The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:13:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Injury Updates....

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injury Updates....  (Read 111654 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #660 on: March 07, 2023, 13:59:01 pm »

He has atrophy in his lower leg muscles and the skin is sagging on the thighs causing undue pressure to his dorsal fin.

🤣
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #661 on: March 07, 2023, 19:40:36 pm »

With Koiki out for the rest of the season it may increase our chances of getting him to sign a new contract. With all of the others that have extended their contracts I imagine that Koiki would also have received an offer and so far declined to sign.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #662 on: March 11, 2023, 13:00:30 pm »

Paul Osew, left back, signed until the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #663 on: March 11, 2023, 15:23:16 pm »

Eppiah off injured and Sowerby now too. Not good is it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #664 on: March 13, 2023, 08:55:45 am »

Glass almost half full time...
Aside from those that are going to play no more time this season, we will have a full strength team back for the final 5-6 games minimum. They will all be fresh and raring to go and wanting to prove themselves fit and to get their place back in the squad. They will also be up against weary players who have played lots of games and will dominate. We will time a winning run to finish the end of the season strong to claim our place in the top 3.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #665 on: March 13, 2023, 21:10:26 pm »

the Chron mention 10 players that could be out .
Plus one
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #666 on: March 14, 2023, 08:07:15 am »

The injury crisis we have can't all be bad luck

Surely something needs to be looked at
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #667 on: March 14, 2023, 08:42:45 am »

the Chron mention 10 players that could be out .
Plus one

11 then.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #668 on: March 17, 2023, 07:41:11 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/one-player-set-to-return-for-cobblers-but-others-need-to-be-assessed-before-crewe-clash-4067372
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #669 on: March 17, 2023, 10:57:08 am »

I see Brady has spoken to the Chron about the extent of injuries.

He’s basically said we’ve signed a load of players that haven’t managed to string together more than 10-20 games a season previously and thrown them in expecting them to be able to play 40 games.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #670 on: March 17, 2023, 11:11:55 am »

I see Brady has spoken to the Chron about the extent of injuries.

He’s basically said we’ve signed a load of players that haven’t managed to string together more than 10-20 games a season previously and thrown them in expecting them to be able to play 40 games.
Because they are so young and haven’t played league football in the main ….
We are in a position that we have to play and develop young talent .
I assume you would rather bring in journeymen than with no injury record ? Let’s see how far that would get us …..
Eppiah and Hylton aside - both were clearly mistakes but there were not many complaining when they signed
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #671 on: March 17, 2023, 19:08:03 pm »

Because they are so young and haven’t played league football in the main ….
We are in a position that we have to play and develop young talent .
I assume you would rather bring in journeymen than with no injury record ? Let’s see how far that would get us …..
Eppiah and Hylton aside - both were clearly mistakes but there were not many complaining when they signed

Not going to rise to the bait on this one, simply relayed Brady’s comments.

For the record I think balance is the key.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #672 on: March 17, 2023, 20:10:13 pm »

I agree, "balance is the key" otherwise the players keep falling over, pity that Jack Roles didn't have any balance.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #673 on: March 17, 2023, 23:33:43 pm »

Not going to rise to the bait on this one, simply relayed Brady’s comments.

For the record I think balance is the key.
Exactly .
i doubt we will try to resign Eppiah next season or any other player carrying injuries .
It has hurt us this campaign .
Eppiah and Hylton have hardly trained let alone played !
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #674 on: March 18, 2023, 03:57:10 am »

I agree, "balance is the key" otherwise the players keep falling over, pity that Jack Roles didn't have any balance.
Nobody seemed to mind when Charlie Goode rolled around, and got Van Veen sent off. Indeed the West stand gave him a huge round of applause, when he came over to take a throw in. Fickle is also the key.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #675 on: March 18, 2023, 09:22:03 am »

Exactly .
i doubt we will try to resign Eppiah next season or any other player carrying injuries .
It has hurt us this campaign .
Eppiah and Hylton have hardly trained let alone played !
Eppiah and Hylton both match winners on their day, unfortunately for us their days are very limited.
When you are shopping in the bargain bucket you have to take a risk on a few “star” players, as said before no one was complaining when they signed.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #676 on: March 18, 2023, 09:31:47 am »

Just like to point out the season isn't over yet and if Eppiah or Hylton make the side again they could prove a few people wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #677 on: March 18, 2023, 09:44:32 am »

Eppiah and Hylton both match winners on their day, unfortunately for us their days are very limited.
When you are shopping in the bargain bucket you have to take a risk on a few “star” players, as said before no one was complaining when they signed.

Agree with Eppiah, he's got so much talent, just so injury prone.

I can't see him having many clubs after him above this level with his record and wages ether.

Hylton I think his best days are behind him and never envisaged his season being so uneventful
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2023, 18:32:11 pm »

JB states that only Aaron McGowan will be available next weekend after his suspension. He also mentioned that only Shaun McWilliams and Akin Odimayo are close to fitness between now and the end of season.

So, does this mean the 4 or 5(?) players who's seasons are over are extra to the other three already declared? Fox, Magloire, Kioki.

That means (possibly) also out are : Hylton, Harrop, Eppiah and Dyche.

What a season for injuries Angry
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2023, 18:46:28 pm »

JB states that only Aaron McGowan will be available next weekend after his suspension. He also mentioned that only Shaun McWilliams and Akin Odimayo are close to fitness between now and the end of season.

So, does this mean the 4 or 5(?) players who's seasons are over are extra to the other three already declared? Fox, Magloire, Kioki.

That means (possibly) also out are : Hylton, Harrop, Eppiah and Dyche.

What a season for injuries Angry

JB said after the match that we could now have 5 players out for the season with the injury to Dyche. He turned his ankle during the Mansfield match and he is now in a boot. We already know that Fox, Magloire and Koiki are finished for the season and if there is a fifth my money would be on Hylton. It's odd that no one from the club ever talk about him and neither Radio Northampton or The Chronic ask JB how he's doing. I can't help but think he may be coming to the end of his career. I hope I'm wrong for his sake and ours.

One thing's for sure we can't keep expecting the players who are fit to play at a high level every game until the end of the season, which could be between 9 - 12 games, they were knackered Saturday in the second half.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: