The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:38:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Players out on loan

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Players out on loan  (Read 37700 times)
threeinabed

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #280 on: November 15, 2019, 11:05:18 am »

Strange one that because they are in the same division .
I assume it’s down to money being paid in wages by the recipient club , bearing in mind he has done so well.

they wont pay anything
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #281 on: November 15, 2019, 11:39:08 am »

they wont pay anything

Is that a fact ?
I would have thought they pick up some of the wages at least .
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 15, 2019, 12:17:26 pm »

Is that a fact ?
I would have thought they pick up some of the wages at least .

why?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #283 on: January 06, 2020, 18:03:31 pm »

Morgan Roberts recalled from his loan spell at Banbury United. Has been very impressive by all accounts.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 06, 2020, 21:19:50 pm »

Morgan Roberts recalled from his loan spell at Banbury United. Has been very impressive by all accounts.

Good, great prospect...

Much rather have him on the bench than Waters, who really needs to find a new club this window, else he'll be on the out of contract scrapheap when his contract finally expires this Summer
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #285 on: January 07, 2020, 16:41:00 pm »

Billy Waters loaned to Newport County..
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-forward-waters-makes-loan-switch-to-league-two-rivals-1-9193929
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2020, 17:35:33 pm »

Good Evening!

I must admit I don’t know anything about Billy Waters, just reading on My teams message board.               ( Newport) that he’s arrived on loan. As the “local man” I shall be expected to impart the thoughts of the Cobblers fans on his abilities. What should we expect? We certainly need something to stop the downward spiral!

We’ve not been much good since losing at Sixfields... it’s all your fault!

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2020, 17:49:34 pm »

Bang average L2 player. Might score 3 goals in the 6 months. Never actually played upfront for us though, which is supposedly his best position.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2020, 18:26:37 pm »

I believe there is a good player in there with goals in him. But for whatever reason it hasn’t worked out for him in a cobblers shirt like many others that go on to do very well after we release them. 🙄

Good luck billy lad I hope it works out for you.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2020, 18:51:01 pm »

Went on loan to Cheltenham last season. And took a while to get off the mark, then scored 3 in 4 games.
He’s got something but we couldn’t get it out of him....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 20:43:22 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2020, 18:53:42 pm »

Good Evening!

I must admit I don’t know anything about Billy Waters, just reading on My teams message board.               ( Newport) that he’s arrived on loan. As the “local man” I shall be expected to impart the thoughts of the Cobblers fans on his abilities. What should we expect? We certainly need something to stop the downward spiral!

Phil in Northampton

I quite like him and don't think he's a bad player at all, and I think he can get goals given a decent run of games and being utilised in the correct way. I wouldn't expect him to be the answer to your current problems though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2020, 19:58:09 pm »

I feel a bit sorry for Billy Waters because he has never actually done anything wrong whenever he has played .
The fact is , none of the managers post JED rated him .
He is a player that visibly puts effort in and I hope he succeeds at Newport
Report Spam   Logged
phil_in_npton

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #292 on: January 07, 2020, 20:35:03 pm »

Thanks for those thoughts, personally I think at league two level you have to accept some degree of inconsistency and failings, hence why they are at this level. But I like to see the effort being put in, the player showing the same passion and pain that the fans feel. That will make him popular, which should breed confidence, then goals, then results, then play offs...

Be good to have something riding on the last game of the season against the Cobblers.

Phil in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #293 on: January 07, 2020, 21:02:21 pm »

He's clearly a good lad with a decent attitude as our various managers seem to like him. He's shown a good attitude to try and get in the side.  The fact is though he's not performed at any decent level since he's been here and hasn't pullled up any trees out on loan.  Hence never really breaking through under any of the various managers.

So you've got a good hard working pro who will put a shift in.  Don't think he's much more than that I'm afraid.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2020, 07:38:26 am »

Bang average L2 player.

at best

terrible first touch
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2020, 18:24:15 pm »

Ryan Hughes recalled from his loan spell at AFC Rushden & Diamonds. He was in his second month, injured during his first month and didn't get much game time in his second month. Probably recalled with a view to loaning him out to another team, so he can get some games under his belt. 
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2020, 19:39:52 pm »

Good Evening!

Phil in Northampton
He plays a mean piano... and not much else.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2020, 04:36:43 am »

why?

You rang, sir?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2020, 11:24:48 am »

Ryan Hughes recalled from his loan spell at AFC Rushden & Diamonds. He was in his second month, injured during his first month and didn't get much game time in his second month. Probably recalled with a view to loaning him out to another team, so he can get some games under his belt. 

Sent out on loan to Banbury United, from whom Morgan Roberts returned.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3264

« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2020, 11:59:49 am »

Hopefully it means Morgan is ready to be in the squad and give the team of a pacey left footed attacking option!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: