The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 11:32:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Daniel Powell

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daniel Powell  (Read 3831 times)
guest2487

Badges: (View All)
« on: October 15, 2017, 15:28:10 pm »

He is a shining light of all our problems. Possibly the worst "winger" we have had in many a year yet he still gets in the team as he is the only winger, ridiculous. His lack of effort is shambolic, at least 5 times yesterday he didn't challenge properly for a header, did a little jump to make it seem like he was going for it but he clearly wasn't. A complete shirker.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 16:14:26 pm »

I don't think it helps to single out any player in particular for this kind of criticism. It is not his fault we signed him.  There are shortcomings all over the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 16:25:17 pm »

Another strange one, from a strange season so far.

He must have ability, he played in the Championship for goodness sake. Is he struggling to settle after being at one club for so long? Or is he just lacking in confidence? That turn and shot was possibly a glimpse of what he can do, but I for one expected to see it more often. I wish he'd just take players on instead of turning back all the time. Oh for an old fashioned winger who takes a full back on.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 16:27:39 pm »

He is a shining light of all our problems. Possibly the worst "winger" we have had in many a year yet he still gets in the team as he is the only winger, ridiculous. His lack of effort is shambolic, at least 5 times yesterday he didn't challenge properly for a header, did a little jump to make it seem like he was going for it but he clearly wasn't. A complete shirker.

Although I don't rate Powell particularly, I think he needs to play simply to give us a wide player and give the team a better balance.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 16:34:01 pm »

Did he put in a single cross yesterday?

For me, our issues lie with the midfield. The back five is OK for this level, but until they receive decent midfield cover we will continue to concede some goals.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 16:49:14 pm »

I don't disagree - I contrast him with Buchs who seems to get a lot of criticism of late ( I still think he is one of our better players) - surely even his critics acknowledge the commitment and effort - Powell on the other hand comes very short in every "effort" criteria.

I think sensible fans accept players with limited ability, being played out of position or even getting no service from the team but this is not the case here - one to get shot of asap
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 17:05:59 pm »

Can you imagine what Chris Wilder would say to him about his lack of effort? No. Because he wouldn't have signed a player like that and would have done his research on him before.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 17:21:37 pm »

I think we are all being a bit harsh on Powelly if I'm honest.
He showed glimpses of genius to go with his guile and cutting edge yesterday plus he's a trier and week in week out he always gives 10%
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 17:21:56 pm »

There was a moment in the first half where Powell had the time and space to whip the ball across the box, but stopped, dithered, then lost it. The reaction from the crowd was pretty hostile and it looked like he was genuinely surprised / shocked by it. Not too long after that he did his turn and shot, which was decent. More of that please and less of the plodding around looking disinterested.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 17:22:26 pm »

He's s*** and not good enough.

Our worst player on the books at the mo.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 17:24:57 pm »

I don't think it helps to single out any player in particular for this kind of criticism. It is not his fault we signed him.  There are shortcomings all over the pitch.

There is shortcomings in lots of places, key difference is most of them are at least trying.

Report Spam   Logged
rachelshubby

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 17:32:44 pm »

You can see why the MK Dons fans nicknamed him 'Marmite', he certainly divides opinion.  He seems to lack consistency and I wouldn't choose him for a relegation battle.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 08:16:39 am »

Well I've seen him play about 10 times now and not once has he produced more than a 6/10 and on most occasions its been far lower than that.

He's our only out and out winger in the squad and for that reason alone his performance level is perhaps more important than any other single player.

He's basically Constantine on the wing. I can actually see why JFH played Revell there now (against Bristol Rovers) - he was hoping for an upgrade!

I finally lost patience with him in the first half on Saturday when he fell over dithering with the ball instead of just crossing it, before then trying to go past the defender on the byline but instead just giving the ball away allowing the defender to comfortably clear.

He then spent the remainder of the game (that turn and shot aside) jumping half heartedly for the ball and playing simple passes backwards or sideways.

He needs dropping for a pro-longed period, we simply cannot afford to carry shirkers or luxury players in our predicament. First and foremost we've got to earn the right to play in any game we play and we need all 10 outfield players to 'join the party'.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 08:19:09 am »

Well I've seen him play about 10 times now and not once has he produced more than a 6/10 and on most occasions its been far lower than that.

He's our only out and out winger in the squad and for that reason alone his performance level is perhaps more important than any other single player.

He's basically Constantine on the wing. I can actually see why JFH played Revell there now (against Bristol Rovers) - he was hoping for an upgrade!

I finally lost patience with him in the first half on Saturday when he fell over dithering with the ball instead of just crossing it, before then trying to go past the defender on the byline but instead just giving the ball away allowing the defender to comfortably clear.

He then spent the remainder of the game (that turn and shot aside) jumping half heartedly for the ball and playing simple passes backwards or sideways.

He needs dropping for a pro-longed period, we simply cannot afford to carry shirkers or luxury players in our predicament. First and foremost we've got to earn the right to play in any game we play and we need all 10 outfield players to 'join the party'.

And replace him with who?
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 08:30:15 am »

Stick Waters and Smith on the wings. Both are quick like to take their man on which is more than that bloody useless Powell does! He is woeful.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 08:33:50 am »

It takes a lot for me to get outwardly angry at our own players but I must confess I completely lost my rag with Powell during the first half when he was one on one with the defender at the byline and failed to cross it.

Absolutely appalling.

2 year contract as well  Huh? Huh? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 08:56:13 am »

Stick Waters and Smith on the wings. Both are quick like to take their man on which is more than that bloody useless Powell does! He is woeful.

I'd go something along those lines. Hoskins and Smith for me personally but only because I think Waters and Rico should be our striking duo.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 08:59:20 am »

I bet any opposition team are happy to see him in our line up because he possesses so little threat. I could say the same for Bowditch. Our recruitment has been so poor and questions of this process need to be asked.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 11:32:18 am »

Drop him from the team and the match day squad for a few weeks. He offers very little and needs to be removed for his sake and ours. Hopefully, he can come back focused and able.

He might be the only out and out winger but he has been woeful (others have offered something to support). I expect nothing good to happen when he has the ball.

Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
guest2995

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 11:39:26 am »

MK Dons must be laughing their pants off .
So far we have taken Powell , Bowditch and Revell off their hands .
We have been mugged off
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: