The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:15:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111875 times)
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #700 on: March 25, 2023, 14:29:43 pm »

Sherring out.

This is getting beyond a joke, what is going on with our club?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #701 on: March 25, 2023, 14:59:42 pm »

This is getting beyond a joke, what is going on with our club?

I think there are a few factors: play-offs extending the season last season + early start to the season this year, signing 'explosive' players like Magloire etc. However, we had hardly any injuries last year so the rapid increase is worth some investigation - have our training/rehab methods changed?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #702 on: March 25, 2023, 20:21:40 pm »

anyone know what’s up with Eppiah?

Sherring will be a big loss next week.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #703 on: March 25, 2023, 22:35:17 pm »

Sherring will be a big loss next week.

He’s a lightweight ….
It’s all about team ethic and that’s why we are where we are ….
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #704 on: March 26, 2023, 07:51:41 am »

Sherring will be a big loss next week

Did something to his knee/ankle up at Hartlepool a couple of weeks back
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #705 on: March 27, 2023, 11:59:34 am »

It doesn’t sound like Sherring is going to be back for Saturday and if McGowan’s injury is anything other than cramp (a bit of a strange place to have cramp but it wouldn’t be unheard of) then we are potentially up s**t creek. We would be left with Norman who sounds like a last minute desperation signing or hope for Odimayo to come back but he will be nowhere near match fit.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #706 on: March 27, 2023, 12:13:54 pm »

Hardly any comment at all on this David Norman character …
I honestly thought it was a signing for the ladies when i saw it at first .
Looks like he. luke be in on saturday though …
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #707 on: March 27, 2023, 12:21:10 pm »

Me too...excuse the pun!
Looked at the pic, saw name David, looked again at pic, name David...#confused.com  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 27, 2023, 12:22:44 pm »

I thought exactly the same to be honest! So are we saying that McGowan is properly crocked too? Norman seems an odd one - he appears to be left footed and left sided the same as Guthrie?
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #709 on: March 27, 2023, 13:44:47 pm »

do you fancy being a knob somewhere else? I don't understand the need to focus on someone's appearance.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #710 on: March 27, 2023, 13:49:59 pm »

do you fancy being a knob somewhere else? I don't understand the need to focus on someone's appearance.

nobody is focusing on an appearance - it’s a comment made in jest .
Now bore off .
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #711 on: March 27, 2023, 13:57:04 pm »

Injuries/no injuries we’re doing fine. It would be impossible to know what our best 11 is. We’ve got a huge squad and it’s impossible to improve the results of a winning team. We’ve seen what a fat lot of good it does us when people go on about our occasional strong bench.
I think the current team are galvanised.

If our current 11 (or a lot of them) were replaced by our injured players there is no guarantee we’d be in such a strong position.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 27, 2023, 13:58:39 pm »

nobody is focusing on an appearance - it’s a comment made in jest .
Now bore off .

oh ok, it was in jest, that's fine then.  Roll Eyes everybody understands what you said and it doesn't reflect well on you.

anyway judging by brady's comments looks like sherring could also be out for pretty much the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 27, 2023, 14:08:50 pm »

I’ve been trying to find more out about Norman but there’s not a lot out there. It looks like he was captain a few times for his team in Canada but I’ve no idea what the standard is like. My biggest concern is that he is a left sided centre back and so is Guthrie so one of them is going to have to play out of position. I’m just praying that McGowan will be fit for Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #714 on: March 27, 2023, 14:19:14 pm »

oh ok, it was in jest, that's fine then.  Roll Eyes everybody understands what you said and it doesn't reflect well on you.

anyway judging by brady's comments looks like sherring could also be out for pretty much the season.

no , i won’t let that rest as a comment .
You are suggesting i was being homophobic and you are wrong so get that chip off your shoulder .
I am categorically not commenting on the chap’s sexuality neither do i care .
Let’s just get that straight .
I hope he does well for the club whoever he is .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #715 on: March 27, 2023, 14:24:33 pm »

I heard a few people on Saturday saying he had feminine features in the publicity picture,  and had to look twice at the picture, I am the same. Not one said anything other than that, nor did I get the impression they meant any different. If you look at some of the other pictures he doesnt so it was maybe just a bad photo! I would rather have a bad pic make me look feminine than the fattening middle aged man that they normally do  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 27, 2023, 14:34:35 pm »

no , i won’t let that rest as a comment .
You are suggesting i was being homophobic and you are wrong so get that chip off your shoulder .
I am categorically not commenting on the chap’s sexuality neither do i care .
Let’s just get that straight .
I hope he does well for the club whoever he is .

i didn't suggest that at all. There was no need to say you thought it was a signing for the women's team. that was all.
the fact you got annoyed at me calling you out, and that you thought I was calling you homophobic, suggests that maybe in someway you knew what you were saying was not ok.
just think a little (and wonder if there is any need to say it) before you comment, thats all.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #717 on: March 27, 2023, 14:55:01 pm »

You are suggesting i was being homophobic

Probably more transphobic.
You’re only jealous of his cheekbones.  Tongue

I did worry when people commented that he looked like a woman. #shouldhavegonetospecsavers.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #718 on: March 27, 2023, 15:24:15 pm »

I made the observation on Saturday, that he reminded me of CJ from Eggheads. Is that OK with you, or did you find that "deeply offensive"?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #719 on: March 27, 2023, 15:30:24 pm »

i didn't suggest that at all. There was no need to say you thought it was a signing for the women's team. that was all.
the fact you got annoyed at me calling you out, and that you thought I was calling you homophobic, suggests that maybe in someway you knew what you were saying was not ok.
just think a little (and wonder if there is any need to say it) before you comment, thats all.

This is all a bit unnecessary, isn't it? In the photo they used announcing his signing he looked quite feminine. As others have said, in other photos he doesn't. I don't think commenting about that makes them a bigot.

If it does we might as well all give up commenting on here now!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: