The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:44:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gills away (Saturday)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gills away (Saturday)  (Read 10941 times)
WasRambo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #160 on: October 21, 2017, 20:05:46 pm »

Just seen the goals,  great stuff. Think their keeper will not be happy with our first but he wasnt stopping the 2nd.

Defending a bit ropey on their goal...

Great win though, keep it going Jimmy...
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2017, 20:07:09 pm »

Tony or Cecil??? Lets have some clarity, who really is Everbrite?
This could almost match the Jack the Ripper case study!
Tony. But I think that we all knew that anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2017, 20:07:41 pm »

0-6; 0-1; 1-1; 2-1. From the depths, that’s steady progress that will build confidence. Jimmy seems to understand his plates and the support they need. I’m sure it will be onwards and upwards!
Understand his plates? I thought he was Dutch not Greek!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #163 on: October 21, 2017, 20:17:16 pm »

Thank you. I am glad that someone agrees with me. With regard to getting people talking, hes just another w@nker that loves to say "I told you so"

it could've been worse, he was definitely taking the club over before KT came in with actual money, and an actual plan.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 21, 2017, 20:34:15 pm »

No Baldy today and we win...coincidence?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 21, 2017, 20:44:15 pm »

Has anyone come up with a Matt Grimes chant that involves him being a MVP at Ultimate Frisbee as a junior at national level yet?

No not yet
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2017, 22:00:12 pm »

Im still waiting. Its now 20:45 Tony.

Unlike you seated in a comfy armchair all afternoon have only just got back from Gillingham. I happen to know Insider so it will be discourteous of me to comment in an unfavourable manner.  If I remember correctly back in the DC crisis days Insider was amongst the small party of dedicated fans who did a lot of good work for the Club. Also on a coach journey to Chesterfield 3/4 years ago the Drivers Mirror Arm fell off. He was the only member who had the balls to clamber up the side of the bus and fix the problem. As the Marquis always remind us if you don't like the thread or poster you don't have to read it. Not sure why you are letting Insider get to you? I quite like him!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2017, 22:06:54 pm »

You're such a boring gimp Cecil..

For the first time in ages you surprised us all with your correct prediction of today's game. Big improvement on your boring doom laden forecasts on here. Thanks , keep it up.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 21, 2017, 22:52:58 pm »

The funny thing about today was that Gillingham allowed all the supporters who had tickets for the roofless away end to sit in the seated covered stand. So all that fuss about the stands/ST was much ado about nothing!

As for the game basically the slightly better side won if only for the two classy goals.  Ingram made a couple of fine saves and was a rock through out. All the back 4 did ok including McWilliams who was up against the tricky Parker. Many round me thought that Taylor was the pick of the back 4 although Pierre had an improved game. Very impressed with Poole particularly 2nd half; Grimes did ok but his goal was splendid, memories of MTaylor in its execution. JJOT enjoyed himself swotting a few unlucky Gills, only spoken to twice and not booked all game. Foley was impressive when he came on tackling back and most importantly running with ball at them in the last 15 mins. Powell had a very good first half and scored a cracker which I thought that the 6' 4" goalie might/should have done better. Very tempted to make Powell my MOM as he has suffered a lot on here. Hoskins also had a good first half, but like Powell seemed to disappear a bit second half. In fact Hoskins gave their left back some trouble. Long played a selfless game but did well overall. Thought that JFH managed the game well with his substitutions. If anybody deserved a plaudit today it was him.
In conclusion the side appears to be gelling satisfactorily but in reality some issues remain with some poor passing out from defence,  some negative midfield play and sorry to say it but Long is not the answer along with Hoskins and Powell. Possibly a player playing along side Long might make him more potent. Hoskins and Powell just need to up their game and offer more consistency. Gillingham looked a poor side and occasionally we made them look like one.

E&OE

Report Spam   Logged

CallMeJoe

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2017, 00:09:45 am »

Well, after the last couple of weeks it's a welcome breather.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2017, 07:54:48 am »

Sounded on the radio, that we played well and had a fair amount of chances,which was great to hear obviously. Jimmy was saying that Powell lacks belief and is excellent in training,so hopefully this will push him on a level, as he regularly has shots ,shooting opportunities

And you can see that Powell has it in him -  his first touch for the goal was sublime. Hopefully the goal will do him a world of good
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2017, 08:06:57 am »

Only Powell knows why his confidence is so fragile but he has to play well not just occasionally but regularly.  Football is littered with players who promise much but deliver little.  Lets face it, he has been on the list of signings who have left most of us bemused. Prove we are wrong Mr Powell and that yesterday was not a flash in the pan.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2017, 08:49:02 am »

The funny thing about today was that Gillingham allowed all the supporters who had tickets for the roofless away end to sit in the seated covered stand. So all that fuss about the stands/ST was much ado about nothing!

