The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:34:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crewe match thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crewe match thread  (Read 4235 times)
ArmchairCobbler81

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 22:51:10 pm »

I agree with the majority of the positives that people have pointed out about tonight.

Just to keep our feet on the ground I'd say there were a few negatives.

.Dunny seemingly not controlling his box and making a terrible mistake again.

. Defence at times pedestrian and targeted by Crewe through balls all game (resulting in penalty)

. Holty looked flat to me (despite scoring)  taken off after 60 odd minutes

. Johnno and Leon taken off with knocks.

Overall though the positives outweighed the negatives, but there is still plenty to work on

My god, you simply cannot please some people can you  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2011, 23:20:44 pm »

Ever the contrarian:

Hall needs to shoulder the blame for their first, he simply didn't pick up their 18 from the free kick, but Dunn showed again hi susceptibility to low hard hit shots in the corners.
Crewe could easily have been two up in five minutes - Tozer at fault with his one a game hari kari imitiation.
Harrad looked like trouble, always running hard off the ball, working his defenders and strong in possession. I liked what I saw.  His turning volley that just flew over was Bergkamp or Van Basten-esque.  I know Huddersfield fans who are unhappy they didn't sign him (or make any attacking signing for that matter).  He'd have been a bargain at £350k.
We should have had a penalty just before Jacobs scored, he was blatantly tripped in the area.  I thought Jacobs was a threat all night.
Crewe penalty? He made a meal of it but it was a definite penalty.  Hall made no attempt to play the ball, but from where I sat was it really in the area?
Osman.  I am not his greatest fan, but I thought he was outstanding tonight.  A fantastic defensive performance, and a goal which frankly I didn't think he had in him.  Where did that burst of pace come from?
Conversely, first half Harrad and McKenzie were isolated, we looked a bit one paced on the left side of midfield.  Some of Jacobs' breaks were begging a few more bodies pushing into the area.
I think we scored 6 goals from 6 chances - correct?  It was one of those games when everything hit the back of the net.
Beckwith commanding on the evening. But Paul Rodgers?  OMG.
If the programme is anything to go by, we have a very large squad compared to Crewe (and I echo those who've questioned why we have no competitive reserve team).   
I thought the crowd was disappointing for a big new signing.  And as for Clarence, he managed to kill nearly all the singing dead in its tracks because he couldn't bloody well drum.  Four beats to the bar drifted into 3 beats. 
We might now win 3 league games on the bounce for the first time in nearly a year.
Our biggest score at Sixfields -correct?
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2011, 23:33:34 pm »

I thought the result was very harsh on Crewe, who I thought played some nice, neat football and clearly have some players with ability in their side. As has been said, we were ruthless in front of goal for a change and a couple of our goals were amusing.

Holt's was a case of "Where is everybody? They were here a minute ago!" and McKay's rounded off an evening of farce.

Brilliant song from the Alex boys; "6-1 and you f***ed it up".

Not as good as "You may as well have t*ts" to the linesman who gave the penalty!. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2011, 00:45:47 am »

just noticed the attendance was only just over 4,000.

thats dissapointing.
Report Spam   Logged
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2011, 04:57:56 am »

thats dissapointing.

There was a distanct lack of kids around in the East family stand so that maybe the reason, with a night match that is always an issue though.

Wasnt exactly a lot of away fans either so all in all considering that I guess attendance was as expected.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Marvo

« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2011, 07:02:07 am »

Ever the contrarian:

but Dunn showed again hi susceptibility to low hard hit shots in the corners.

Hard and low yes, but in the corner? It was straight at him and he let it slip through his body.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2011, 08:38:57 am »

thats dissapointing.

You might have noticed but there is a recession going on. i'd say 4k was good
Report Spam   Logged
SATURDAY BANANA

« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:57 am »

How funny is this from a Crew message board?

#4 02 Feb 2011 00:23    Complain | Quote and reply to userReply to user
Signed: September 2009    re: re: half time talk ...
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
     We came in at 3-1 down. Dario said "keep playing the same in the second half"
we did and lost 6-2.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2011, 12:06:41 pm »

Only other 6 I can recall was when we beat Bournemouth 6-0 at the County Ground in the mid 70's. All six came in the first half
Yes, I was there in Hotel End, I think all goals at our end anyone recall? - and a boring 2nd half. Also month before we stuffed Barnsley 5-0 with 3 goals in first 15mins and 2 in last 10 mins and borefest in the middle hour.

Fantastic stuffing last night against a top 4 team.  The team gelled and worked incredibly hard, we defended from front at long last: Harrad & Leon held the ball up brilliantly - so it didn't keep come back to midfield / defence (Billy take note please), Walker is the missing link always wanting the ball and his energy and range of passing was superb: MoM.
First 3 goals were stunners. Just hope we are taking a game at time and sort out any sort of win v Barnet. Chairman's quote: hoping for a few more on gate this weekend - I think no doubt about that!
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2011, 20:02:22 pm »

I thought it was Beckwith who "tripped" the Crewe player.
Report Spam   Logged
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2011, 20:23:43 pm »

How funny is this from a Crew message board?

#4 02 Feb 2011 00:23    Complain | Quote and reply to userReply to user
Signed: September 2009    re: re: half time talk ...
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
     We came in at 3-1 down. Dario said "keep playing the same in the second half"
we did and lost 6-2.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

thats got to be 1 for the Fanzine  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2011, 06:28:41 am »

Just seen the highlights...

Good decision from the Lino regarding Holt's goal, he was definately onside, if he had squared it though i'd imagine the flag would have gone up as there were others offside when the free kick was taken...

The penalty looks a shocker, from both the actual dive and location, looks outside the area to me.

Dunny should have done better for the second as well, we were slow to close the shooter down and Dunn was a bit slow going for the shot i reckon.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2011, 07:38:09 am »

Yeah , if i was the ref i would have given that on the edge but then again i would have sent miller off because I think hes a twat. Probably why im not a ref lol
Report Spam   Logged

Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2011, 08:15:25 am »

It was definatly a penelty, Beckwith has stuck his leg out and to me looks just inside the area but there man has made a meal of it. To be fair to the ref and linesman they did a good job on that, The lino was in a better posistion and had the balls to make the call and the ref has trusted his judgment. How often have we seen lino's bottle giving decisions and leave it all up to the ref. Luckly Dunn's save has changed the game in our favour.

Holts done very well with his goal, he was well on side but 2-3 others were off, so had he passed then the flag would have gone up but thats experiance for you.

Nice to see Harrad point to the badge when he celebrated his goal. Seems like he's fitting into the team on and off the pitch which is what you need for new signings to do.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:27:50 am by Iest_ntfc » Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Marvo

« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2011, 08:17:11 am »

It was definatly a penelty, Hall has stuck his leg out and to me looks just inside the area but there man has made a meal of it. To be fair to the ref and linesman they did a good job on that, The lino was in a better posistion and had the balls to make the call and the ref has trusted his judgment. How often have we seen lino's bottle giving decisions and leave it all up to the ref. Luckly Dunn's save has changed the game in our favour.

Agree, though it was Beckwith that made the challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnFrainInThe93rd

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:08 am »

For those that havent seen the goals again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/9385864.stm

Shame didnt show Harrads shot (North Stand End) or his hold up play for winning the free kick.

Great call on the lino for the Holt goal, really thought he was off at the time.  For the penalty, the lad made a meal of it, but the leg was out, looks like it was on the edge of area for me.   
Report Spam   Logged
GreenleysCobbler

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2011, 10:48:10 am »

I sit in the DB stand and it happened right in front of me.  At the time I said dive and outside the area.  Now I think it was probably a foul but still outside the box.  Hardly surprising it caused so much confusion for the officials (and judging by the agro they took the commentators).  Bloody great save to end it all though
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2011, 10:53:31 am »

I sit in the DB stand and it happened right in front of me.  At the time I said dive and outside the area.  Now I think it was probably a foul but still outside the box.  Hardly surprising it caused so much confusion for the officials (and judging by the agro they took the commentators).  Bloody great save to end it all though

It was a bit confusing, the ref waved play on but the linesman signalled for the foul. The ref then consulted the lino and the penalty was given. To be honest I thought the ref got it right (by not giving it) but looking at the reply it looked more like a foul than I first thought. I am unsure if it was in or outside the area though!
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2011, 11:21:41 am »

When they were awarded the penalty I can't be the only person who thought it doesn't matter as we are going to score more goals than them. 
Report Spam   Logged
JohnWally

View Profile
Level 5 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »

I'm pretty certain there was a 6-0 v Preston in 1985/86,  the season before promotion.   It was a Tuesday night and Richard Hill scored a hat-trick.   I'm sure any stattos will correct me if I'm wrong.

Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: