The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:21:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Players out on loan

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Players out on loan  (Read 37635 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 21:39:33 pm »

Also , confirmation that JI will not be anywhere near the first team anytime soon .

Very firm response from JFH on Joe. He says that JI has great ability particularly in the box! and has tried without success to play him at a higher level than at present. His opinion is that JI does not yet offer the ability to perform at a higher level with his team mates. If suitable Club can be found and he does well he may get the break he needs. For the time being - the answer is no! End off!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 22:22:52 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 22:02:54 pm »

Very firm response from JFH on Joe. He says that JI has great ability particularly in the box! and has tried without success to play him at a higher level than at present. His opinion is that JI does not yet offer the ability to perform at a higher level with his team mates. If suitable Club can be found and he does well he may get the break he needs to break into the squad. For the time being - the answer is no! End off!

What a load of old s***e!
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 22:06:42 pm »

Seems a very sensible move from JFH. See how he does out on loan, wait till he scores 25 in 20, recall him, play him a couple of times, then sell him on just in time for KT to have a nice summer holiday.

Luckily we are firing on all cylinders at the minute...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 22:10:37 pm »

Lobjoit has never looked good enough has he? I know he's barely had a chance BUT you can usually tell pretty quickly.

Joey I think is a different case, he definitely has potential but it's not the right environment for him to be in our first team yet. Also he clearly needs to develop his all round game. I trust the club on this one.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 22:29:04 pm »

What a load of old s***e!

Wish I could express opinions like you  Roll Eyes ; the pity is that you couldn't be bothered to attend and tackle JFH head on!
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 22:35:14 pm »

Wish I could express opinions like you  Roll Eyes ; the pity is that you couldn't be bothered to attend and tackle JFH head on!

Rather a long trip, 6 hour round to hear 80% same old rubbish.

You're telling me for one second nevers that having JI in our squad would offer us less than Rico or Revell currently does??

No one knows if he will cut it, including jimmy until he is given an opportunity and our need is great at present.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 22:37:39 pm by Glastonbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 23:03:31 pm »

Rather a long trip, 6 hour round to hear 80% same old rubbish.

You're telling me for one second nevers that having JI in our squad would offer us less than Rico or Revell currently does??

No one knows if he will cut it, including jimmy until he is given an opportunity and our need is great at present.

I know its a long trip, but you did not even bother get the Trust to read out your query on JI; forcibly put I hope. In reality you should have come to the meeting and put the JI question directly to JFH. Its clearly an extremely important issue for you; it must be as it preys on your every thought- yes/no.

In the meantime you can bore everybody on here stiff with your crusade, but it wont change JFH strategy anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2017, 07:23:15 am »

As I have said before , it’s not just JFH that doesn’t think JI is ready for the first team .
I am not sure our youth coaches were up to scratch until this season .
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2017, 07:44:34 am »

I can't comment on Joey (having only seen him for the odd minute thanks to Rob Pages ridiculous substations!) but with regards to Lobjolt, I went to the friendly against R&D in the summer and he looked way out of his depth in that game. I only went because I live in Rushden and specifically wanted to see him play. I came away thinking he's got two hopes of getting in our team…

NOW. I get the 'romantic notion' that we all want to see a local kid striker in the team, particularly at this point because of the goal drought emphasised by the washed up set of forwards we have at our disposal. BUT if he's/they are not considered good enough at this point in time then its got to be respected. JFH cannot be accused of not playing kids, McWilliams has become a fairly regular starter in the team and he's what 18 or 19? Poole as well of course, albeit he's a loanee.

Given Lobjolts age (22?), Im struggling to see how he's going to cut it at this level now. He did 'ok' at Corby but nothing special, went up a notch and can't even get a game. Kind of says it all Im afraid. And those suggesting he should be given 10-15 minutes are letting their hearts rule their heads in this instance.

Joey on the other hand is scoring for fun but at an extremely low level. Probably around the same level as Lobjolt played last season. I must admit Id be tempted to give him a go based on stats only but I cannot pass comment on his ability so I find it difficult to argue his case at this point in time!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2017, 07:51:37 am »

I can't comment on Joey (having only seen him for the odd minute thanks to Rob Pages ridiculous substations!) but with regards to Lobjolt, I went to the friendly against R&D in the summer and he looked way out of his depth in that game. I only went because I live in Rushden and specifically wanted to see him play. I came away thinking he's got two hopes of getting in our team…

NOW. I get the 'romantic notion' that we all want to see a local kid striker in the team, particularly at this point because of the goal drought emphasised by the washed up set of forwards we have at our disposal. BUT if he's/they are not considered good enough at this point in time then its got to be respected. JFH cannot be accused of not playing kids, McWilliams has become a fairly regular starter in the team and he's what 18 or 19? Poole as well of course, albeit he's a loanee.

Given Lobjolts age (22?), Im struggling to see how he's going to cut it at this level now. He did 'ok' at Corby but nothing special, went up a notch and can't even get a game. Kind of says it all Im afraid. And those suggesting he should be given 10-15 minutes are letting their hearts rule their heads in this instance.

Joey on the other hand is scoring for fun but at an extremely low level. Probably around the same level as Lobjolt played last season. I must admit Id be tempted to give him a go based on stats only but I cannot pass comment on his ability so I find it difficult to argue his case at this point in time!

There's a big difference in the significance of someone's all-round game when they are played up front on their own and when they are part of an attacking pair or trio with their main role being getting shots off.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 08:33:12 am »

NOW. I get the 'romantic notion' that we all want to see a local kid striker in the team, particularly at this point because of the goal drought emphasised by the washed up set of forwards we have at our disposal.

That's all it is.

I was talking to a friend on the coaching set up at NTFC about a month ago about the players in training. LL and JI are apparently quite a long way off the standard our current (substandard?!) strikers are at. I get the attitude of 'it can't be any worse', but it really can if the team feel like they are playing with 10 men for the game.

Hopefully both players can hit some sort of form on loan for someone and return to us a much improved player.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Sean_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:32 pm »

Maybe, just maybe this has something to do with Lobjoit being offloaded:

http://www.nuneatontownfc.com/news/double-swoop-transfer-news-2092571.html

They have 2 on loan from Birmingham City/Coventry respectively.?

I dunno, just a stab in the dark to find a reason why he was released.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2017, 16:47:24 pm »

Leon Lobjoit rejoins Corby Town on a months loan.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2018, 17:35:11 pm »

James Gould returned from his loan spell at St Ives Town. Good young goalkeeper.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2018, 18:35:26 pm »

James Gould returned from his loan spell at St Ives Town. Good young goalkeeper.

James Goff
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2018, 18:40:02 pm »

James Goff

Yes, cheers mate.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 13:48:15 pm »

Good to see we have a striker being loaned out to a reasonable standard of football. Hope Waters bangs in a hatful and comes back a different player/sold for lots of £££
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 14:07:29 pm »

Coddington and Cornell out?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 15:02:17 pm »

Good to see we have a striker being loaned out to a reasonable standard of football. Hope Waters bangs in a hatful and comes back a different player/sold for lots of £££

Me too, will finally get a chance to prove himself as a striker this season.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 15:06:17 pm »

Coddington and Cornell out?

Very surprised Coddington hasn't gone back to Wrexham, at least on loan. Maybe Jimmy wants to keep him as backup and is looking to move Cornell on?

I think Goff will fill the 3rd Keeper role, maybe loaned out somewhere higher than his previous loan with a recall clause.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: