The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:23:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111776 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #800 on: April 19, 2023, 09:50:29 am »

I think our close season focus needs to be on sports science, training, pre-match prep, post-match recovery, recruitment and black cats.

100%.

Forget investing in the playing squad, let’s plough all resources into brining Pablo back!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #801 on: April 19, 2023, 11:01:01 am »

I've stumbled across this on YouTube.

It appears to be a fly on the wall documentary following Northampton Town's 22/23 season.

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Merry Comrade

View Profile
Level 3 Topic Starter One year Anniversary
« Reply #802 on: April 19, 2023, 11:05:12 am »

Sat close to Ali Koiki at last nights game. He said he definitely wont be back before the end of the season but I think everyone knew that anyway. Said he was looking forward to next season though. Hopefully still as a Cobbler.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #803 on: April 19, 2023, 11:19:16 am »

I've stumbled across this on YouTube.

It appears to be a fly on the wall documentary following Northampton Town's 22/23 season.

Politely, what is the point of this message. What are you trying to say or prove? Not for the first time I fail to grasp your point?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #804 on: April 19, 2023, 11:22:53 am »

Sat close to Ali Koiki at last nights game. He said he definitely wont be back before the end of the season but I think everyone knew that anyway. Said he was looking forward to next season though. Hopefully still as a Cobbler.

If there’s any consolation in all these injuries, it’s that those out are far less likely to be poached at the end of the season...
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #805 on: April 19, 2023, 11:30:01 am »

Politely, what is the point of this message. What are you trying to say or prove? Not for the first time I fail to grasp your point?

Jesus, Evers, my 5 year old needs less stuff explaining to her than you do.

It's the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, which is a Hollywood film directed by Stephen Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks and Matt Damon. Infamously, it graphically depicts the huge number of casualties inflicted during the Normandy landings.

I thought I would post a link to the scene as an allegory to the injury problems we've had this year.

Clear now?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #806 on: April 19, 2023, 12:49:40 pm »

I thought I would post a link to the scene as an allegory to the injury problems we've had this year.

Clear now?
I used to have an Allegory 1750. Square headlights, squareish steering wheel, didnt like starting in the damp. Had a five speed box though.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #807 on: April 19, 2023, 13:05:01 pm »

I used to have an Allegory 1750. Square headlights, squareish steering wheel, didnt like starting in the damp. Had a five speed box though.

I used to have a bright yellow Allegro 'P' Reg, horrible little car, but it got me from A to B (most of the time)
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3578

« Reply #808 on: April 19, 2023, 14:06:03 pm »

Guthrie is out for the season.

But, will be back for the final game........
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #809 on: April 19, 2023, 14:50:42 pm »

I used to have a bright yellow Allegro 'P' Reg, horrible little car, but it got me from A to B (most of the time)

My first car was an N Reg Allegro in Cosmic Blue Metallic. Ghetto Blaster on the back seat, leaning back to change/turn over the cassettes. Happy Days Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #810 on: April 19, 2023, 15:17:42 pm »

Jesus, Evers, my 5 year old needs less stuff explaining to her than you do.

It's the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan, which is a Hollywood film directed by Stephen Spielberg and starring Tom Hanks and Matt Damon. Infamously, it graphically depicts the huge number of casualties inflicted during the Normandy landings.

Clear now?
Comedy Gold on the understanding front...or should that be Comedy Juno?  Grin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 15:20:20 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #811 on: April 19, 2023, 15:45:36 pm »

If a club signs injury-prone players..... they must expect to play the youth team.

Except, where are the youth team?

Anyone would think you all voted for a bus with bollox written on the side.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #812 on: April 19, 2023, 16:00:10 pm »

..... and,our injury position is so bad that, rather than play a youth-teamer at C-B, we choose to play a midfielder that has been with-drawn twice in the previous 2 games due to hamstring injuries.

I ask, why play someone with a hamstring issue in a position where they have to jump, and thus risk their hamstring issue?

Some may call that "Management Brilliance".  

Others may say the manager is a "twat".

I believe that we are being sold bollox..... there is no injury crisis.  Every word you read is a web of fantasy to make NTFC victims of a fantasy enemy.

It is important for some to have an imaginary enemy.  It wins votes.

I'd rather honesty prevails.

If we have an injury "crisis", let's see some youth teamers get blooded.

For that matter, why the F... are we having other teams' cast-offs on our bench, and giving them game time?

Are our Youth Teamers that s***?

This is all bollox, and it will unravel next season in Div1.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3587

« Reply #813 on: April 19, 2023, 16:02:54 pm »

..... and,our injury position is so bad that, rather than play a youth-teamer at C-B, we choose to play a midfielder that has been with-drawn twice in the previous 2 games due to hamstring injuries.

I ask, why play someone with a hamstring issue in a position where they have to jump, and thus risk their hamstring issue?

Some may call that "Management Brilliance".  

Others may say the manager is a "twat".

I believe that we are being sold bollox..... there is no injury crisis.  Every word you read is a web of fantasy to make NTFC victims of a fantasy enemy.

It is important for some to have an imaginary enemy.  It wins votes.

I'd rather honesty prevails.

If we have an injury "crisis", let's see some youth teamers get blooded.

For that matter, why the F... are we having other teams' cast-offs on our bench, and giving them game time?

Are our Youth Teamers that s***?

This is all bollox, and it will unravel next season in Div1.

Dave, you're my wife now, Dave
Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #814 on: April 19, 2023, 16:05:50 pm »

KNNBCCB  Kiss
YAAFT   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #815 on: April 19, 2023, 16:07:18 pm »

Don't worry, the men in white coats are on their way to return him to where he belongs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #816 on: April 19, 2023, 16:08:49 pm »

Don't worry, the men in white coats are on their way to return him to where he belongs.

If that is aimed at me.....  Please take me there.....

And may I wake up in League 1!

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #817 on: April 19, 2023, 16:40:42 pm »

Dave, you're my wife now, Dave
Glad its not just me that thought that.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.