The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:36:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111669 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2020, 18:57:29 pm »

As much as I don’t like it I can’t see McWilliams getting a new contract
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2020, 21:40:24 pm »

That would be a crying shame. We should be looking after our own home grown talen, playing them as much as possible to shine for us to lead us to better things and if they then get sold on at least it would be for decent money. Don't let them slip through our fingers. The likes of McWilliams, Pollock, Jay Williams (remember him) should be the cornerstone of our team for years.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2020, 04:40:28 am »

Totally disagree. I believe his athleticism and use of the ball is rare in one still young.

Not just my amateur opinion but if the rumour was true that Derby were prepared to pay a hundred thousand for him then a professional opinion as well!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2020, 06:31:25 am »

Good stuff, we need A Williams back ASAP, Oliver looks a broken man to me and needs a rest.

probably just use the like for like replacement in smith then
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:42 am »

Totally disagree. I believe his athleticism and use of the ball is rare in one still young.

Not just my amateur opinion but if the rumour was true that Derby were prepared to pay a hundred thousand for him then a professional opinion as well!

I hope he does get offered one. He has had a few injuries which are unfortunate. Sometimes I think that that he has the curse of being able to play in different positions which is good but then lacks definition on where is best for him and us. When he burst into the team at the level above he did well and shone. I just don’t think he’s pushed on as it looked like he would. Changes of management plus the injuries haven’t helped but he has the ability no doubt.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2020, 10:34:08 am »

I don’t think Shaun will get a new contract, I also don’t think he’s good enough for L1 and is an average L2 midfielder, I actually think he’s better at fullback.
As for Pollock, I think this lad has got a very bright future and can see him playing Championship football in the next couple of years, I would play him in front of Watson in the pecking order.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2020, 13:05:06 pm »

I would not worry over Williams being fit as I would be surprised to see him in the starting 11 in any of our remaining 10 games (that is not to say that I do not like him). My thinking is that on current form  Morton will be starting and if Oliver misses out Smith will replace him as I do not see us abandoning totally the long ball. Smith is more likely to win the aerial duel than Williams although I think Williams is better on the ground.
At the end of the season as Oliver has been a regular first choice he is also more likely to be offered a new contract than Williams who KC has not  given an extended run when he has had all strikers fit. Smith is under contract for 2 more seasons and I cannot see KC wanting to keep all 3. Therefor I believe Williams will be restricted to sustitute appearances unless we have further injuries.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2020, 11:56:47 am »

So Callum Morton suffering from Hamstring strain, following Saturday's Six Nations clash with Mansfield.
KC says he's quick at recovering. Just hope he's fit by this coming Saturday and in the lineup at FGR...or is asking for those two things a little too optimistic, medically and given KC's frustrating habit of dropping our best performers?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2020, 12:25:02 pm »

No Williams, No Hoskins and No Morton would make things difficult on Saturday.....Oliver looks burnt out.....at least Smith made his comeback on Saturday.

If that's what we've got left, Smith and Oliver up front I can imagine the tactics now...…... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2020, 13:47:28 pm »

No Williams, No Hoskins and No Morton would make things difficult on Saturday.....Oliver looks burnt out.....at least Smith made his comeback on Saturday.

If that's what we've got left, Smith and Oliver up front I can imagine the tactics now...…... Wink

Hoskins no loss, im sure someone else can take penalties
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2020, 14:17:01 pm »

The loss of Hoskins means Marshall in a defensive capacity .
That’s a worry and I wouldnt do it .
Oliver recently has been a bit average and I would have Smith up top with Marshall behind him in an attacking role
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2020, 14:22:23 pm »

The loss of Hoskins means Marshall in a defensive capacity .
That’s a worry and I wouldnt do it .
Oliver recently has been a bit average and I would have Smith up top with Marshall behind him in an attacking role

I’m guessing it will be much more likely to be Harriman at rwb particularly as it is an away game.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2020, 15:05:29 pm »

Almost certainly Anderson will come in for Hoskins, Harriman RWB and Adams LWB.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2020, 22:41:43 pm »

I’d be tempted to play Marshall up front with Smith or Oliver in a little and large combo.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2020, 20:58:20 pm »

How's this looking?  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #215 on: September 09, 2020, 11:31:40 am »

How's this looking?  Undecided

Both Hoskins and Nuttall are available for selection on Saturday...   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2020, 13:27:47 pm »

Both Hoskins and Nuttall are available for selection on Saturday...   Smiley

Thanks JG that has cheered me up a lot!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #217 on: September 09, 2020, 13:32:34 pm »

I agree with Zen; McW appears to have on going muscular issues. So in your estimate how long do we have to engage with him?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #218 on: September 09, 2020, 20:57:55 pm »

Why on earth did we play such a strong team last night when there are so many in the treatment room ?
Ridiculous .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #219 on: September 09, 2020, 21:15:08 pm »

Why on earth did we play such a strong team last night when there are so many in the treatment room ?
Ridiculous .

Another 'pre-season' game, he couldn't win whatever he did. Another time we wouldn't have got any injuries and you'd all have been happy.
No probably not....
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: