The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:26:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111586 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2019, 19:18:58 pm »

We ask the question and the answer appears...coincidence again?
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/mcwilliams-absence-explained-by-boss-curle-1-8852449
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest48

« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2019, 20:48:58 pm »

I heard on Tuesday , McWilliams has been late for training,  just a rumour, but knowing how strict KC can be, this may possibly be the reason?
Another rumour now proved to be wrong by a few words from the club. Just as I said, no its not discourteous to the player to say he's injured, it saves him having bad timekeeping rumours spread about him  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2019, 20:54:17 pm »

Junior is not injured he is ill.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2019, 22:54:31 pm »

But we're talking about Shaun McWilliams, he's injured according to KC.
Report Spam   Logged
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2019, 07:45:27 am »

McWiliams late for training  was before the Crewe game
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2019, 09:10:57 am »

So is it OK to say he's unfit?
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2019, 09:52:34 am »

It would have been SO much better if the club had stated this instead of reading it on a message board. I get the "Keep the opposition in the dark" strategy but this news must be known in the football world unless we asked the Crewe doctor to keep it quiet  Huh?

I refer you to your earlier email.  The club had stated he was ill before the Crewe game but they did not specify the illness, indeed nor should they. Ill not injured. You or indeed no other fan has the right to know the details .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2019, 10:02:44 am »

didnt the chron say it was appendicitis?!
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:36 am »

The club has now given the reason.

My point is when the information is released is up to the player first and foremost  and the club. No one else. They stated he was unavailable but some on here read conspiracy theories into that and want to know the details. See Morias, Barnett and Taylor.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2019, 11:59:35 am »

The club has now given the reason.

My point is when the information is released is up to the player first and foremost  and the club. No one else. .
No it has to be up to the club, otherwise if xxxxx is not getting picked because he was late for training and is being a general d*ckhead, he's not going to put that out in public, is he?
  My original point was that it just needs 3 words from the club to stop any conspiracy theories or other rumours, "he is unfit", I really can't see a problem with this.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 18, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »

Right going around in circles.

Morias   Club stated he was unwell. No update until last week nor should there have been. It is not upto the club. personal medical matters should only be divulged when the player is ok with it.  Companies should not reveal personal issues of employees to all and sundry and neither should a football club

Mcwilliams   He was stated as being injured. Prior to Exeter it was said he was now fit but not included in the 18.

Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2019, 15:03:22 pm »

Definitely going round in circles, might as well call it quits  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2019, 20:56:04 pm »

Right going around in circles.

Morias   Club stated he was unwell. No update until last week nor should there have been. It is not upto the club. personal medical matters should only be divulged when the player is ok with it.  Companies should not reveal personal issues of employees to all and sundry and neither should a football club

Mcwilliams   He was stated as being injured. Prior to Exeter it was said he was now fit but not included in the 18.

I agree to an extent in extreme circumstances but are you seriously suggesting the club should not divulge a hamstring strain that keeps a player out for four weeks as that could be private to the player?  A player breaks a leg and is out for the season and nobody says anything other than unavailable.  It's just not the real world is it?

What next we release a player at the end of his contract but because the player deems it a private matter we only find out when he plays against us?

The Barnett one was tricky and obviously deeply personal.  Appendicitis?

Barton is exactly right in that in a vacuum of information rumours run rife.  At least 4/5 time this season alone the club has had to come out an address situations because they said nothing originally.  If Ash Taylor has a hamstring strain and is out for 2 months just tell us....job done.

It's what pretty much every other football club in England does!
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2019, 21:02:20 pm »

No not injury related, illness and that was the distinction I kept making.

Ill not injured. illness should be private. It is a basic legal principle that an employer should not divulge any details.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2019, 21:17:43 pm »

Ill not injured. illness should be private. It is a basic legal principle that an employer should not divulge any details.

Fair play though in Barton's defence I didn't spot that distinction either and reading back through I'm not sure it's a clear as you have made it until above.

Even in the circumstance of illness though the club can say something and a rough timeline.  I've worked in many different environments where without disclosing the nature of the illness we needed to explain someone is absent and give a timeline even if undefined of absence.  Again in fairness to Barton I don't get the impression the nature of the illness is relevant more the lack of communication and the vacuum that leaves.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2019, 16:16:49 pm »

Unless we’ve got a chance of signing him permanently - or I suppose we could be looking to sign him again on loan next season - what is the point of looking to play Cox again this season?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2019, 23:04:39 pm »

With Cox coming back - will he go back to 3 at the back ?
I think he will stick with Buchs and give him another contract
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2019, 12:17:11 pm »

With Cox coming back - will he go back to 3 at the back ?
I think he will stick with Buchs and give him another contract

I don't....Buchs not worth another contract imo if we want to try and progress.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2019, 13:22:00 pm »

Pedji explanation is simple enough; he was not referring to injuries but only to illness. As in Barton's case it is when the Club fails to give clarification on a Players absence do 'misunderstandings' occur; so if player Taylor is injured then it is the Clubs responsibility to say so ....and quickly. If a player is ill then the Club needs to handle the situation differently and crucially in consultation with the Player. 
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2019, 13:33:53 pm »

Pedji explanation is simple enough; he was not referring to injuries but only to illness. As in Barton's case it is when the Club fails to give clarification on a Players absence do 'misunderstandings' occur; so if player Taylor is injured then it is the Clubs responsibility to say so ....and quickly. If a player is ill then the Club needs to handle the situation differently and crucially in consultation with the Player. 

"Not fit" covers every thing doesn't it ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: