The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:14:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm  (Read 4175 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« on: November 13, 2017, 12:38:28 pm »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/kelvin_thomas_facebookqa_nov17/

Chance to ask KT whatever you like from the comfort of your own keyboard & chair.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 16:44:54 pm »

another one for random and beds to pretend they've already got prior engagements for
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:11 am »

another one for random and beds to pretend they've already got prior engagements for

Would have thought that Exile & Man04 will ask a question or two?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 09:02:45 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 09:36:49 am »

Just before Peaky Blinders , which suits me fine .
The challenge is to get KT to tell you something you didn’t already know !
He is a master at not really answering questions that are more in depth .
You almost have to ask him a closed question to get anything out of him .
That’s no criticism by the way , I admire his style !
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 10:08:55 am »

Let's hope something of substance comes out of it.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:37 am »

Be interesting to see if we get some new information out of this, or if KT is still playing the "better no news than bad news" card still.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 12:23:41 pm »

Just before Peaky Blinders , which suits me fine .
The challenge is to get KT to tell you something you didn’t already know !
He is a master at not really answering questions that are more in depth .
You almost have to ask him a closed question to get anything out of him .
That’s no criticism by the way , I admire his style !

When you ask him a closed question he answers it by creating another question. He's brilliant at it. You end up leaving the room initially believing you know lots more, only for it to sink in later that you know precisely what you did at the start of the day!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 13:28:03 pm »

Ive been blocked for several years now from the ntfc official FB site for asking questions during the Cardoza era, so if someone could be as kind to ask this question on my behalf,
Why does the beef bovril taste like chicken?

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 13:53:29 pm »

Ive been blocked for several years now from the ntfc official FB site for asking questions during the Cardoza era, so if someone could be as kind to ask this question on my behalf,
Why does the beef bovril taste like chicken?

Pathetic. Do you have a serious question you’d like answering? Or do you just like to moan and stamp your feet?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 15:51:24 pm »

When you ask him a closed question he answers it by creating another question. He's brilliant at it. You end up leaving the room initially believing you know lots more, only for it to sink in later that you know precisely what you did at the start of the day!  Grin Grin
Ha ha .... yes , I’m glad there is someone else out there that notices that  !
You have to be Jeremy Paxman to get any information at all out of KT publicly.
The other thing he is brilliant at is waffling on , stating the obvious but making it seem interesting .
Occasionally he gets drawn into uncomfortable ground like the last forum and the question about non disclosure of transfer fees .
Once again , I admire the way he evades subjects and have used his techniques myself !
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 16:00:53 pm »

I don't think that dodging questions or putting a spin on straight questions is an admirable trait. As many, in addition to myself, have said on this site it is time for some clarity from our Chairman on those issues which are going to determine our future.  Or do we all want to stay silent and look forward to returning to away days at Morecambe & Newport?
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 16:07:45 pm »

Pathetic. Do you have a serious question you’d like answering? Or do you just like to moan and stamp your feet?
Maybe we should ask him is Scunny an easier game than Bury?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 16:11:20 pm by Dr Feelgood » Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest49

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 16:10:53 pm »

If there are some succinct and pointed questions. He won't look clever, he will look like a bit of a 'Cardoza' which is not meant in any other way, other than meaning avoiding the question at hand. Politicians do it on a daily basis, so hardly some masterful and highly intelligent tactic.
Having said that, unless he gives the answers that some wish to hear he'll get shot down regardless.
Fair play, he either wants to put a few mistruths right, has some good news to deliver or is going to throw the council under the bus for a presently unknown reason.
It'll just be great if we find out any short/mid term plans which are in motion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 16:29:24 pm »

If there are some succinct and pointed questions. He won't look clever, he will look like a bit of a 'Cardoza' which is not meant in any other way, other than meaning avoiding the question at hand. Politicians do it on a daily basis, so hardly some masterful and highly intelligent tactic.
Having said that, unless he gives the answers that some wish to hear he'll get shot down regardless.
Fair play, he either wants to put a few mistruths right, has some good news to deliver or is going to throw the council under the bus for a presently unknown reason.
It'll just be great if we find out any short/mid term plans which are in motion.
Well that will be a first because no one has shot him down yet for not answering questions directly and there have been lots of instances of it .
He is within his rights to hold as much back as he wishes. The supporters have no divine right to information , even though it is good PR to reveal things to those that  are essentially customers .
I do think a good line of intelligent questioning though is required by people who refuse to get fobbed off
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 16:39:19 pm »

In tangible terms, was does the Chinese investment of £x millions mean? (Probably long term partnership to learn from UK market...yes exactly)

What is delaying and/or preventing the completion of the East stand and/or future ground development? (probably complex legal issues or council related issues or both, with the addition of plan changes with Chinese investment)

Can the club share any future development plans, aspirational or otherwise? (Probably doesn't want to over promise and under deliver and linked to legal issues)

It's a fine line to tread between being economical with the truth and telling downright porkies, so hopefully there are valid reasons for the lack of clarity so far. Maybe to avoid telling porkies?!

What may come out is that the majority of the fan base probably aren't too bothered about the ground and he might even pick up some grief over the (still) missing £10m from the Npton public. Personally, as a fan I have an interest but certainly not an obsession like some and don't lose sleep over it. I think if we click some season soon and find ourselves in the Championship it'll somewhat force the issue of expansion.
He's no Cardoza (in the other sense!) and may not hold the winning ticket but there are a lot worse chairmen out there.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 16:44:02 pm »

He is within his rights to hold as much back as he wishes. The supporters have no divine right to information

That's straight from the 'Cardoza school of being a football chairman' and rarely leads to a happy relationship or ending. Thankfully he doesn't, from the testaments of the several who do communicate with him.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 17:24:42 pm »

I hope the club or a 'hotelender' keep us neanderthal's in touch with information who are not on facebook!

I do not think KT would be shot down if he outlined his target plans for the stadium (even if he does not achieve it in the future).

Does he have any plans to try and sign up any of the loan players in January, plus have they approached any forward players to sign on January 1st?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 18:07:53 pm »

In all seriousness, KT now needs to come out with the plans (whatever they are) on the assumption that HE/Chinese get what they require from the council to proceed.

'An idiots guide to their aspirations and what issues need to be overcome to achieve them' if you like.

It surely cannot be that difficult.

No body is comparing him with the chancer we had before. No body. But I do get the impression that he is using 'previous experiences from A Cobblers perspective' as a way of holding back information.

I understood that initially, but as time keeps passing and nothings happening (seemingly) he should show his cards now. Thats my stance on it. Of course the detail is probably not possible, I get that. But he could surely outline the general plans that they have?

Report Spam   Logged
Benji

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 18:11:06 pm »

Would be interested to know the possibility of keeping McGugan beyond Christmas and the loans beyond the season.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 19:04:48 pm »

I'm right behind Kelvin Thomas in what he's trying to do and believe he has the best interests of the club at heart. Yes, this is probably in line with his own interests too, but I've no problem with that; if it wasn't for him we wouldn't still have a club. Whether other people take issue with that or not, it's true. So I'm not in the foot-stamping, paddy throwing mode of certain other posters on here with regards the lack of progress. However...

He does have a tendency to avoid giving a straight answer to a straightforward question. I seem to remember the last time he was asked about the nature of the legal issues holding things up he shrugged it off with something along the lines of "I'm not going to pretend to understand it, smarter people than me are dealing with it". I don't buy that for a second. He might not know the precise intricacies of it (but he's a smart man and I suspect he does), but he certainly has enough knowledge that he could give a precis of the situation, yet he chooses not to. He's treating the supporters a bit like children, and I think it's about time he showed a bit more faith in us, or at least explain why he doesn't want to give an honest answer about what's going on.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 19:17:05 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: