The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:28:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

RECRUITMENT

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RECRUITMENT  (Read 5663 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 08:16:34 am »

I have never met KT so cannot comment on the man. I don't even recall hearing him speak!
JFH took over Burton following Gary Rowett when they were in a good place and he only had to continue in the same vein to be a success. QPR was a different proposition, mid table effectively taking over from 'club wrecker' Harry Redknapp and after the initial new manager bounce he struggled to get the best from a squad who were in the PL the previous season and was sacked when 17th after 11 months in charge having had the benefit of two transfer windows. Not much to suggest that he has the experience for our current situation?
Obviously we all hope that they both have a successful time with us but..... from what I can see, taking off my claret spectacles, l struggle to be at all confident.

He took over Burton in the playoffs and went up as champions in League 2. Left them top of league 1 I think?

Qpr had Chris Ramsey and then Neil Warnock after Harry Redknapp. Was different from the premiership team having lost effectively their entire first team squad upon relegation (Since JFH, they are only 1 point above where JFH left them).

Besides that... you are right that he has never been involved in a real relegation scrap. But he currently does have his hands tied with such poor attacking options available to him. The ones who actually look like scoring are currently injured.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 09:48:17 am »

He took over Burton in the playoffs and went up as champions in League 2. Left them top of league 1 I think?

Qpr had Chris Ramsey and then Neil Warnock after Harry Redknapp. Was different from the premiership team having lost effectively their entire first team squad upon relegation (Since JFH, they are only 1 point above where JFH left them).

Besides that... you are right that he has never been involved in a real relegation scrap. But he currently does have his hands tied with such poor attacking options available to him. The ones who actually look like scoring are currently injured.

He didn't have to do much with Burton, just carried on the motion set in place by Gary Rowett.
At QPR, Chris Ramsay suffered from the Harry Redknapp aftershock whilst Neil Warnock was only in post for less than a month.
JFH was sacked after 11 months, not being able to do anything about the situation despite having two transfer windows and funds available.

He will have at least one transfer window to put us right, I hope he does but as you have acknowledged his CV doesn't show a successful experience of this aspect of management previously.  I sincerely hope that he has learnt from his previous experiences for the good and benefit of NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 09:56:27 am »

He will have at least one transfer window to put us right, I hope he does but as you have acknowledged his CV doesn't show a successful experience of this aspect of management previously.  I sincerely hope that he has learnt from his previous experiences for the good and benefit of NTFC.

Likewise. His persistence to insist on playing wingers no matter what (Hanley, Revell, Mcgugan, Crooks, Smith) is making me feel does have an inflexible nature. Unfortunately we have a JED squad of players much more suited to a wingback or a diamond formation.

January is absolutely key for all of us. I expect a winger to come in on loan on January 1st. Potentially another winger and a striker shortly after. No idea how many will be leaving.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 17:34:15 pm »

Likewise. His persistence to insist on playing wingers no matter what (Hanley, Revell, Mcgugan, Crooks, Smith) is making me feel does have an inflexible nature. Unfortunately we have a JED squad of players much more suited to a wingback or a diamond formation.

January is absolutely key for all of us. I expect a winger to come in on loan on January 1st. Potentially another winger and a striker shortly after. No idea how many will be leaving.
Here's a starter for 10
Cornell
Pierre
Waters
Hanley
Powell
Bowditch
Richards
Revell
Hoskins ........
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3103

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 07:24:57 am »

We had scout(s) watching the Villa/Newcastle U23 game last night, Jordan Lyden is one of interest.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 08:38:56 am »

We had scout(s) watching the Villa/Newcastle U23 game last night, Jordan Lyden is one of interest.

We'll have had scouts watching every single 'high level' U23 matches since the moment JFH walked in. As soon as January comes around, I expect we'll have a winger signed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3063

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2017, 09:15:56 am »

A defensive midfield player?? Surely, we should be looking for wingers/strikers, we have enough midfield players already. If your information is correct of course?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 09:50:14 am »

A defensive midfield player?? Surely, we should be looking for wingers/strikers, we have enough midfield players already. If your information is correct of course?

I would think a club is always looking to improve every position, but yes we all know what we need. I'm just passing on info that I read from the Birmingham mail, I thought it would be of interest.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 19:22:55 pm »

Here's a starter for 10
Cornell
Pierre
Waters
Hanley
Powell
Bowditch
Richards
Revell
Hoskins ........

Are you sure about this list, at least 7 of them are ok as reserve players and some of them are even beginning to look good such as Powell.  Was this posted in haste?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 11:03:01 am »

I would take the following off that list, for various reasons (good enough for first team squad, good backup etc).
Cornell
Pierre
Waters
Powell
Richards
Hoskins
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 12:38:23 pm »

I would take the following off that list, for various reasons (good enough for first team squad, good backup etc).
Cornell
Pierre
Waters
Powell
Richards
Hoskins

Precisely - Good judgement
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 13:54:42 pm »

Precisely - Good judgement

Thing is most of us have terrible judgement because we only see it in context here, in player combinations here and under managers and coaches here.

Anyone here thought Jordan Archer would be getting regular MOM awards in the championship?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 20:41:03 pm »

Anybody have an opinion on this?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/11/02/por-northampton-to-sign-free-agent-mcgivern/
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 20:46:06 pm »

Ask Insider if he has seen him at training, should soon tell us if this is to be believed or not.....
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 21:11:08 pm »

Ask Insider if he has seen him at training, should soon tell us if this is to be believed or not.....
He neglected to mention Mcgugan training with us before he signed. Strange.. or maybe hes not quite in the know. Or under orders to shut the fcuk up. Its one of the two.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2017, 21:38:03 pm »

Hoskins/Waters and Powell as de facto wingers have proved to be reasonable options; both looked ok in recent away games. In the last Home game both Hoskins and Powell did ok! Don't quite see why you are so concerned about JFH infexibility on team selection/tactics etc. At the moment we have what we have so its simple; make the best use of the players available.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2017, 21:42:27 pm »

Well done TK for this tip. Not sure if we need another defender tho'.
Report Spam   Logged

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 21:50:31 pm »

Awful player if Shrews/Vale fans are to be believed on Twitter...not seen one positive.

No idea why we would be looking for another left back/defender when attacking options are our problem area
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 05:41:09 am »

Maybe Leon Barnett is properly f***ed and this fella is a replacement.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 08:23:07 am »

Maybe Leon Barnett is properly **** and this fella is a replacement.

Not a bad thought but Poole could cover at CB, especially with JJ and Foley fit now.

Definitely not needed at LB as we have three of them already.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: