The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:15:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bristol Rovers (H) 7th October

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers (H) 7th October  (Read 15212 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2017, 22:45:39 pm »

Definitely agree with that.
Watching Rovers break with purpose and pace was a depressing reminder of how one dimensional we are. They may not have been the greatest finishers, which is frightening considering they still scored 6! That Rory Gaffney was seriously rapid.

I still reckon Richards would put plenty away if we carved some opportunities but Revell is never going to be prolific. You only have to watch him taking pot shots in the warm up to see that he isn't the best in front of goal.

Might possibly be interesting to have a look at their (BR) next 2 results. Hope to have a laugh!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2017, 22:57:32 pm »

I'm really hoping for a reaction next Saturday............................

I also happen to think the crowd have to get a bit more involved on the positive side. Most of us happen to sit on backsides, whinging and moaning . What happened to Dan the chief crowd motivator? He needs to up his game for a start!
Report Spam   Logged

sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2017, 23:26:35 pm »

It is time to forget the arguing and moaning and get behind the team for the Wimbledon match.

Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
guest2487

« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2017, 23:29:04 pm »

Evers have you been drinking?

You've just said our defence is fine - we just lost 6-0.

You've just said the crowd need to do more to get behind the team. Absolutely ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2017, 23:35:28 pm »

You've just said the crowd need to do more to get behind the team. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just merely going by the displays v Rotherham , MK and Boro' etc etc thats all Cool

One thing I have no hesitation in saying  - the supporters need to get behind the team like in L2 relegation matches a la Oxford and Daggers. This also includes you, no point sitting there with a wishful grin. Team up with Dan and set the West Stand alight.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2017, 01:48:30 am »

Now don’t all shout at me but I always read with interest the expectation of some that we should be a Championship club? On the flip side given our almost unbroken occupation of the bottom 2 divisions you could argue that we are actually over achieving by never dropping out of the league? As you know this is a fate that has befallen many a league club with some never to return? Just saying, and after all that lot in the Premiership seem to do nothing but moan anyway so what’s the difference? Perhaps enjoying seasons like under CW or 86/87 is the best we should hope for? I’m getting a really uneasy feeling I’ve just said the wrong thing?
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2017, 06:49:38 am »

I thought the atmosphere was really good early on on Saturday. I sit Upper West midway between the half near South Stand and there was more noise and mor people joining in than normal. Sadly, what happened on the pitch dissolved any hope of that continuing. We do need to really get behind them against Wimbledon. We have to help them get the win, our positive support can only help.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2017, 06:59:40 am »

I also happen to think the crowd have to get a bit more involved on the positive side. Most of us happen to sit on backsides, whinging and moaning . What happened to Dan the chief crowd motivator? He needs to up his game for a start!

Myself and the usual North Standers started off fine but lost inspiration after about 10 minutes as a result of the abysmal performance which was taking place in front of us.
For the record we thought the West Stand was very good for the first half, given what was being served up by the team.
I do enjoy reading comments about fans need to get behind the team more when there's a very select group who actually try and start some songs  Grin This isn't aimed at you by the way everbrite. Just what I've seen all weekend.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #288 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:07 am »

I still cannot get over what an abysmal performance this was, and how easily we were destroyed by an average team that has had trouble on the road.

I am hoping we see almost a completely different team on Saturday against AFC, unfortunately our numbers will mean that many of the same faces will still be in the starting line-up.

I feel really sorry for Ingram, he made team of the week in a 6-0 drubbing. Pierre and Ash had there worst games for us, poor old Moloney was shattered before he started and is now injured. Buchs put in some amazing blocks but was overran too often.

Grimes distribution was awful, fair play he still wanted the ball but at our level we need him to get stuck in more. Foley looked half fit and the decision to play Revs at right wing has cost us dear.

How did we go from a decent performance at MK, to changing things so drastically and getting a performance like this.

Hopefully the kick up the arse the players deserve, we'll smash AFC and all will be well in the world.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:53 am »

Even PAGE AND JED DID NOT CONCEDE SIX!
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler150

« Reply #290 on: October 09, 2017, 09:20:12 am »

I still cannot get over what an abysmal performance this was, and how easily we were destroyed by an average team that has had trouble on the road.

I am hoping we see almost a completely different team on Saturday against AFC, unfortunately our numbers will mean that many of the same faces will still be in the starting line-up.

I feel really sorry for Ingram, he made team of the week in a 6-0 drubbing. Pierre and Ash had there worst games for us, poor old Moloney was shattered before he started and is now injured. Buchs put in some amazing blocks but was overran too often.

Grimes distribution was awful, fair play he still wanted the ball but at our level we need him to get stuck in more. Foley looked half fit and the decision to play Revs at right wing has cost us dear.

How did we go from a decent performance at MK, to changing things so drastically and getting a performance like this.

Hopefully the kick up the arse the players deserve, we'll smash AFC and all will be well in the world.
+1
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 09, 2017, 09:29:17 am »

Watching the likes of Hanley and now Revell play on the wing shows that we really are so desperately poor in that department. To me, it also seems like JFH is seemingly treating games like preseason friendlies testing out new systems and players. In my opinion, we have to play Powell and Hoskins on the wing next game. Powell has looked a fraction of what I expected, but he is very experienced in that position.

Next game:

Ingram
Moloney Taylor Pierre Buchanan
Poole Grimes
Hoskins Mcgugan Powell
Richards

No idea if Moloney is even fit to play... he looks like he needs a long rest. If he has to be rested, I could see a return to the wingback formation.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 09, 2017, 09:41:23 am »

You cannot be serious about starting with Richards up front after his recent displays. He is finished at this level. McWilliams should accompany Poole in the holding role and I would play Hoskins and Grimes along with McGugan in the midfield 3. I would try Waters up front and would want to stop the team lumping the ball skyward.
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 09, 2017, 09:55:33 am »

I could see a return to the wingback formation.
I think the main problem last time wast that we ended up with almost a flat back 5 and 2 main strikers with one in support leaving pretty much 2 in midfield, which obviously is never going to work.
If we played it this time I would do so with 1 up front and 4 in midfield just to give us a bit of solidity. Let's face it this teams confidence is shot and while it may sound defensive against Wimbledon at the moment it seems the more attacking players (Revell, Richards & Bowditch in the last match) the more toothless we look.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 09, 2017, 10:01:01 am »

You cannot be serious about starting with Richards up front after his recent displays. He is finished at this level. McWilliams should accompany Poole in the holding role and I would play Hoskins and Grimes along with McGugan in the midfield 3. I would try Waters up front and would want to stop the team lumping the ball skyward.
Can't see any other option than having rico upfront. I do agree his recent displays have been poor but like it or not he is all we have at the moment. With the distribution of our centre backs we need someone upfront who can at least challenge for the ball. Walters would certainly not be capable of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 09, 2017, 10:14:34 am »

In the above comment I obviously meant waters not Walters
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #296 on: October 09, 2017, 10:23:11 am »

Anyone picking McGugon in their starting eleven clearly wasn’t watching him against Bristol Rovers .
He is a good player but is nowhere near being remotely fit .
It’s very doubtful Moloney will also play .
So dream on with those selections and come back to reality .
Unfortunately Poole will have to continue at right back even though he was shocking on Saturday. He won’t play the young lad , McWilliams brother there because he didn’t bring him on against Peterborough .
I would then have McWilliams and Foley holding ( foley needs to step up ).
Grimes and Hoskins further forward .
Rico and Waters up front .
He doesn’t rate Waters though and so Lord only knows who he will pick .
Pierre is also very lucky to still be in the side . I’m not convinced he isn’t just a lump .
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #297 on: October 09, 2017, 10:34:30 am »

To be fair, stats show that in 8 of the 11 games (11 of the 14 if you include cup games) there isn't much wrong with our defence. We've imploded on 3 occasions, the worst by far being on Saturday.

I cannot recall ever seeing a defence have such little protection in front of it than ours did on Saturday. We may as well have had 7 players on the pitch because the midfield unit went awol as soon as the match started. No defence is going to hold off 6 v 4 situation which was effectively the case against Rovers.

Like I said on a previous post, I predicted at ht we'd lose by at least 4 goals if JFH didn't sort out the midfield. He waited until goal number 2 went in and then took off the only recognised midfielder (Grimes I would argue is more of a winger/bitty player based on his career up to when he joined us) and replaced him with an attacking player. It made zero sense, I couldn't get my head around what he was thinking. And still can't!

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 09, 2017, 10:59:56 am »

He waited until goal number 2 went in and then took off the only recognised midfielder (Grimes I would argue is more of a winger/bitty player based on his career up to when he joined us) and replaced him with an attacking player. It made zero sense, I couldn't get my head around what he was thinking. And still can't!

He probably thought we'd already lost - may as well bring Mcgugan and Hoskins on for much needed game time. Foley also looked short of match fitness. Really hoping with the week off, we look a totally different and fresher side against Wimbledon. Probably very wishful thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest1269

« Reply #299 on: October 09, 2017, 11:09:35 am »

Obviously I'm a football tactic dullard - but so many comments on playing this player here or there and words of wisdom on preferred formation - frankly most of it IMHO is bollox. What I saw was a frightening lack of passion, complete lack of the basics of closing the man down & having the balls to win 50-50 situation and general unawareness of where on the pitch a team mate was - until JFH sorts this out it doesn't matter who plays or where as we will continue to be whipping boys for teams skill wise are probably no better than us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: