The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:54:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111647 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2018, 12:52:40 pm »

All is out in the open now. That's why I never referred to it as an injury mate

Sh**, poor bloke - best wishes to him and his family.  Thanks for the information Benji22, I totally understand.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2019, 10:10:18 am »

Does anyone know who's currently actually injured in the squad?

Other than Cox, I don't believe any of them are actually unfit.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that McWilliams & Morias can't even get a place in the 18...
Report Spam   Logged
JohnFrainInThe93rd

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2019, 14:23:30 pm »

Morais is injured again - they mentioned it on RN last night.

Agreed with McWilliams, I cant see how he cannot be in the 18 when fit.  Why bother having all 3 of Bridge, Powell, Elsnick, surely Shaun's versatility and the fact he is actually signed on to us would put him on the bench. 

Facey is the other notable fit player who didnt make the 18 last night. 
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2019, 16:35:39 pm »

Ah I didn't know about Morias being injured as I didn't hear Radio Numpty before the game.

Think Facey would be a waste of a bench spot tbh, as J Williams can cover centre half and right back too I believe.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2019, 17:20:20 pm »

Ah I didn't know about Morias being injured as I didn't hear Radio Numpty before the game.

Think Facey would be a waste of a bench spot tbh, as J Williams can cover centre half and right back too I believe.

No confirmation from the club that Morias is injured. They did tweet to say he was ill at the Crewe game but there has been nothing since. It's a mysterious Curle mystery.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2019, 17:19:27 pm »

No confirmation from the club that Morias is injured. They did tweet to say he was ill at the Crewe game but there has been nothing since. It's a mysterious Curle mystery.

Junior had to attend A&E before the Crewe game due to appendicitis following advice from the Crewe doctor, he had an operation the next day. He will be out for about 4 weeks and is now at home recuperating. It's a shame for Junior he's had a stop start season.     
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2019, 20:33:23 pm »

Junior had to attend A&E before the Crewe game due to appendicitis following advice from the Crewe doctor, he had an operation the next day. He will be out for about 4 weeks and is now at home recuperating. It's a shame for Junior he's had a stop start season.     
It would have been SO much better if the club had stated this instead of reading it on a message board. I get the "Keep the opposition in the dark" strategy but this news must be known in the football world unless we asked the Crewe doctor to keep it quiet  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2019, 20:42:30 pm »

It would have been SO much better if the club had stated this instead of reading it on a message board. I get the "Keep the opposition in the dark" strategy but this news must be known in the football world unless we asked the Crewe doctor to keep it quiet  Huh?

The club did state it. The info here came out of an article published by the Chron after an interview with Keith Curle
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2019, 20:42:54 pm »

No it's curteous to the player. You or anyone else has the right to his privacy until he is ok with it.  
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2019, 20:44:28 pm »

I suppose you are gutted that you wasn't updated withBarnetts heart condition as well?

It's intrusive and it's disgraceful.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2019, 23:13:26 pm »

What I'm saying that all the club need to say is that he's injured. We had that crap the other week that Jordan Turnbull was "Unavailable", what was that supposed to mean? was he waiting for the gasman to service his boiler ? got a delivery from Amazon?
   We don't need to know what the injury is but when nothing is said all sorts of rumours start, if a player is playing well then, suddenly, he's not even in the 18 but there is no mention of injury, then the rumours start, so and so has had a bust up, whatshisname was late for training and the like. It's so easy for the club just to say he's injured, so what's the problem with that?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2019, 05:49:35 am »

The club stated that he was unavailable because he was I'll.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2019, 06:10:46 am »

What I'm saying that all the club need to say is that he's injured. We had that crap the other week that Jordan Turnbull was "Unavailable", what was that supposed to mean? was he waiting for the gasman to service his boiler ? got a delivery from Amazon?
   We don't need to know what the injury is but when nothing is said all sorts of rumours start, if a player is playing well then, suddenly, he's not even in the 18 but there is no mention of injury, then the rumours start, so and so has had a bust up, whatshisname was late for training and the like. It's so easy for the club just to say he's injured, so what's the problem with that?

I know you guys have your eyes on domination of the club as laid out in your document-that-wasn't-really-your-document-when-no-one-liked-it but you aren't there yet. You don't own the players and they aren't public property. I've no idea why Turnbull was "unavailable" the other week but it's none of our business. It could have been anything - a bereavement, a sick child, an embarrassing medical issue, problems at home, a disciplinary issue... there's any number of things that might mean he needed some time off for that he might not want to be public knowledge.

You might not like it, but players are entitled to their privacy, even if that goes against the DNA of "the Northampton type".  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest48

« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2019, 09:39:44 am »

All I said is why don't the club say that a player is injured to stop all the silly rumours that start up when they say nothing, remember Ash Taylor earlier in the season ?? Please explain what is wrong with this?

Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2019, 10:15:35 am »

All I said is why don't the club say that a player is injured to stop all the silly rumours that start up when they say nothing, remember Ash Taylor earlier in the season ?? Please explain what is wrong with this?

Because the club should only say that a player is injured if the player is injured. If a player is unavailable for another reason that could be personal then saying they are injured is misleading the fans. I want a club that is open and upfront with the supporters  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:11 am »

Because the club should only say that a player is injured if the player is injured. If a player is unavailable for another reason that could be personal then saying they are injured is misleading the fans. I want a club that is open and upfront with the supporters  Wink
I agree with you 100%, so why was I told the other week when Turnbull was "unavailable" that the reason he was unavailable was because he was injured. With the Morias case, it was posted on here on Weds that he was injured, which is a week and a half after the injury occurred. I heard various rumours last Saturday about Morias and McWilliams, non of the rumours would have surfaced if there had been a simple "He's injured" . So does anyone know why McWilliams has not been in the squad for the last 2 games ?  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:47 am »

Not selected because he's not as good as people think he is?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest48

« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2019, 13:11:14 pm »

Not selected because he's not as good as people think he is?
More question marks that could so easily be avoided.
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2019, 22:04:56 pm »

I heard on Tuesday , McWilliams has been late for training,  just a rumour, but knowing how strict KC can be, this may possibly be the reason?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2019, 22:49:23 pm »

I heard on Tuesday , McWilliams has been late for training,  just a rumour, but knowing how strict KC can be, this may possibly be the reason?
Well done KC If that’s true
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: