The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:48:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Saints U21's (H) Checkatrade 7/11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Saints U21's (H) Checkatrade 7/11  (Read 7735 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2017, 20:15:49 pm »

Some of the passing both back and square was invariably closed down by them; on some occasions led to lost possession or a hoof to row z. As soon as we followed the crowds advice it all went pear shape for them. Did you not see JFH getting exasperated with the back passing etc ? He also waved to Cornell to get on with it a few times. So who am I to believe you and that other wizard of football science CTone?

Don't give me vicarious responsibility on last nights 'advice'. I have also been witnessing many of the dullards shouting misguided rubbish first hand for over the past 40 years. I know the Cobbler folk as well as anyone, some of them pretty infamous across the years.
If the caps fits Evers, a man who appears to think he has to dissect and review just about every comment made on here. You OK m'duck?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2017, 20:39:09 pm »

Chill out boys, have some highlights. Now available for those of us in our comfy sofa, or those that chose to go, and snipe at those that didnt.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2017, 21:23:20 pm »

So it’s either Portsmouth,Gillingham,Yeovil or West Ham under 21s away next.
I think that’s right.
Don't forget to add Luton Town and MK Wrongs to that list.

Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2017, 21:26:30 pm »

In the man of match thread someone said mcgivern missed a penalty? Is this true? When?
Strange comment!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2017, 21:34:36 pm »

If the caps fits Evers, m'duck?

Yeah Chill out CT .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 22:28:56 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2017, 22:01:39 pm »

I was sat next to a bit of an odd supporter myself last night, but even he was getting very frustrated with certain supporters shouting "forward!", "Get it up theeerrrre!".

😂😂

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2017, 05:54:38 am »

What do you proper fans who go week in and week out through thick and thin think of someone like me. Whilst I have forked out a fair chunk of money on ifollow I am not sure how much the club gets? That is about the sum total of my support. I haven’t been to a game since my old man died and probably never will? Does anyone class someone like me as a supporter or are we just hobbyists? I’ve been to hundreds if not thousands of games in my time, but I still feel like a bit of a fraud if I’m honest.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2017, 06:10:07 am »

What do you proper fans who go week in and week out through thick and thin think of someone like me. Whilst I have forked out a fair chunk of money on ifollow I am not sure how much the club gets? That is about the sum total of my support. I haven’t been to a game since my old man died and probably never will? Does anyone class someone like me as a supporter or are we just hobbyists? I’ve been to hundreds if not thousands of games in my time, but I still feel like a bit of a fraud if I’m honest.
Part timer! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2017, 06:10:17 am »

You are a supporter, the same as the rest of us.

I don't understand the ideology of having to go to every game to be a "proper" supporter. I have a season ticket and go to away games where work allows, you are no different to me, we are both Cobblers supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2017, 06:27:35 am »

I was sat next to a bit of an odd supporter myself last night, but even he was getting very frustrated with certain supporters shouting "forward!", "Get it up theeerrrre!".

Ball retention is absolutely key. Even overweight, hungover lads playing Sunday football are starting to acknowledge this.
Grin
The gobby bell end who sits behind me most weeks disputes almost every offside decision on the grounds that "They should never have changed the rule!" (Referring to players being active/inactive) The fact that they have changed it doesn't seem to stop him complaining about it, nor does it stop him verbally abusing the lino for correctly enforcing it! See also any yellow card given to a Cobblers player ("Wasn't even a foul! It's a physical game! Fifa have ruined this sport!")
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2017, 07:41:17 am »

Well worth a look at the series of tweets underneath this one.

https://twitter.com/uglygame/status/928237438052524032

14% rise in attendances is a misleading stat if you quote it in isolation. Last year's gates were ~50% down on the year before so gates are still down by a third on what they were.

Particularly pertinent is the question of what happens when England get knocked out of Russia 2018 in the group stage/2nd round. I can certainly foresee Scudamore & Glenn knocking on Shaun Harvey's door with a wad of "proposals" backed up by some more TV dosh.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2017, 08:00:20 am »

I would say that anyone who follows the club from the other side of the world is definitely a supporter! Anyone who cares, who wants to know how players are doing, who takes time to comment on the current issues is a supporter.

I don't get to many games now but I bet I care every bit as much as most season ticket holders. I accept there are some absolute fanatics but that's not me anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #212 on: November 09, 2017, 08:15:16 am »

Of course you are a supporter - in fact far more so than the freeloaders who pretty much every week pick up complimentary tickets.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2017, 08:19:02 am »

Well worth a look at the series of tweets underneath this one.

https://twitter.com/uglygame/status/928237438052524032

14% rise in attendances is a misleading stat if you quote it in isolation. Last year's gates were ~50% down on the year before so gates are still down by a third on what they were.

Particularly pertinent is the question of what happens when England get knocked out of Russia 2018 in the group stage/2nd round. I can certainly foresee Scudamore & Glenn knocking on Shaun Harvey's door with a wad of "proposals" backed up by some more TV dosh.

Last nights Grimsby v Sunderland U21's game produced the lowest attendance EVER for a competitive game of football played in England. Both teams were already out of the competition before kickoff, which probably went some way towards the gate being a paltry 248......this included (officially) 5 away fans!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:53 am »

I would say that anyone who follows the club from the other side of the world is definitely a supporter! Anyone who cares, who wants to know how players are doing, who takes time to comment on the current issues is a supporter.

I don't get to many games now but I bet I care every bit as much as most season ticket holders. I accept there are some absolute fanatics but that's not me anyway.

Melly - You are doing fine!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:19:07 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #215 on: November 09, 2017, 09:17:56 am »

Thanks for the pep talk everyone. I feel better now, I thought you’d all call me a tit?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2017, 16:06:40 pm »

No cj or razor either..they're all partimers
unavoidably detained at sea but I knew we'd win if it went to pens.
Booking my tickets for Wembley now.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2017, 17:16:53 pm »

Last nights Grimsby v Sunderland U21's game produced the lowest attendance EVER for a competitive game of football played in England. Both teams were already out of the competition before kickoff, which probably went some way towards the gate being a paltry 248......this included (officially) 5 away fans!
Yep, and apparently one of the 5 was a Leeds supporter 'celebrating' his 65th birthday with his son (a Sunderland supporter).
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2017, 15:14:51 pm »

Here is some decent news now and
Grin
The gobby bell end who sits behind me most weeks disputes almost every offside decision on the grounds that "They should never have changed the rule!" (Referring to players being active/inactive) The fact that they have changed it doesn't seem to stop him complaining about it, nor does it stop him verbally abusing the lino for correctly enforcing it! See also any yellow card given to a Cobblers player ("Wasn't even a foul! It's a physical game! Fifa have ruined this sport!")

Talking about decent news BoN today I received my new Trust Membership Card and what a beauty it is ; discreet yellow background with crest and letters in maroon. Real showpiece card which I flashed in Harrods and received several admiring glances from a couple of Sloan Ranger girls. Whatever you say about the Trust they know how to treat members.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 16:09:34 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2017, 04:53:53 am »

Here is some decent news now and
Talking about decent news BoN today I received my new Trust Membership Card and what a beauty it is ; discreet yellow background with crest and letters in maroon. Real showpiece card which I flashed in Harrods and received several admiring glances from a couple of Sloan Ranger girls. Whatever you say about the Trust they know how to treat members.
Perhaps it was not the card at all Evers. Perhaps it was the smoking jacket, cravat and jaunty angle of your Panama hat that set the pulses racing?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: