The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:39:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Q&A Wednesday 15th 7-8pm  (Read 4192 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 22:05:53 pm »

This is the link I used: https://www.facebook.com/pg/northamptontownfc/posts/?ref=page_internal

Its a bit mixed to follow but if you are familiar with Facebook you should find a way to follow. Some of the questions are from simpletons like does "JFH drink tea or coffee". Glen Coustener ? asked a question on behalf of D Cadden but for some strange reason could not locate KT's direct responce. Maybe he didnt respond?
Yes he did, claiming Sixfields has upped capacity from 7700 to 8k, perhaps since last home game?

Bournemouth got to the premiership and the secret is because they have a 7700 seater stadium like the Cobblers.
Also claimed we are not going through a period of zero growth as we now have a 'game zone'

Also did I read major building works will not now take place this year but from Jan 2018?
Thats nice.

Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 22:40:55 pm »

Yes he did, claiming Sixfields has upped capacity from 7700 to 8k, perhaps since last home game?

Bournemouth got to the premiership and the secret is because they have a 7700 seater stadium like the Cobblers.
Also claimed we are not going through a period of zero growth as we now have a 'game zone'

Also did I read major building works will not now take place this year but from Jan 2018?
Thats nice.

You may well have some valid points, but you’re continued failure to address KT directly means you’re not taken seriously by fans or the club. Shame really.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 04:06:35 am »

Would have thought that Exile & Man04 will ask a question or two?

My life is all the better for not using any social media facebollocks thank you Evers, and the 7 hour time difference meant I was asleep.
Report Spam   Logged
roade cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:36 am »

Thats nice.

Beds are you a Journo for the Daily Mail? What you have quoted is just lies! ... this is what he actually said....
Q: On behalf of David Cadden ...... He got the wrong Facebook page.Could we as a club do better if we had a ground that wasnt so small inadequate and quite frankly an embarrassment?
Would it attract more fans, new and old and have them wanting to return more regularly to a bigger more professional looking stadium?
Would it attract better players and more corporate sponsorship /investment?
Does any of our fans really advocate a zero growth policy, be it because the don't like change or to avoid upsetting new best friend Thomas?
Questions being asked tonight is imo a waste of time as all of the above are needed he knows it we know it and he has to show his hand as to his ambitions for our club our find another club that has no aspirations to be the best it can with what it's got.
A: "Is this a question? What is a zero growth policy? If I recall when we took over the club we had 6000 seats, we now have 8000. Crowds have also risen since we took over based on improved marketing and promotion. I don't think Sixfields is an embarrassment. Of course it could have development and improvements but we continue to work on small improvements like the Carrs Bar, the Game Zone etc and this shouldn't be brushed aside. But lets not diminish what we do have."

Q: David Cadden I don't have a question just a demand that Thomas and Co either start building up our clubs pathetic infrastructure or sell up to others more capable.
A: "Chris - Not sure why David isn't asking the questions but I can't answer everything on Facebook due to my typing skills and time etc but have him email me and happy to make him a tea and coffee at the ground and sit and chat so I can understand his concerns more and I can explain our thoughts openly. email is kelvin.thomas@ntfc.co.uk"

Q: There has been clear investment on the pitch. In the event that our fortunes change and we were to get promoted this season (unlikely but ever hopeful!) or next, do you have any immediate plans to fast track some development to increase capacity close season?
A: "I think you would always look at the situation as it evolves yes. More capacity would always be great when the timing is right but it isn't always required. Look at the Bournemouth example. There success has been winning games and not necessarily people in the stands. But we all want a bigger stadium and more fans in there but that investment has to make commercial sense at the same time."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:25:05 am by roade cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2017, 06:48:11 am »

Thats nice.

In the past you have said the club need to do more to attract the younger fans and the future generations, something which I agree with. The addition of a game zone is a significant step forward for the yoof as is all of the work they are doing on the digital front. If the kids want to come to the ground earlier to play games, meet players etc then it is likely they will want a burger and coke and the parents will need a beverage as well. This is all extra revenue to the club which helps the team, club stadium etc. It sounds insignificant but for me it a sign they are looking long term and not just how to make a quick £ today
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2017, 07:02:16 am »

In the past you have said the club need to do more to attract the younger fans and the future generations, something which I agree with. The addition of a game zone is a significant step forward for the yoof as is all of the work they are doing on the digital front. If the kids want to come to the ground earlier to play games, meet players etc then it is likely they will want a burger and coke and the parents will need a beverage as well. This is all extra revenue to the club which helps the team, club stadium etc. It sounds insignificant but for me it a sign they are looking long term and not just how to make a quick £ today
The small stuff is very important especially when introducing the future young fan, 100% agree.
Just think how much better it would be if they saw a more atmospheric professional ground? They and their friends may come back a lot more regular.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:05:47 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2017, 08:38:45 am »

Is it true you can now get through from the West stand into the North to buy the burgers from John as opposed to the overpriced Franks ?
You never used to be able to .
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:00 am »

I can't for the life of my understand why people can't just ignore or disregard what BedsCobb / David Cadden says.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2017, 09:11:42 am »

Is it true you can now get through from the West stand into the North to buy the burgers from John as opposed to the overpriced Franks ?
You never used to be able to .

Don't know who John is, do you mean Marvo? Thought he was a train driver.

You can walk through to the fans village in the North from the West though. Us smokers do it for a half time puff.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:59 am »

Don't know who John is, do you mean Marvo? Thought he was a train driver.

You can walk through to the fans village in the North from the West though. Us smokers do it for a half time puff.
Oh ok , I didn’t know you could do that.
I miss the burgers that used to be out the front and ate now behind the North .
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2017, 10:03:31 am »

So reading between the lines a completed East Stand done to the best of what Cardoza's naff structure allows. North and South probably done as and when depending on what League we're in. He's keeping a close eye on the safe standing pilot at Shrewsbury so we may have standing provision going forwards. All seems pretty ok so far. A Hotel.

I guess the further questions are regarding value for money for the club as regards any larger enabling deal as huge questions should have been asked of Cardoza whether the East Stand carbuncle was enough of a payoff for a huge land development behind. Also transparency questions regarding who exactly 5USPORTS are. The latter two issues would be something that Beds Cobbler would be better putting his energies in to.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 16:04:05 pm »

I read through all the q's&a's and to be fair to KT he answered them well. We don't have any dates, but what we do have from the horses keyboard is that funds are in place for the East Stand, and that their is budget to spend in January on more players.

However, there wasn't one tough question on their. By tough I mean some proper digging. But Facebook isn't the place to do that to be fair, otherwise I would have taken part. So no criticism as far as those who did.

It comes back to whether or not we trust him. I do but time is wearing thin. I guess Im somewhere in the middle of BedsCobbler and 95% of the fan base! That may be because I'm very cynical, it may be because of how I found it VERY frustrating that almost our entire fan base didn't want to take DC to task 6 months before they eventually joined the party! Lets face it, most of you's lot will take any old spin thrown your way!  Grin Grin

In all seriousness though, I don't buy into this education lark one bit. That is purely and simply because 'I don't get it'. In spite of KT's many attempts to explain it. If I understood how a small Chinese firm can benefit educationally and therefore FINANCIALLY from a small football club 12 hours away on an aeroplane (which no body there has heard of) then I may change my tune on that!!

On the flip side. And this is a point that Bedscobbler continues to miss. Our owners have spent a fortune on players recently as well as managers (!) with hopefully more to come. Our budget is easily the most competitive its been at this level of football since I guess the 1960's. We may be struggling as far as the league table shows BUT that isn't because of money. Hopefully the investment will pay off on the field sooner rather than later, we've certainly been given some hope in recent weeks! This surely shows they are in it for real and are in it to win it!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 16:05:47 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 20:18:07 pm »

I read through all the q's&a's and to be fair to KT he answered them well. We don't have any dates, but what we do have from the horses keyboard is that funds are in place for the East Stand, and that their is budget to spend in January on more players.

However, there wasn't one tough question on their. By tough I mean some proper digging. But Facebook isn't the place to do that to be fair, otherwise I would have taken part. So no criticism as far as those who did.

It comes back to whether or not we trust him. I do but time is wearing thin. I guess Im somewhere in the middle of BedsCobbler and 95% of the fan base! That may be because I'm very cynical, it may be because of how I found it VERY frustrating that almost our entire fan base didn't want to take DC to task 6 months before they eventually joined the party! Lets face it, most of you's lot will take any old spin thrown your way!  Grin Grin

In all seriousness though, I don't buy into this education lark one bit. That is purely and simply because 'I don't get it'. In spite of KT's many attempts to explain it. If I understood how a small Chinese firm can benefit educationally and therefore FINANCIALLY from a small football club 12 hours away on an aeroplane (which no body there has heard of) then I may change my tune on that!!

On the flip side. And this is a point that Bedscobbler continues to miss. Our owners have spent a fortune on players recently as well as managers (!) with hopefully more to come. Our budget is easily the most competitive its been at this level of football since I guess the 1960's. We may be struggling as far as the league table shows BUT that isn't because of money. Hopefully the investment will pay off on the field sooner rather than later, we've certainly been given some hope in recent weeks! This surely shows they are in it for real and are in it to win it!

I'm not sure how much more "proper digging" there is to do, apart from maybe around the East stand with a shovel  Tongue
The issue I think people have is that Thomas doesn't speculate too much and is cautious with his words, which is probably the best tactic.
He has clarified the issue with finishing the East around the dual lease, which will now only take the timescale so far. He made it pretty clear that he airs towards success on the pitch before any real further development. Some people won't agree with that stance but if nothing it is sensible. He alludes there may be a 'masterplan' with the Chinese investment but no promises as such.
He made it clear that there will be further investment in the squad, which supports the stance of success on the pitch.
He also reminds the fans of the progress around the club in areas such as the fans village and kids zone.

I think we need to see the East completed with corporate facilities and a promotion to see anything else of significance, other than a possible hotel nearby.

Compared to the broom cupboard diaries, I really can't see what the guy could be telling any porkies about. He isn't playing with council monies. He isn't pocketing vast sums of money from this venture so far, unless anyone is suggesting he is planning to run away with the Chinese injection?!
The Chinese education bit has now been explained, even though most of us still don't get it. I am beginning to think that maybe it is just us Brits who doesn't understand the motivation and landscape of the Chinese market.

The big difference is that he is clearly prepared to set aside time to meet anyone, answer any challenges and obviously enjoys making tea and coffee. The guy before him had the warmth of a fish finger and had little interest in what the common fan had to say, even if he'd meet the odd one. KT genuinely seems to be enjoying the journey, albeit with challenges he maybe didn't plan for to complete the East stand horror show.

Maybe the biggest let downs have been his choice of managers to replace Sir CW and the jury is still out on the current one but hopefully he comes up trumps. Well that and the fact that he probably hasn't got £100m sitting in the bank as a sugar daddy!

If work on the East doesn't materialise close season for opening 2018/19, then I can see some pressing questions coming his way again and #wewantanswers 2.0.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 20:46:19 pm »

Surely the education stuff is quite simple? They want learn and use our models and implement them in China and therefore earn money that way?

They don't earn us much but I guess over there there is more need for it and bigger catchment etc etc.

Maybe I'm being too naivè.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2017, 21:14:03 pm »

I think the Chinese education thing is a smokescreen.
I would say they want the kudos of being involved in English football to enhance their brand and we are the level they could afford .
In the meantime, Venture get paid off and it secures the club in the short term .
£7 mill doesn’t go far with the wages we are paying though .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: