The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:30:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm  (Read 4200 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 19:09:29 pm »

In all seriousness, KT now needs to come out with the plans (whatever they are) on the assumption that HE/Chinese get what they require from the council to proceed.

'An idiots guide to their aspirations and what issues need to be overcome to achieve them' if you like.

It surely cannot be that difficult.

No body is comparing him with the chancer we had before. No body. But I do get the impression that he is using 'previous experiences from A Cobblers perspective' as a way of holding back information.

I understood that initially, but as time keeps passing and nothings happening (seemingly) he should show his cards now. Thats my stance on it. Of course the detail is probably not possible, I get that. But he could surely outline the general plans that they have

Wouldn't the lessons from the previous chairman (kind description) teach you the opposite, i.e. be as open and transparent as possible?! If there are any whiffs of complicated legal issues, no one could be accused if they voiced a few concerns, regardless of the actual circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 21:25:17 pm »

As all good poker players know, you look for the 'tell'
From the many previous kt facebook appearances his was very much in evidence.
Did anyone else spot it?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 09:39:04 am »

Like you could work out a "tell" Beds!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 09:53:40 am »

Like you could work out a "tell" Beds!

Especially when KT’s going to be at the other end of a keyboard - it’s not like we’re going to be able see him twitching or avoiding eye contact when he answers a question. More likely is that Gareth Wilshere will be sitting next to him advising him on what to disclose. I must admit that I am much more interested in on the pitch questions regarding if we have anyone lined up for the window than I am with the saga of the ground. Just a question for alistair slowe - I’m assuming that this Facebook W& a is going to make your planned face to face meeting unnecessary?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 10:13:50 am »

.......... Just a question for alistair slowe - I’m assuming that this Facebook W& a is going to make your planned face to face meeting unnecessary?

Ah ha?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:01 am »

Especially when KT’s going to be at the other end of a keyboard - it’s not like we’re going to be able see him twitching or avoiding eye contact when he answers a question. More likely is that Gareth Wilshere will be sitting next to him advising him on what to disclose. I must admit that I am much more interested in on the pitch questions regarding if we have anyone lined up for the window than I am with the saga of the ground. Just a question for alistair slowe - I’m assuming that this Facebook W& a is going to make your planned face to face meeting unnecessary?
Didn’t Gareth advise DC back in the day?
I remember he was part of the set up that’s currently embroiled in controversy,from memory I think he was communications officer for the club/spokesman for the DC regime.
If I was Gareth my advising days would be over and I’d be content to go with the flow and take my wage each month!!
What you don’t know won’t hurt you as the saying goes...
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 10:42:24 am »

I wasn’t casting any aspersions about Gareth - I think he’s genuinely a loyal, hardworking clubman who was taken in by cardoza as much as the rest of us were.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 11:03:35 am »

I'd imagine so mate.

See what happens tonight I guess...
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 12:59:45 pm »

As all good poker players know, you look for the 'tell'
From the many previous kt facebook appearances his was very much in evidence.
Did anyone else spot it?

Still no sensible questions I see!!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 15:20:13 pm »

I wasn’t casting any aspersions about Gareth - I think he’s genuinely a loyal, hardworking clubman who was taken in by cardoza as much as the rest of us were.
I have no reason to doubt him and it’s fair to say he wasn’t complicit in any of the shenanigans,if he was he would have been one of those charged by the police in relation to the ongoing investigation.
I imagine he was interviewed regards the situation as when all said and done it would be a pretty poor police investigation if the clubs communications officer and DCs right hand man(when I met DC Gareth was present jotting down notes and putting his two penneth in) wasn’t interviewed.
I’d imagine he’d have plenty of jotted notes from the DC period and his information of what he did or didn’t know and when he did or didn’t know it would be vital to any investigation.
The fact he is still in a job suggests that he was just a spokesman for the club and just did as he was told.
I can say that when I met DC Gareth acted more like a right hand man than a communications officer and revelled in threats of legal action etc.
I thought he went above and beyond his job of media officer that day....

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 16:29:30 pm »

Now call me an old cynic, but I can’t get past the somewhat obvious belief that this is a mere public relations excercise. As such I am afraid I am a bit bored by the prospect of it. The only possible occurrence of any interest would be if one of the contributors thinks up a question of significant gravity that the press has failed to ask and crucially KT feels inclined to actually answer it frankly. As both, especially the latter, are unlikely I can’t get motivated to be involved. This is not a criticism you understand, engaging with supporters is absolutely the right thing to do and KT seems a thoroughly decent chap. It just seems a bit pointless as at the end of the day, KT will have almost certainly already revealed everything that he wants or is able to disclose.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 16:38:09 pm »

Q - what's your favourite colour?

Q - would you rather fight a horse size duck or a hundred duck sized horses?

Q - would you rather have finger sized legs or leg sized fingers?

Q - When will the East Stand be finished?

Q - How much profit have you made from the sale of shares to 5USport?

Q - Pot noodles forever Chicken and Mushroom or Bombay Bad Boy?

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3114

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 17:17:24 pm »

Q - what's your favourite colour?

Q - would you rather fight a horse size duck or a hundred duck sized horses?

Q - would you rather have finger sized legs or leg sized fingers?

Q - When will the East Stand be finished?

Q - How much profit have you made from the sale of shares to 5USport?

Q - Pot noodles forever Chicken and Mushroom or Bombay Bad Boy?

I’ll have a go.

1 - A difficult question that whilst the answer to which remains very much subjective, needs to be throughly evaluated before a final decision could be made.

2 - I’m afraid we would need to show due diligence paying particular attention to the preset failure standards of each option before reaching any conclusions.

3 - Whilst on face value this is a simple question the consequences for getting this wrong could be catastrophic. We will be engaging the services of external bodies and consultants to ensure full and proper consideration is given to this matter.

4 - We are working tirelessly behind the scenes to move forward with this as quickly as possible. Whilst there are a number of confidential and sensitive contractual matters to resolve we should be in a position to make an announcement very soon.

5 - The investments made in the club have been made with a number of long term objectives in mind. It is also anticipated that further investments will be needed as progress is made. Therefore any profits if any will only be known once those objectives have come to fruition.

6 - A difficult one that has been at the forefront of our minds for sometime. We intend to engage someone with the relevant experience to conduct an internal review into the options available. Any conclusions will be made public following which we will give everyone an opportunity to voice opinions before any final decision is made.

Simple, I’m surprised you asked?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 17:23:41 pm »

What I thought too. Thanks for confirming
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 17:29:10 pm »

I’ll have a go.

1 - A difficult question that whilst the answer to which remains very much subjective, needs to be throughly evaluated before a final decision could be made.

2 - I’m afraid we would need to show due diligence paying particular attention to the preset failure standards of each option before reaching any conclusions.

3 - Whilst on face value this is a simple question the consequences for getting this wrong could be catastrophic. We will be engaging the services of external bodies and consultants to ensure full and proper consideration is given to this matter.

4 - We are working tirelessly behind the scenes to move forward with this as quickly as possible. Whilst there are a number of confidential and sensitive contractual matters to resolve we should be in a position to make an announcement very soon.

5 - The investments made in the club have been made with a number of long term objectives in mind. It is also anticipated that further investments will be needed as progress is made. Therefore any profits if any will only be known once those objectives have come to fruition.

6 - A difficult one that has been at the forefront of our minds for sometime. We intend to engage someone with the relevant experience to conduct an internal review into the options available. Any conclusions will be made public following which we will give everyone an opportunity to voice opinions before any final decision is made.

Simple, I’m surprised you asked?

You didn’t mention “educational partnership” anywhere in your answers so it’s not completely accurate.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 17:37:21 pm »

You didn’t mention “educational partnership” anywhere in your answers so it’s not completely accurate.
May I refer the gentleman to the answer I gave in point 4. Whilst I fully understand the desire to have answers to the questions raised, there are a number of confidential and sensitive matters to address first. As such the nature of any “partnership” can only be revealed once negotiations have been concluded. To do otherwise would be both unethical and unprofessional and could jeopardise the whole process.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 17:48:40 pm »

Indubitably
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 17:54:59 pm »

Indubitably
I would say more irrefragable, but your comment is noted.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 17:58:40 pm »

There's gonna be a LOT of questions!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 18:33:20 pm »

He's definitely cleared some bits up so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: