The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:40:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale away- 17/10/17

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale away- 17/10/17  (Read 9906 times)
guest143

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2017, 21:05:16 pm »

Some of you lot must have rapid cycling bipolar. John Joe came on and made a big difference, saved a point from 2-0 down and a penalty never means a certain goal. Fair play to the team tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2017, 21:05:51 pm »

Would have probably taken just a goal in a loss before the match, so 2 in a draw is a bonus.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2017, 21:11:30 pm »

Need to take this spirit on to Saturday and build on the positive point. A win at the Gills would be massive. No point turning in a turgid performance and loss there.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2017, 21:11:54 pm »

Shocked kin el 2 goals and a point  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
defender

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2017, 21:17:19 pm »

Shocked kin el 2 goals and a point  Shocked
A little late but at least we got a point.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2017, 21:21:27 pm »

Had to miss the friggin second half and all this happens. This country is absolute pants for following football. Still made my week though. Can somebody who was there do the marks out of ten review thing. That bloke at the Chronic is on drugs.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2017, 21:55:02 pm »

Decidedly relevant if we get relegated by 2 points ..................

No Rocking Horse $heit - why is there always one!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2017, 21:59:26 pm »

I blame cj for the loss.

He said we never miss penalties..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2017, 22:03:50 pm »

Just watched the highlights on sky, our boys didn't give up and celebrated the equaliser hard.. lets get behind them.
JFH will keep us in league 1.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2017, 22:06:06 pm »

Thought we were a lot better today ..... Showed plenty of spirit and could see the confidence coming back.
Roll on Saturday !
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2017, 06:53:04 am »

Att: 2138 (Cobbs fans not confirmed...)
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2017, 06:57:50 am »

I blame cj for the loss.

Apart from JJ.  I only ever remember him twice taking a penalty, both times in penalty shoot outs. And he missed both!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2017, 07:39:39 am »

We were very poor until the goal, but at last we showed some fight. How on earth does Powell con a living?

maybe he is excellent at training - if only some one was at training to confirm this?!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2017, 07:42:10 am »

Apart from JJ.  I only ever remember him twice taking a penalty, both times in penalty shoot outs. And he missed both!

always nice when someone thinks they are bigger than the management and decide they know best, so take the penalty ahead of the designated penalty taker...............probably doesn't care enough about the team.

although him and richards can do no wrong, so it must be everyone elses fault.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2017, 08:23:19 am »

I blame cj for the loss.

I was getting a very bad feeling before JJ took it, remembering his 'deliberate' miss in the tin pot cup.
But he's a big unit to say no to, so I'm taking full responsibility.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2017, 08:31:39 am »

If only Revel played he's good at penalties Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:13 am »

Highlights from last night

1. Buchanans celebration , shame on anyone who questioned that man's commitment and passion

2. Audible fans at full time. Rochdale fan "you haven't got a clue lino" cobblers fan " f*** off hes had an amazing game" hahahah 
Report Spam   Logged

guest3023

« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2017, 08:38:45 am »

always nice when someone thinks they are bigger than the management and decide they know best, so take the penalty ahead of the designated penalty taker...............probably doesn't care enough about the team.

although him and richards can do no wrong, so it must be everyone elses fault.

Who was the designated penalty taker? I can't see who was on the pitch who would have been any better than JJ to take it.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2017, 08:42:47 am »

Nobody has ever questioned Buchs commitment. I've been a harsh critic of him but only based on what he lacks going forward - delighted he proved me wrong last night.

The decision for JJ to take the penalty may not have been the greatest but that because he has the will and drive to do it all himself, exactly what we have been missing for most of the season.

As for Rico being in the category of not being able to do any wrong, you must have missed all the comments talking about the fact he is fast approaching / passed his football sell by date.

Amazing how one game can give you a lift, the fact we didn't give in and managed to fightback gives me the hope that maybe just maybe we aren't doomed to slide into league two without a fight. Now to build on it and try and get a run going.

Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2017, 08:58:24 am »

Who was the designated penalty taker? I can't see who was on the pitch who would have been any better than JJ to take it.

according to the manager, it was grimes.

and there were a few candidates better, namely those who don't always miss.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: