.

I don’t need to help myself. The facts speak for themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2017, 22:01:11 pm »

Would you rather be liked in the real world or be right in the real world?

Times like this I resort to a famous poem.

'If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
 But make allowance for their doubting too.'

I think you need to read the 'second line' in life.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: October 30, 2017, 22:16:50 pm »

Would you rather be liked in the real world or be right in the real world?

Times like this I resort to a famous poem.

'If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
 But make allowance for their doubting too.'

I think you need to read the 'second line' in life.

Nice, I like it.

I treat people how they treat me. Everbrite for example doesn’t agree with my points, but he is always thoughtful, polite and reasoned with his argument. Others are rude, aggressive, and above all thick. I have no time for people like that. Read page 1 of this thread which proves my point.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 22:20:54 pm by Cobbler78 » Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2017, 11:03:01 am »

Mate, are you not a little bit embarrassed that you actually posted this? Read it back to yourself again, you’re a joke.

I have no embarrassment at all. I'm an analyst and in part a statistician. I deal in probability, trend analysis and the like. I understand the importance of variables and how they need to be applied to obtain reliable consistent results. you clearly do not.

You have ducked, dived and dodged the clearest of FACTS presented to you, (like how it is IMPOSSIBLE for a positive average to disappear to absolute zero - even if you have an infinite number of following null results). you base your results and projects on the position after the event when the whole premise of your theory is to predict the outcome of forthcoming events, ie. you CANNOT obtain reliable results by using the position of a team after an event.

When anyone presents these clear facts to you, you call them thick and lacking in understanding which actually suggest the opposite - it's you who is lacking in understanding.

Then, to top it all off, you start the name calling which to me suggests you've lost not only the plot but the argument as well.

Clearly, the overwhelming number of replies to this thread that debunk your theory have sent you over the edge. Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get myself drawn in any further and tarred with the same brush....

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2017, 11:29:56 am »

Others are rude, aggressive, and above all thick. I have no time for people like that. Read page 1 of this thread which proves my point.

it seems you have a lot of time for them, otherwise you wouldnt keep replying.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 31, 2017, 12:22:22 pm »

I have no embarrassment at all. I'm an analyst and in part a statistician. I deal in probability, trend analysis and the like. I understand the importance of variables and how they need to be applied to obtain reliable consistent results. you clearly do not.

You have ducked, dived and dodged the clearest of FACTS presented to you, (like how it is IMPOSSIBLE for a positive average to disappear to absolute zero - even if you have an infinite number of following null results). you base your results and projects on the position after the event when the whole premise of your theory is to predict the outcome of forthcoming events, ie. you CANNOT obtain reliable results by using the position of a team after an event.

When anyone presents these clear facts to you, you call them thick and lacking in understanding which actually suggest the opposite - it's you who is lacking in understanding.

Then, to top it all off, you start the name calling which to me suggests you've lost not only the plot but the argument as well.

Clearly, the overwhelming number of replies to this thread that debunk your theory have sent you over the edge. Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I'm not going to get myself drawn in any further and tarred with the same brush....

Despite all of this and all of your qualifications and certificates you still fail to see that we get more points per game vs teams in the bottom half (easier games) compared to teams in the top half (harder games) What do you put this down to? Coincidence?
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 31, 2017, 13:17:13 pm »

Cobbler78. You are wrong. Deal with your problems away from THE plz. kthanksbye.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #455 on: October 31, 2017, 13:58:04 pm »

The dullest thread with the most mind numbing contributions in the history of the World Wide Web.
Eats at your soul
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 31, 2017, 14:04:04 pm »

The dullest thread with the most mind numbing contributions in the history of the World Wide Web.
Eats at your soul

And yet you still can’t resist reading and commenting, strange.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 31, 2017, 14:45:27 pm »

Cobbler78. You are wrong. Deal with your problems away from THE plz. kthanksbye.

He won't 606 because he loves it. As I said, I'm not going to engage directly any more. I see though he's responded with more of the same, old same old, trying to belittle my "qualifications" and forgetting that on several occasions I've agreed with him that you are indeed more likely to pick up points against lower placed teams, why would I disagree with what is obvious?

In fact, there's no one I've seen whose comments disagree with this very obvious and oft proven statement. My issue has always been around how he then uses that to project potential points, even though you cannot possibly know where a team will be placed in 1, 2 or 3 months time. Shrewsbury could feasibly be lower placed by the time we play them again and certainly those teams "just in" the top half are as like to have slipped into the bottom half by the time we play them again. Similarly, the whole issue stating (for example) Blackpool are bottom half when they were actually top half at the point we played them.

None of it makes any sense. If C78 had simply stuck to the statement "we'll get more points against teams in the bottom than those in the top" no one would bat an eyelid.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 31, 2017, 18:22:16 pm »

He won't 606 because he loves it. As I said, I'm not going to engage directly any more. I see though he's responded with more of the same, old same old, trying to belittle my "qualifications" and forgetting that on several occasions I've agreed with him that you are indeed more likely to pick up points against lower placed teams, why would I disagree with what is obvious?

In fact, there's no one I've seen whose comments disagree with this very obvious and oft proven statement. My issue has always been around how he then uses that to project potential points, even though you cannot possibly know where a team will be placed in 1, 2 or 3 months time. Shrewsbury could feasibly be lower placed by the time we play them again and certainly those teams "just in" the top half are as like to have slipped into the bottom half by the time we play them again. Similarly, the whole issue stating (for example) Blackpool are bottom half when they were actually top half at the point we played them.

None of it makes any sense. If C78 had simply stuck to the statement "we'll get more points against teams in the bottom than those in the top" no one would bat an eyelid.

Not belittling your qualifications at all, I’m sure they come in very useful in day to day life and look very impressive on your CV.

All I’ve ever said, we have more chance of beating lower placed teams, nothing more, nothing less, now this has proven to be true I’m glad you agree with me. The projection is exactly that, a projection. For some reason people struggle with the basics of the first point and feel like they have to complicate things, no ideal why, you’re best off asking them.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #459 on: October 31, 2017, 18:36:13 pm »

No idea, not ideal. You maronic fool.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: