The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:56:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 69   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 115718 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2023, 18:56:07 pm »

JB said after the match that we could now have 5 players out for the season with the injury to Dyche. He turned his ankle during the Mansfield match and he is now in a boot. We already know that Fox, Magloire and Koiki are finished for the season and if there is a fifth my money would be on Hylton. It's odd that no one from the club ever talk about him and neither Radio Northampton or The Chronic ask JB how he's doing. I can't help but think he may be coming to the end of his career. I hope I'm wrong for his sake and ours.

One thing's for sure we can't keep expecting the players who are fit to play at a high level every game until the end of the season, which could be between 9 - 12 games, they were knackered Saturday in the second half.

The reason I queried this was because when JB was asked he only mentioned three players for a return, McGowan after suspension and McWilliams and Odimayo at some point between now and the end of the season. No other player was mentioned, he said for 4 or 5 their season is over. I took this as extra to the three already mentioned. So, a possible 7 (seven) out for the season with nine games still to play. I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2023, 19:50:38 pm »

Even more reason not to finish in the play offs.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2023, 21:19:06 pm »

Eppiah needs to be sent back to his parent club as much as it kills me.

Odimayo should probably be rested until end of season, the fact he keeps getting injured snacks of being rushed back.

Harrop is up their with Nutall for me? Unless management have seen something that means they want him for next season?

Hylton - obvious he's at end of his career, sadly not worked out.

Hopefully free up some budget to get Bowie here full time😂
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2023, 21:37:55 pm »

Odimayo should probably be rested until end of season, the fact he keeps getting injured snacks of being rushed back.

Harrop is up their with Nutall for me? Unless management have seen something that means they want him for next season?

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Hylton for another season, can't believe we didn't sign him for 1 year with an option in the clubs favour to extend if he deserves it. It's not hindsight as many said signing an injury ravaged player on a 2 year deal was a risk at the time

Same goes foe Eppiah, always a massive risk that hasn't paid off. He's made of glass and can't even train properly.

As for Harrop, his initial contract expired in January yet despite having absolutely no impact whatsoever, it seems to have been extended without any official announcement from the club...

Hopefully the club have learnt lessons moving forward...
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2023, 23:05:55 pm »

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Hylton for another season, can't believe we didn't sign him for 1 year with an option in the clubs favour to extend if he deserves it. It's not hindsight as many said signing an injury ravaged player on a 2 year deal was a risk at the time

Same goes foe Eppiah, always a massive risk that hasn't paid off. He's made of glass and can't even train properly.

As for Harrop, his initial contract expired in January yet despite having absolutely no impact whatsoever, it seems to have been extended without any official announcement from the club...

Hopefully the club have learnt lessons moving forward...
Good job KT installed a committee otherwise we would have signed a load of crocks…….
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #685 on: March 20, 2023, 14:13:28 pm »

Whilst not injury related it is another couple of players that we are potentially going to be without - Bowie and King have been called up by Scotland U21 and Wales respectively.
Report Spam   Logged
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #686 on: March 20, 2023, 15:47:30 pm »

If only we were as good as Crewe, then we might have had three called up and had the game postponed!

At this stage, however, having to cram another game into the schedule may not be what we need. I suppose, in true Cobblers style, we will just have to get on with it.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #687 on: March 20, 2023, 15:53:28 pm »

If only we were as good as Crewe, then we might have had three called up and had the game postponed!

At this stage, however, having to cram another game into the schedule may not be what we need. I suppose, in true Cobblers style, we will just have to get on with it.

Bowie will be a big loss.

It gives Brady a good excuse to revert back to his preferred front 3 of Hoskins, Appere and Pinnock.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #688 on: March 20, 2023, 18:57:15 pm »

I know, absolute nuts...or at least Mini Cheddars!

Personally, think Odimayo is pretty poor and nowhere near higher League Two/League One standard. Will end up at Barnet with Kabamba!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #689 on: March 20, 2023, 20:37:24 pm »

It’s worth pointing out that quality players at this level particularly strikers/creative players almost always have a flaw. Be that attitude, injury prone or whatever. Otherwise they wouldn’t be playing at this level.
If the demand is that they’re not injury prone and have a great attitude than invariably the standard will drop.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #690 on: March 20, 2023, 21:47:54 pm »

It’s worth pointing out that quality players at this level particularly strikers/creative players almost always have a flaw. Be that attitude, injury prone or whatever. Otherwise they wouldn’t be playing at this level.
If the demand is that they’re not injury prone and have a great attitude than invariably the standard will drop.

You could argue that the creative players at this level have done extremely well. Just because they haven't reached the dizzy height of the higher divisions doesn't mean they have any flaws, it's just that their ability doesn't quite match those in clubs above them. There's plenty below.
Very few players with attitude problems that you've mentioned twice even get to professional level, they are weeded out long before.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #691 on: March 20, 2023, 21:59:40 pm »

I know, absolute nuts...or at least Mini Cheddars!

Personally, think Odimayo is pretty poor and nowhere near higher League Two/League One standard. Will end up at Barnet with Kabamba!

Bit harsh on Odimayo, think he's looked pretty decent tbf
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #692 on: March 23, 2023, 07:40:33 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-could-have-one-injured-player-back-against-doncaster-rovers-4074797
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #693 on: March 24, 2023, 09:37:00 am »

Pretty harsh on Kabamba given he's scored 18 for Barnet so far.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #694 on: March 25, 2023, 09:46:17 am »

i agree he is decent but i think he is too lightweight as a centre half in a two pairing
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #695 on: March 25, 2023, 10:16:03 am »

i agree he is decent but i think he is too lightweight as a centre half in a two pairing

Played well against Bradford
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #696 on: March 25, 2023, 10:43:40 am »

Played well against Bradford

He didn’t start as a centre half in a back 4 .
i think he’s fine in a 3 or a full back as he was in this game
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #697 on: March 25, 2023, 12:21:34 pm »

You could argue that the creative players at this level have done extremely well. Just because they haven't reached the dizzy height of the higher divisions doesn't mean they have any flaws, it's just that their ability doesn't quite match those in clubs above them. There's plenty below.
Very few players with attitude problems that you've mentioned twice even get to professional level, they are weeded out long before.
Not sure about the attitude comment Larry, look at the signings we’ve made over the last few seasons. Van Veen, Ash Taylor, Harry Beautyman. Cian Bolger, Benny Ashley Seal, tell me when to stop.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #698 on: March 25, 2023, 14:12:14 pm »

Sherring out.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #699 on: March 25, 2023, 14:21:31 pm »