As for the game basically the slightly better side won if only for the two classy goals.  Ingram made a couple of fine saves and was a rock through out. All the back 4 did ok including McWilliams who was up against the tricky Parker. Many round me thought that Taylor was the pick of the back 4 although Pierre had an improved game. Very impressed with Poole particularly 2nd half; Grimes did ok but his goal was splendid, memories of MTaylor in its execution. JJOT enjoyed himself swotting a few unlucky Gills, only spoken to twice and not booked all game. Foley was impressive when he came on tackling back and most importantly running with ball at them in the last 15 mins. Powell had a very good first half and scored a cracker which I thought that the 6' 4" goalie might/should have done better. Very tempted to make Powell my MOM as he has suffered a lot on here. Hoskins also had a good first half, but like Powell seemed to disappear a bit second half. In fact Hoskins gave their left back some trouble. Long played a selfless game but did well overall. Thought that JFH managed the game well with his substitutions. If anybody deserved a plaudit today it was him.
In conclusion the side appears to be gelling satisfactorily but in reality some issues remain with some poor passing out from defence,  some negative midfield play and sorry to say it but Long is not the answer along with Hoskins and Powell. Possibly a player playing along side Long might make him more potent. Hoskins and Powell just need to up their game and offer more consistency. Gillingham looked a poor side and occasionally we made them look like one.

E&OE
Well done Evers, always enjoy the posts from all the people who were there. Particularly when you get a balance assessment such as this one. Your suggestion aside, do you feel that Long might improve if given a run in the side, or do you think we really have seen the best of him already?

Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2017, 09:14:16 am »

No Baldy today and we win...coincidence?
Grin I'm in London for young Baldy's birthday. Spurs v Liverpool this afternoon.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2017, 09:42:08 am »

I feel that Long is our most effective fwd but needs better support alongside him to be truly effective. That’s not to denigrate the performances of Hoskins and Powell; they played well but a wee bit out of character! It is in our interest (& Longs) if they can maintain this form. Better still improve on it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:37:26 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2017, 13:25:29 pm »

I feel that Long is our most effective fwd but needs better support alongside him to be truly effective. That’s not to denigrate the performances of Hoskins and Powell; they played well but a wee bit out of character! It is in our interest (& Longs) if they can maintain this form. Better still improve on it.
Long is far and away our best striker, desperately needs support, think it will be the Revmeister next week.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2017, 14:49:39 pm »

The energy down the right was great to watch, Hoskins , Mcwilliams and john Joe were hunting in packs. Great to see some urgency in winning the ball back. Reminiscent of the wilder team at times
Report Spam   Logged

guest3103

« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2017, 15:15:41 pm »

I'm comfortable being the 'prick' but I didn't see a lot of what has been posted. I thought we were very poor, thankfully Gillingham were poorer. Two classy goals and I''m delighted to get the 3 points especially in those testing conditions.

I thought Josh Parker was the best player on the pitch and I'd give McWilliams our MOM for a reasonable performance in an unfamiliar position.

You can't fault Hoskins for his work rate but it was the same journey into a dead end far too often. After Waters first touch he actually looked up which was a revelation.

I found Poole very disappointing, twice Hoskins remonstrated with him for 'gibbing' out of a header.

Edit. Considering JFH MO is the high press game we gave them far too much time and space at times.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2017, 15:29:28 pm »

I'm comfortable being thebut I didn't see a lot of what has been posted. I thought we were very poor, thankfully Gillingham were poorer. Two classy goals and I''m delighted to get the 3 points especially in those testing conditions.

I thought Josh Parker was the best player on the pitch and I'd give McWilliams our MOM for a reasonable performance in an unfamiliar position.

You can't fault Hoskins for his work rate but it was the same journey into a dead end far too often. After Waters first touch he actually looked up which was a revelation.

I found Poole very disappointing, twice Hoskins remonstrated with him for 'gibbing' out of a header.

Don't think your review deserves the self proclaimed title of " 'prick' " at all. All views are better than no views. Thought you were a bit harsh on Poole who I thought second half did pretty well. Hoskins instruction must have been 'get down the wing and put in a cross'. Did not always happen but he did get at least 3 in. Parker was a dangerous player whilst on the wing, but then second half he moved inside and was less of a problem. Strangely enough Gills voted Martin their MOM which was a pretty strange choice.
Report Spam   Logged

tcblue

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2017, 16:29:07 pm »

Hi gills fan here I have been following you since jed took over and he did to you what he did to us took us backwards and you seem to follow the same pattern as us up one year down the next with no steady progress I went to the game yesterday and you had a good following but I cant see how you can say the better team won you scored from 2 shots from 25 yards going in of posts  which I cant see you scoring 2 better goals this season you created nothing apart from that you're keeper saved 2 shots very well and we scored one but to say you were the better team I really cant see it if you watch the link below I think its shows a different perspective of the game  maybe I watched a different game or had rose tinted glasses on its funny how 2 sets of fans see 2 different games although at the end of the day its who puts the ball in the net wins end off good luck for the rest of the season see you for the return

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 16:38:06 pm by tcblue » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: