The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:46:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bristol Rovers (H) 7th October

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers (H) 7th October  (Read 15211 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2017, 11:16:23 am »

Something appears to be going on inside the club about which we supporters have not been told anything. See Insider's comments above. David Bower, the solicitor partner of KT has with effect on 21 September resigned from the board of the investment vehicle for NTFC, NTFC Ventures Ltd, but is still a director of NTFC.  The board remains on the face of it with a 3:2 majority in favour of KT & his original UK partners. We don't know, of course, the terms of the agreement with the Chinese and they could have a veto at board level.

Steve is right - we need information from KT about what is happening and exactly what are the future plans.  That is not asking for much but I doubt that we will be told anything concrete.  
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2017, 11:22:34 am »

Something appears to be going on inside the club about which we supporters have not been told anything. See Insider's comments above. David Bower, the solicitor partner of KT has with effect on 21 September resigned from the board of the investment vehicle for NTFC, NTFC Ventures Ltd, but is still a director of NTFC.  The board remains on the face of it with a 3:2 majority in favour of KT & his original UK partners. We don't know, of course, the terms of the agreement with the Chinese and they could have a veto at board level.

Steve is right - we need information from KT about what is happening and exactly what are the future plans.  That is not asking for much but I doubt that we will be told anything concrete.  

AGREED.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2017, 12:03:03 pm »

We were lucky it weren't more than 6 to be honest.

What was JFH thinking putting Revell on the wing? Him and Hanley were absolutely atrocious (like the rest of the squad....). The only positive, is this horrendous run of something like 10 games in 35 days is finally over.... players will hopefully start looking fit again.

Actually, the other positive is we 100% cannot see Rico and Revs partnership for the next three games.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest49

« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2017, 12:59:49 pm »

I think we will do remarkably well to recover from that. Based on our previous record we may have outstayed our welcome in league one. I hope 78 and his statistical genius is correct. Anyone would bite your hand off for mid table right now.
It could come down to injuries and if the likes of JJOT can kick start a recovery.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2017, 14:49:42 pm »

I honestly think the back 4 and centre midfield areas are strong but we all know the squad is imbalanced and lacks any pace or creativity in the final third. We need to try and not over react from 1 awful result, on the whole the past 8 games have been a big improvement than the alternative under Edinburgh. Lets see how the next 5-10 games go but as long as don't fall adrift in the relegation zone before January i'm confident we'll bring in the players we need to push on
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2017, 15:10:20 pm »

I honestly think the back 4 and centre midfield areas are strong but we all know the squad is imbalanced and lacks any pace or creativity in the final third. We need to try and not over react from 1 awful result, on the whole the past 8 games have been a big improvement than the alternative under Edinburgh. Lets see how the next 5-10 games go but as long as don't fall adrift in the relegation zone before January i'm confident we'll bring in the players we need to push on

Agree with this. It doesn't excuse yesterday, which was unforgiveable if only for the lack of intensity. However as well as inheriting an unbalanced squad JFH has a huge injury list including key players in terms of creativity and goals. Crooks, JJOT, Long, Phillips and now Moloney are among our best players going forward.
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2017, 15:45:15 pm »

I'm really hoping for a reaction next Saturday, because that yesterday was probably the worst I've ever seen us play in over 45 years. To see the whole teams head drop was alarming . I don't mind tacking a hammering like yesterday, if we learn from it and address the deficiencies. Both 2 league games away previously we were in the games up until the end , without scoring,yet yesterday was plain embarrassing. I personally would try some of the younger, pacey forwards up front and try to play to feet, as at the moment no one ,except possibly Grimes look comfortable on the ball and pass the ball ,rather than holding it. Confidence is at a low,we need at the moment to have a game plan and stick to it, with minimal team rotation,injuries permitting of course and grind out results before we start to fall behind, starting on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2017, 16:16:55 pm »

Don't agree with that, so Taylor isn't good enough but Buchanan is? Grimes isn't good enough but Bowditch doesn't quite make the list, Foley is written off after one game where he clearly wasn't match fit, to name a few. Seems completely knee jerk

Grimes? Goals and assists this season next to his minutes played? Pierre and Taylors clean sheet record? Foley signed from relegated team?  Midfielders that dont score or assist and defenders dont keep clean sheets. 👍👍

Sitting in relegation zone after getting tanked six nil by a team that cant win away. Clear these players brought in are not good enough all im saying.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 16:19:04 pm by cobbler150 » Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2017, 18:50:48 pm »

The Chinese have control of the Sixfields boardroom (or at least one of them does). They hold the reins of NTFC's controlling company, ergo they have the power. As I've stated previously, and unless the laws on international holdings have changed, there is likely one person from 5USports listed as PSC.
Forget this bollocks about their "only being here because of the educational possibilities", and watch KT scratching at his collar whenever the subject of (the) club's ownership rears its head.
And I agree, it's about time we had some honest answers about medium-term/long-term strategy. (Waits with baited breath for the usual "ownership issues are not the punters business" brigade.) 
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 08, 2017, 18:52:53 pm »

Agree with this. It doesn't excuse yesterday, which was unforgiveable if only for the lack of intensity. However as well as inheriting an unbalanced squad JFH has a huge injury list including key players in terms of creativity and goals. Crooks, JJOT, Long, Phillips and now Moloney are among our best players going forward.

I agree with this, too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #270 on: October 08, 2017, 19:51:45 pm »

The Chinese have control of the Sixfields boardroom (or at least one of them does). They hold the reins of NTFC's controlling company, ergo they have the power. As I've stated previously, and unless the laws on international holdings have changed, there is likely one person from 5USports listed as PSC.
Forget this bollocks about their "only being here because of the educational possibilities", and watch KT scratching at his collar whenever the subject of (the) club's ownership rears its head.
And I agree, it's about time we had some honest answers about medium-term/long-term strategy. (Waits with baited breath for the usual "ownership issues are not the punters business" brigade.) 

Whilst no fan of the tedious Random and Beds knocking KT rhetoric concentrating solely on the East Stand debacle, yesterday was more than a comprehensive defeat - something is seriously wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #271 on: October 08, 2017, 20:05:50 pm »

Whilst no fan of the tedious Random and Beds knocking KT rhetoric concentrating solely on the East Stand debacle, yesterday was more than a comprehensive defeat - something is seriously wrong.

Get those buckets back out
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #272 on: October 08, 2017, 20:07:59 pm »

You can't sack Jimmy. It's the fcuking bottom feeders on the pitch that need the sack. Whilst halfwits keep pointing the finger at the manager, those tossers keep taking the money for doing sweet FA..

So many knee jerks after that terrible display that any constructive comments were lost in the welter of self pity and "toys tossed out of the pram". One poster has actually moaned the same thing over 12 times and 3 others on between 8/10 posts. I was sorry to see that a generally astute poster on here (GPC) made a number of repetitive posts.
To me the players have to bear the lions share of responsibility for this sad performance; so I think TFAH is correct in his brief analysis of yesterdays efforts.
Must admit I was surprised to see Revell play "right wing back"; he was all at sea with his positioning, hesitation in defence and then that tackle in the area! I thought the defence did well 1st half altho' that might have been due more to Ingrams in limiting the deficit to 0-1. Thought that Hanley did ok(compared with others), but lacked any decent involvement in the game, didnt give up tho'. Grimes to me looked our most accomplished player (faint praise). Taylor ok first half went awol  2nd.  Pierre  very disappointing, dawdled over the ball and made to look ludicrously slow. After that the rest where somewhat anonymous except of course Ingram. Have a nagging feeling he might have done better with a couple of the goals , even so he kept the damage down.
Would like to see JFH stick to his back 4 (inj. permitting) get McWilliams and JJOT back asap, together with Long , Phillips and perhaps Crooks we might just get somewhere near mid table. Then with decent fwds on board we can have a go at the playoffs.
Never say die.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #273 on: October 08, 2017, 20:35:35 pm »

So many knee jerks after that terrible display that any constructive comments were lost in the welter of self pity and "toys tossed out of the pram". One poster has actually moaned the same thing over 12 times and 3 others on between 8/10 posts. I was sorry to see that a generally astute poster on here (GPC) made a number of repetitive posts.
To me the players have to bear the lions share of responsibility for this sad performance; so I think TFAH is correct in his brief analysis of yesterdays efforts.
Must admit I was surprised to see Revell play "right wing back"; he was all at sea with his positioning, hesitation in defence and then that tackle in the area! I thought the defence did well 1st half altho' that might have been due more to Ingrams in limiting the deficit to 0-1. Thought that Hanley did ok(compared with others), but lacked any decent involvement in the game, didnt give up tho'. Grimes to me looked our most accomplished player (faint praise). Taylor ok first half went awol  2nd.  Pierre  very disappointing, dawdled over the ball and made to look ludicrously slow. After that the rest where somewhat anonymous except of course Ingram. Have a nagging feeling he might have done better with a couple of the goals , even so he kept the damage down.
Would like to see JFH stick to his back 4 (inj. permitting) get McWilliams and JJOT back asap, together with Long , Phillips and perhaps Crooks we might just get somewhere near mid table. Then with decent fwds on board we can have a go at the playoffs.
Never say die.

I admire your optimism. Personally I think we are shoe in to get relegated.
Although I agree that keeper and first choice back 4 are decent, it's the lack of fire power, pace and width at the other end that's going to cost us.
We are in a right old mess and I can't really see a way out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #274 on: October 08, 2017, 21:04:45 pm »

How are we so s*** at corners too? We've got a fair few giants but never even look close to scoring from a corner.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #275 on: October 08, 2017, 21:07:18 pm »

it's the lack of fire power, pace and width at the other end that's going to cost us.

Definitely agree with that.
Watching Rovers break with purpose and pace was a depressing reminder of how one dimensional we are. They may not have been the greatest finishers, which is frightening considering they still scored 6! That Rory Gaffney was seriously rapid.

I still reckon Richards would put plenty away if we carved some opportunities but Revell is never going to be prolific. You only have to watch him taking pot shots in the warm up to see that he isn't the best in front of goal.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2017, 21:46:52 pm »

Although I agree that keeper and first choice back 4 are decent, it's the lack of fire power, pace and width at the other end that's going to cost us.

Disagree on the back four, Maloney is NOT a great defender, he IS a good attacking full back. Pierre for me is a real weak link, he had so much time to take the ball down and play a sensible pass before their first goal yesterday but just panicked, 20 secs later the balls is in the net, he also got done for their 3rd, or was it 4th when the guy coasted in for a header. We are however badly missing a central midfielder who can see danger early and is willing to put any sort of tackle in. The number of times runners are let go is a joke! Poole may be the answer...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2017, 22:08:25 pm »

Never say die.
When i watched the highlights back in real time on channel five last night that was also my impression- that Ingram may have done better with goals three and five (from memory), and he also looked close to six but was going the wrong way. Haven't seen it since (where's Frank when you need someone to post the highlights?). Not having a go at Ingram btw, that would be papering over the cracks, rather just an observation.
In addition, sat in the north I said when the fourth went in that it was almost like watching slow motion, I hadn't realised it had come off the post, but that sums up our defending- it took that amount of time before hitting the back of the net and still no one got close to cutting it out.

Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #278 on: October 08, 2017, 22:24:29 pm »

Definitely agree with that.
Watching Rovers break with purpose and pace was a depressing reminder of how one dimensional we are. They may not have been the greatest finishers, which is frightening considering they still scored 6! That Rory Gaffney was seriously rapid.

I still reckon Richards would put plenty away if we carved some opportunities but Revell is never going to be prolific. You only have to watch him taking pot shots in the warm up to see that he isn't the best in front of goal.

He has had lots of decent opportunities, including yesterday and hasn't. Rico is passed it
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #279 on: October 08, 2017, 22:34:21 pm »

I just couldn't be bothered to follow the other doom-mongers, its only Oct we have Nov and Dec to recover some ground. We only need 2/3 wins and some on here will be demanding championship footy! We have a fine keeper and a reasonable defence.  The midfield will sort itself out after the absentees come back. I see no point in giving up yet even if we have a disappointing result next Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: